k-fans are boycotting universe app

• there are many problematic features of the universe app so kfans are boycotting it and refunding their payment for the ai features/phone calls

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

flirty/romantic mode. your idols can call you anything you want. literally anything. imagine how that can be exploited

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

creepy ass private phone calls that use ai voice of idols

this is g-idle soojin's ai doing a sexy dance

the boyz ai dancing naked for some reason

EDIT: it gets creepier, apparently the company involved in developing the ai on this app also made an ai chatbot that encouraged sexual harassment and racism. this is their development ideas from their ceo interview yikes

ErYcBkBVcAA327p.jpeg

read more about this here

the app rating is currently 2.7 give it 1 star before you uninstall 😘IMG_20210129_121252.jpg

• In the audio clip he is asking the user where they live and how far away it is from his house

:pepe-peek:

It's probably edging towards those dating sim apps

There are some creepy korean yandere-style ones already, I guess they thought there was a market for stuff like this

Fans ain't as dumb as they think

• This is so creeeeepy

And what’s even worse somewhere someone thought this was a good idea to even further make delulu fans think they have a personal relationship w idols and increase insane behavior

Despite backlash I have a haunting feeling stuff like this might become more common in the future

• To be fair, this is creepy as fuck.

Fans were expecting a streaming platform, not a weird dating simulation with your idol. I genuinely don't understand, did they thought they needed to add that for fans to want to download it ?

That seems dumb. Most fans aren't going to want that, and the fans who do want that isn'T the part of the fanbase that you want to see grow.

• No! What happened?

Oooh you can check it out, it's on Netflix. Episode 3 from season 5 !

• This is so creeeeepy

And what’s even worse somewhere someone thought this was a good idea to even further make delulu fans think they have a personal relationship w idols and increase insane behavior

Despite backlash I have a haunting feeling stuff like this might become more common in the future

its so scary. as if idols arent suffering enough from deepfakes and saesangs, they encourage these behaviors because there is money that can be made and they can exploit it. also the reason why companies dont do anything to saesangs because those crazies buy shit tons of albums and that means more money smh

• why are kpop companies encouraging and making things like this that are basically a breeding ground for stalkers? Idols already have to deal with enough crap. They need to fix this app, not only do the characters look horrible but this app just encourges stalker behavior and sexualizing of idols (especially since some are underage and can't legally consent).

• Yeah, it's all business and profit oriented. But still i would expect most fans to not fall for that, even the ones that want interaction, since it's all so obviously fake and forced. And you have to 'buy the pass to see content of certain person' on Universe. I hope artists won't use this app to interact with fanbase and rather continue posting on Twitter, fancafe or wherever they do. This is all heading in wrong direction...

exactly. i think they misinterpreted it when fans say they want more interactions with idols. what the fans mean are ig lives, commenting on their post on twitter or weverse etc. genuine interactions like that because they know their idols noticed them or joke with them but companies are pushing these ai and private messages that are borderline creepy and can burden idols to post more because it is paid subscription. the greed is endless

• kpop fans will soon realize Weverse is the best Fan's interaction app in South Korea with modest & DECENT features...... :suggestiver:

But still kpopie won't admit it....

It is my opinion. You are free to have your own.

• I want izone out of that app but that ain't gonna happen I just know.

External Content www.youtube.com

• First sm with aespa and now universe. This is clearly a direction these companies are invested in. Delulus might bring in more money than even we realize.

I feel something like this would work better in Japan.

• Official Post

What about underage idols? I seriously hate these features for any idol at any age but I just hope underage idols especially will be left out so pedos don't get to pretend their interacting them. I feel like this is a way for CJ ENM to also to spy on users for the phone calls your mic probably has to be enabled and so the ai will ask you personal questions and you just know people will answer and indirectly give CJ ENM data they can use for their app.

• This is way creepier than any of the similar things we have seen so far.

I think they want this app to happen, what with the name and everything, that they took it a little too far.

I am glad fans are boycotting, they should realize that fans don't need these things. And that will stop other companies from doing the same.

• What about underage idols? I seriously hate these features for any idol at any age but I just hope underage idols especially will be left out so pedos don't get to pretend their interacting them. I feel like this is a way for CJ ENM to also to spy on users for the phone calls your mic probably has to be enabled and so the ai will ask you personal questions and you just know people will answer and indirectly give CJ ENM data they can use for their app.

theyre part of the app too. i read it was k wizones who first encouraged each other to boycott the app so they must have noticed how the features can be abused by pedos and delulus.

the former app of the developer was found to have access to people's kakaotalk/line so they take data for sure. why else would they creepily ask for the address.

• This thread contains 5 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!