MNet confirms that international trainees can participate in 'Girls Planet 999' auditions!

• girls planet 999 mnet audition.jpg

MNet answered questions sent by international trainees, and tv channel confirmed that international trainees can participate in 'Girls Planet 999' auditions. However, there is a small catch because the trainee must have a connection with one of the Korean, Chinese, or Japanese agencies. The good thing about it is that anyone who is working as an influencer/model/actress/idol under Korean, Chinese, or Japanese entertainment companies will be able to participate in auditions.

More here:

https://www.allkpop.com/articlโ€ฆirls-planet-999-auditions

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• why would anyone want to participate in this after Produce

because it's great platform to showcase your skills, much better than staying in basement of one or another kpop label for eternity and then leave it all after 7-8 years of being trainee...

whatever you want to say bad about survival shows, they are an golden opportunity, and in same time they boost whole kpop market.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• because it's great platform to showcase your skills, much better than staying in basement of one or another kpop label for eternity and then leave it all after 7-8 years of being trainee...

whatever you want to say bad about survival shows, they are an golden opportunity, and in same time they boost whole kpop market.

Great way to showcase visuals you mean, since talented trainees are often shafted in favor of pretty ones during these shows. Survival show groups often have a fast burn out rate so i don't think it's any better then being a trainee who debuts from a company, especially since both situations involve unhealthy eating habits and overworking.

They are an opportunity, but I'm not sure the potential positives outway the concrete negatives, and since Produce helped cripple the idol industry i don't think another such show is a good idea. But thats just my opiniom and mnet will do whatever they want

• Great way to showcase visuals you mean, since talented trainees are often shafted in favor of pretty ones during these shows. Survival show groups often have a fast burn out rate so i don't think it's any better then being a trainee who debuts from a company, especially since both situations involve unhealthy eating habits and overworking.

They are an opportunity, but I'm not sure the potential positives outway the concrete negatives, and since Produce helped cripple the idol industry i don't think another such show is a good idea. But thats just my opiniom and mnet will do whatever they want

you know people loved I-Land, people loved CAP-TEEN, Good Girl, and Show me the Money so...

I think in 2021 after previous controversies they won't risk any shit here, this is why voting will be done through Universe App created by huge company NCSoft.

Also now contestants will be older.

As for what you wrote about the looks and visuals I would like to say somehow in Chinese survival shows it didn't matter if you are best visual or not. People were more into talent and personalities.
    And because how much kpop industry changed in recent years I also expect this to be same here. There will be global voting for sure and I bet i-fans will heavily vote for those talented ones.

• chinese survival shows are the only ones i fully watch for that very reason, the candidates are also way more diverse then in korean shows which is nice to see. Idol Producer>>> Produce

• chinese survival shows are the only ones i fully watch for that very reason, the candidates are also way more diverse then in korean shows which is nice to see. Idol Producer>>> Produce

well I believe this is why we will get Chinese trainees now, also I hope that some talented girls from North/South America + Europe which have KR/JPN/CHN roots will pass audiences because then we might get really diverse cast.

Have you seen the visuals on the Chinese shows? Not that there are not a lot more diversity, there are! BUT there are far more Korean-standard visuals on those shows than in Korea! lol

Why do I watch survival shows? This!

• Looking forward to 999 because I want to add a 100 girls to the 300 boys I'll be following this survival season.

Why do I watch survival shows? This!

• Great way to showcase visuals you mean, since talented trainees are often shafted in favor of pretty ones during these shows. Survival show groups often have a fast burn out rate so i don't think it's any better then being a trainee who debuts from a company, especially since both situations involve unhealthy eating habits and overworking.

Still, they are rare chance of the opposite. Yeonjung and Yoojung are pretty by no Korean standard. Neither is Chaeyeon nor Eunbi.

Fast burn out so what? At least, they once shine bright and make a big saving for the future. To shine bright just for 1 year still is better than forever in nugudom.

Survival shows do help broaden the opportunity for trainees and commoners. However thin that margin is, it's still better than not trying. Joining a survival show, the chance may increase by 1% but, that's still better than 0%.

Some talented individuals failed in the show but got recognized and recruited by a better agencies.

I would like to say somehow in Chinese survival shows it didn't matter if you are best visual or not. People were more into talent and personalities.

Thank for a good laugh.

• Thank for a good laugh.

? Yuxin, K Lu, and Xiaotang... all from THE9 and all don't have whole "oh she's beautiful aura" around them.

2 tomboys and tall goofy girl which looks more like those runway models than an idol.

Participate now!

Donโ€™t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!