What are the moments that made you most proud of your favorite group or idol?

• When the new lineup of Fifty Fifty was announced, many people internationally started boycotting them (which is really stupid but I digress). The girls still held their heads high, appreciated both the support in Korea and internationally. They did not let the unnecessary hate get in the way of them doing what they love: performing.

• Rolling Quartz. Definition of a Nugu group, like selling a few hundred copies of their albums. But still building such a dedicated core fandom that they are able to tour the world and get invited to festivals and cons, get TV show soundtracks. They will never be huge but I'm proud of how well they've done

Itzy. First up, and this is a weird sounding one, but their English level. All kpop groups have members that show various levels of ability in second languages, but if you watch early Itzy videos compared to recent ones where they confidently use English, it's super clear just how much effort, time and energy they all put into learning AND using English. They are all at at least a conversational level (although Yeji does struggle a bit), which is not an easy thing and not all kpop groups have all their members get there.

Ryujin especially, because she managed to sub in Lia as the groups "translator and crowd talker" when their world tour started. Like many groups with one native/fluent speaker, Lia is the primary spokesperson. So when she went on her hiatus, Ryujin had to step up and become the primary, and I was super impressed with how well she took to it.

And Chaeryeong, because in Itzy's earlier days she was the brunt of some of the worst hate waves a kpop idol has been subject too. Just foul, constant bullying about her looks, to the point of her mother having to publicly beg people to leave her daughter alone. And that early bullying clearly had an impact on her confidence, as for a long time she was shy, hiding from cameras and attention. But in recent years she's really come out of her shell, become a lot more confident in herself, gotten CF's and shown the world just how much of a beautiful person she is.

And finally XG and their label, for an interesting one. Their maknae, Cocona, wanted to shave her head slappy bald. Instead of being a typical label and dictating her hairstyle for a comeback, or flatly refusing what is a bit of a silly request, they let her embrace the idea and they ran with it, using it as part of their promo and even into the next comeback, keep it as a central part of her look. The confidence needed for an 18 year old girl in a looks and image obsessed industry to do such an extreme change, and for a company to support her and embrace it, is pretty friggin neat.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Sisters Who Make Waves was a therapuatic experience beyond what I could put into words. I don't think there's many singers who have had as many bricks thrown at them as Jessica and been able to keep it together. Getting to watch Jessica be allowed to get back on stage again, slowly rediscover her confidence and fall back in love with her own voice, really see how much we love and support her, try sounds and concepts she'd never tried before, taking unprecedented leadership roles in an environment with no drama, or evil editing, just sisterhood and positivity was so healing. It's not about how hard you fall or how many times you're down, what matters is that you keep getting back up

I was so proud of her from her shaky start:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

To her magnificent end:

External Content youtu.be

BLɅϽKPIИKJESSICAMEOVVMOO DENGNEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKA

931b476a8845696cee12b516765672754bc2ee4c.gifv98293eb140ef688be6c42c2b6153aa09fd3690bb.gifve10a81d25b0259bbebe35411de65baa3b0cbab61.gifv

• For TWICE..... debut..

Project Group 6Mixx had just "disbanded" in the same year despite a member featuring with Sunmi so for them to get through Sixteen was a good thing to see.

Of particular note was Tzuyu and Mina, both were members that had poor feedback from JYPark until the Votes were in support of them for the entire show so he seemed to reluctantly give them praise.

Later, when TWICE fans got fans that translated articles we learned just how much the members went through...

Oh wait.....

I've changed my mind, the most proudest thing is when TWICE got fans that translated what they were saying in English..... I really do miss V App

• Oh I actually got a new one

External Content www.youtube.com

Amazing stage command, great clear live vocals and dancing. Now they're getting so much praise and attention from people who didn't even know them. They got a good opportunity and they really delivered.

38bf99de07f69029b8d303b7838cf4d934ce700c.gifv              a824a0703f0c41f2b675f07de8c8bd39873a05e3.gifv              883024cf4ebc88c6ad23227ca5cf52b7bcfe6620.gifv

• I envy you for being there in such a crucial moment of their career, giving them the love they deserved.

I hope to see the girls in a live concert one day too :crycat4:

World tour got cancelled tho ;(;(;(

I hate MHJ sm istg. If she just had kept her mouth shut, this all wouldn't be happening. Sorry thebadguy  Adelaidestevsn  Tatiana1820 I love MHjs creativity and every concept she made, she is intelligent and super creative, and the best creative director I've seen, but her selfishness ruins it for me. Hybe isn't any better. All the ppl involved are greedy money-hungry selfish egoists, and this is my final opinion. You can take me out of MHJ squat ;( I'm sorry. If this all resolves, I will like her again

⋆.ೃ࿔˚⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆. we rise up above ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆ ・⋆

・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

• World tour got cancelled tho ;(;(;(

I hate MHJ sm istg. If she just had kept her mouth shut, this all wouldn't be happening. Sorry thebadguy  Adelaidestevsn  Tatiana1820 I love MHjs creativity and every concept she made, she is intelligent and super creative, and the best creative director I've seen, but her selfishness ruins it for me. Hybe isn't any better. All the ppl involved are greedy money-hungry selfish egoists, and this is my final opinion. You can take me out of MHJ squat ;( I'm sorry. If this all resolves, I will like her again

What do you mean by "If she just had kept her mouth shut, this all wouldn't be happening."

It was hybe that went public and started this war not mhj. Also newjeans members parents were complaining to mhj about illit copying them so what she supposed to do? Tell them to just stfu?

• What do you mean by "If she just had kept her mouth shut, this all wouldn't be happening."

It was hybe that went public and started this war not mhj. Also newjeans members parents were complaining to mhj about illit copying them so what she supposed to do? Tell them to just stfu?

Well, she should've been more careful. I just think her whole attitude is provocative. She couldve guessed something like this could happen

⋆.ೃ࿔˚⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆. we rise up above ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆ ・⋆

・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!