I think Hwasa is better off without Rainbow

• Will Hwasa leave rainbow? 29

1. Yea I kinda see it (11) 38%
    2. No this is a reach lol (18) 62%

Pretty big artist and should probably sign with Psy’s label her image fits better with that label tbh. I don’t see this being the end of Mamamoo but Hwasa leaving rainbow wouldn’t be a surprise tbh.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If anything Hwasa will probably get a tailored contract made for her like was JYP did for Suzy.

• I think that Hwasa leaving would only make sense if she were getting solo offers that she wasn't allowed to take up. This doesn't seem to be the case so better the devil you know than the devil you don't. She'll have a better chance negotiating a higher cut and more creative freedom with rbw than if she started all over again somewhere else.

• Kim Do Hoon & Park Woo Sang. It's the 2 people behind EVERY songs and solo of Mamamoo. They're the 2 hidden members of Mamamoo.

Hwasa going with psy label for what pls ? RBW is not the best agency, but she is not the worst. Psy label don't deserve Hwasa at all. She don't carried RBW on her back with the girls all these years for goes to carry a new label. I have nothing against to Hyuna and Jessi but Mamamoo is more safe than these Psy label artist. I'm pretty sure Wheein & Hwasa will renew their contract.

• I think she's better off without RBW but not sure PNation is the right option for her. Frankly given just how high value her brand is, she needs to negotiate really hard to get a deal worth signing with RBW.

• The real question here is: will she be able to maintain her popularity without the Mamamoo hype?

In SK easily yes, but internationally I don't think people will show the same type of interest for her if the group disbands. Maybe for a couple of comebacks but now even Sunmi and Chungha are struggling to get noticed

• Hwasa going with psy label for what pls ? RBW is not the best agency, but she is not the worst. Psy label don't deserve Hwasa at all. She don't carried RBW on her back with the girls all these years for goes to carry a new label. I have nothing against to Hyuna and Jessi but Mamamoo is more safe than these Psy label artist. I'm pretty sure Wheein & Hwasa will renew their contract.

Let's not forget that Heize and Crush are also under P-nation too

• The real question here is: will she be able to maintain her popularity without the Mamamoo hype?

In SK easily yes, but internationally I don't think people will show the same type of interest for her if the group disbands. Maybe for a couple of comebacks but now even Sunmi and Chungha are struggling to get noticed

the "mamamoo hype" isn't the source of her popularity both in sk/intl otherwise the other girls solos would achieve a certain level of attention and streaming which they're clearly not getting. whilst being in a successful group helps, for everyone it's ultimately whether gp/casual listeners are checking for you. there are plenty of soloists still in groups but ppl still don't care about their solos.

she'll always be attached to mmm whether she leaves or not, but her success is not dependent on it. many of her fans are actually discovered the group through her.

"Sometimes, the truth is distorted and misrepresented, and we all become victims and perpetrators."

• I think RBW treated her well and promoted her solo well.

I can see her with P Nation or AOMG, but I don't see anything wrong with RBW.

I agree. I do not see any reason to leave a label that has allowed her so much control over her own career, that we seem to forget she has an manager.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Utada-Hikaru-Blue-Stay-Magical-Sig.png

• the "mamamoo hype" isn't the source of her popularity both in sk/intl otherwise the other girls solos would achieve a certain level of attention and streaming which they're clearly not getting. whilst being in a successful group helps, for everyone it's ultimately whether gp/casual listeners are checking for you. there are plenty of soloists still in groups but ppl still don't care about their solos.

she'll always be attached to mmm whether she leaves or not, but her success is not dependent on it. many of her fans are actually discovered the group through her.

Most international kpop fans don't care about soloists when they leave their respective groups. She will do amazing in SK as usual but overseas I'm not really sure. It's a rough path. Currently Sunmi, Taeyeon and even Chungha have been losing a lot of hype lately

Whether you like it or not the Mamamoo brand gives Hwasa a big portion of her current spotlight internationally. There's a reason why so many people hate on her on twitter, and that's because there's people from other GG fandoms trying to take her down along with the other girls. If she goes completely solo and Mamamoo disbands I can guarantee the dragging levels will decrease exponentially

The only group that currently has a bright secure future as soloists internationally is Blackpink and no one comes close to that

• Most international kpop fans don't care about soloists when they leave their respective groups. She will do amazing in SK as usual but overseas I'm not really sure. It's a rough path. Currently Sunmi, Taeyeon and even Chungha have been losing a lot of hype lately

Whether you like it or not the Mamamoo brand gives Hwasa a big portion of her current spotlight internationally. There's a reason why so many people hate on her on twitter, and that's because there's people from other GG fandoms trying to take her down along with the other girls. If she goes completely solo and Mamamoo disbands I can guarantee the dragging levels will decrease exponentially

The only group that currently has a bright secure future as soloists internationally is Blackpink and no one comes close to that

I think maintaining and cultivating the SK success will always be key tbh. The truly successful female soloists with decent longevity right now i.e. IU, Taeyeon have got a really strong, established, beloved Korean base while they experience successes primarily in SEA/Asia and with some good impact elsewhere. If Hwasa's smart, that's the sweet spot she'll aim for as well. She can't afford to make the missteps that someone like CL was forced/wanted to make, focusing on trying to break internationally without that strong foundation. And Hwasa is lucky because she's off to such a strong start in SK already but she still has a ways to go.

I think Hwasa at her core wants to make music until she gets tired of it. So whatever deal she makes, whether with RBW or elsewhere, I hope it's somewhere that enables her to do that.

While the Mamamoo brand has been a good thing for all the members, I think she's shown in the last year or so that she's fully capable of establishing a brand as an individual, and it's been quite profitable - with CFs, the variety, the success of Maria etc. A competent company can make that work and grow it pretty well if they have the capacity.

• It's a much debated topic. Everyone wants their bias to leave RBW lmao. The girls have gotten so big that it seems RBW seems incompetent to manage them, esp Hwasa. But then their incompetency is mostly towards Mamamoo. Oneus's No Diggitty had eng subs when the video was released while it takes months for them to upload eng and other subs for mamamoos songs.

Anyway, I am sure the girls are smart enough to decide what is the best for them.

hwasa-wheein-moonbyul-Favim.com-6996597.gif  tumblr_pogcy1rnSz1y3mlqoo1_540.gifv

4x4ever

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!