Posts by astraeapop

Yes she is in some ways. But I suspect that's a huge part of her appeal and it's what makes her brand so blandly appealing to such a wide audience. She's like Taylor Swift pre: 1989, basically.

Most international kpop fans don't care about soloists when they leave their respective groups. She will do amazing in SK as usual but overseas I'm not really sure. It's a rough path. Currently Sunmi, Taeyeon and even Chungha have been losing a lot of hype lately

Whether you like it or not the Mamamoo brand gives Hwasa a big portion of her current spotlight internationally. There's a reason why so many people hate on her on twitter, and that's because there's people from other GG fandoms trying to take her down along with the other girls. If she goes completely solo and Mamamoo disbands I can guarantee the dragging levels will decrease exponentially

The only group that currently has a bright secure future as soloists internationally is Blackpink and no one comes close to that

I think maintaining and cultivating the SK success will always be key tbh. The truly successful female soloists with decent longevity right now i.e. IU, Taeyeon have got a really strong, established, beloved Korean base while they experience successes primarily in SEA/Asia and with some good impact elsewhere. If Hwasa's smart, that's the sweet spot she'll aim for as well. She can't afford to make the missteps that someone like CL was forced/wanted to make, focusing on trying to break internationally without that strong foundation. And Hwasa is lucky because she's off to such a strong start in SK already but she still has a ways to go.

I think Hwasa at her core wants to make music until she gets tired of it. So whatever deal she makes, whether with RBW or elsewhere, I hope it's somewhere that enables her to do that.

While the Mamamoo brand has been a good thing for all the members, I think she's shown in the last year or so that she's fully capable of establishing a brand as an individual, and it's been quite profitable - with CFs, the variety, the success of Maria etc. A competent company can make that work and grow it pretty well if they have the capacity.

As expected, Wheein would prosper on an R&B or an indie label so I understand why she would be hesitant. Hwasa needs a label that can take her much farther than she is now - RBW is not that label. They don't have the capacities to do so, unfortunately, and that's the reality. So she either needs to pull a Sunmi where she has a label that's almost built around her or sign on to somewhere that can deliver.