It seems like even with all the screwups Twice will remain the biggest Kpop gg of all time

• Their career is far from perfect and it went completely off the rails since like 2020 but somehow other ggs are even worse. NJ had a great shot but for the reasons they are not responsible for (I mean their parent company CEO actively hates and sabotages them) they kinda lost the chance the way I see it.

BP chose to go their own way even though they honestly did have a shot at winning against Twice in a longevity battle, since they were still charting, their musical image was great. But comparing 7 years to 7 years Idk how can some blinks still be that delulu and think BP has achieved more :pepe-life-support:

SNSD....well their individual success and variety of it, aka Yoona acting, Taeyeon still slaying charts remains the greatest. However as a group Twice has more achievements and lets be honest, SNSD's music hasn't aged well and they weren't really ever digimons, got outcharted by most rivals.

And I am not even saying this as a Once, yall already renounced me from the fandom for hating too much and I didn't even object to that. So I am just saying how it really is without bias.

• Snsd was "never digimon got outcharted by their rival"

Remind me where "Forever 1" peak in the chart after 15 years of activity as a group ??

Oh yeah top 5 after 15 years not bad for a group who's never been strong in chart

How is twice doing in the chart after 9 years of activity ??

Oh yeah sorry i should not have asked, i know it's a sensitive question for Once

Also funny how you mention that snsd was never digimon cuz they got outcharted by their rival

When twice whole discography for the past 3 years have been outcharted by their rival, blackpink, red velvet, ... :snsd17:

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

• Well, who knows, if they disbanded after 7 years and then came back in 15, people would be checking out Twice for nostalgia reasons. Or maybe not. But I am not gonna entertain "make believe" scenarios. Twice is still not close to their 15th anniversary. If you want a more fair comparison, how about All Night and Holiday, huh?

"Past 3 years", dude Twice hasn't charted for past three years, they are outstreamed by everyone during this time. Your problem is, you don't read, cause I literally admitted in the OP that Twice career is not perfect, I said it is still better than others.

Twice during those 7 years is the most streamed girl group and also has the individually most streamed songs, which is Cheer Up and plus they have most amount of songs in top10 and top20 most streamed gg songs of 3rd gen.

However can't brat about either of this. Their biggest song was Gee but it wasn't the biggest song of 2nd gen, it lost daesang to 2ne1, their rivals. Sorry but Twice never had to watch BP or RV win daesang. They only lost Daesangs to boy groups.

Wonder Girls, 2ne1, Sistar have all done better than SNSD digitally. You can either cope with it or lose your shit but it is the reality.

• You gonna ignore the last few years where Twice struggle to stay in the top 100 mutiple times?

• that's nice, it took snsd like 4 years to do tokyo dome alone

Twice did that overnight next

• Need to be more specific about going off rails, I thought you were referring to them starting the terrible encore trend.

snsd vocal line with jessica was great

but lets not be oblivious to the fact that yonna, yuri , hyoyeon and then sooyoung could not hold a single note,

why do you think the line distribution in snsd dsongs were always so terrible?

because they couldn't sing, hyoyeonwould always get about 3 secs at best

SM was smart, they knew there dance line couldn't hold a note, so they gave them little lines = no bad encores

• BP chose to go their own way even though they honestly did have a shot at winning against Twice in a longevity battle, since they were still charting, their musical image was great. But comparing 7 years to 7 years Idk how can some blinks still be that delulu and think BP has achieved more

YG had just as bad screwups as jyp that's why in the end twice ended as the biggest girl group in kpop history, if you need to invest more than $30M each full album for bp to pull the numbers they were pulling with the album and born pink then that's just unsustainable and that's the reason why bp couldn't surpass twice overall results in a lot of categories, needing to go in long hiatus after spending so much to prepare for the next time.

And then with all that money spent you still come and underperform in some areas like billboard 200 and fail to meet the expectations of your labels, that's why interscope staff went on podcasts to talk about how bp didn't meet their expectations after investing so damn much.

• YG had just as bad screwups as jyp that's why in the end twice ended as the biggest girl group in kpop history, if you need to invest more than $30M each full album for bp to pull the numbers they were pulling with the album and born pink then that's just unsustainable and that's the reason why bp couldn't surpass twice overall results in a lot of categories, needing to go in long hiatus after spending so much to prepare for the next time.

And then with all that money spent you still come and underperform in some areas like billboard 200 and fail to meet the expectations of your labels, that's why interscope staff went on podcasts to talk about how bp didn't meet their expectations after investing so damn much.

You are lying bc hiatus is a YGE thing unless you tell me that BB and 2ne1 results were so disappointing that YGE also sent them in huge hiatus.

And what disappointing numbers? Their album sales? Their hit songs? Their global endorsements? Their touring numbers? Bc if you think Twice gives jype money then the same logic will be applied to BP that sold the same in single album and toured more with way more expensive tickets. BP was 80% of YGE income, be serious.

𝙱𝙰𝙱𝚈 𝙸'𝙼 𝙰 𝚁𝙾𝙲𝙺𝚂𝚃𝙰𝚁

• You are lying bc hiatus is a YGE thing unless you tell me that BB and 2ne1 results were so disappointing that YGE also sent them in huge hiatus.

And what disappointing numbers? Their album sales? Their hit songs? Their global endorsements? Their touring numbers? Bc if you think Twice gives jype money then the same logic will be applied to BP that sold the same in single album and toured more with way more expensive tickets. BP was 80% of YGE income, be serious.

BB and 2ne1 are entirely different cases, so no correlation.

And yes, even with how successful bp was they still had disappointing results, like this one alone had the entirety of interscope, yg and blink fandom in disarray

chart data (@chartdata) on X
    .@NCTsmtown_127's '2 Baddies' and @BLACKPINK's #BORNPINK both currently challenging for #1 in US pure sales this week, with around 55K each (via @HITSDD).
    x.com

• BB and 2ne1 are entirely different cases, so no correlation.

And yes, even with how successful bp was they still had disappointing results, like this one alone had the entirety of interscope, yg and blink fandom in disarray

https://x.com/chartdata/status/1572320229543346176

What's different with BB and 2ne1 when BP had better results overall than them?? What?? It's the same. YGE hiatus was a YGE problem, not a BP one as this happened with all their acts.

They are the best performing gg ww in kpop, having the biggest gg tour, having the biggest gg hits ww and they for sure did more money to YGE than 2ne1 ever did or any other YGE act minus maybe BB, a big maybe.

𝙱𝙰𝙱𝚈 𝙸'𝙼 𝙰 𝚁𝙾𝙲𝙺𝚂𝚃𝙰𝚁

• Absence makes the heart grow fonder. People listened to SNSD's reunion because they wanted a slice of nostalgia. They would do the same for Twice if they had been gone for centuries like SNSD had. But it doesn't really matter, they've gone bye-bye once again, while Twice is still here.

• ik him mentioning snsd was going to hurt you

Twice outsells and outtours snsd in every aspect and the difference isn't even minimal

if you really want to compare digitals to that monstrous feat then go ahead

plus Twice never kicked out any members, jessica says hi!

Doesn't detract from being unable to stay in the top 100. Not even nugus struggle that hard while Twice is supposed to be NGG.

snsd vocal line with jessica was great

but lets not be oblivious to the fact that yonna, yuri , hyoyeon and then sooyoung could not hold a single note,

why do you think the line distribution in snsd dsongs were always so terrible?

because they couldn't sing, hyoyeonwould always get about 3 secs at best

SM was smart, they knew there dance line couldn't hold a note, so they gave them little lines = no bad encores

Dunno what crack your own but SNSD dance line were more than capable in their early years, the weakest like Hyoyeon or Yoona were actually able to sing live, while dancing too. Dance line have improved ever since and all can easily sing on their own without issue, Sooyoung has done a dew SNSD songs like ITNW on her own. Meanwhile Twice years after debuting and experience still couldn't sing live includingduring mutiple encore across multiple years.

• What's different with BB and 2ne1 when BP had better results overall than them?? What?? It's the same. YGE hiatus was a YGE problem, not a BP one as this happened with all their acts.

They are the best performing gg ww in kpop, having the biggest gg tour, having the biggest gg hits ww and they for sure did more money to YGE than 2ne1 ever did or any other YGE act minus maybe BB, a big maybe.

Ah, but 2ne1 actually had very active first years of career, and I'm talking about the 2 years period between the album and born pink, you missed my point. first 4 almost 5 years didn't had the problem of hiatus I'm talking about.

• What about iKon, Winner Lee Hi and Akmu?

ikon and winner had good activity during their time, kpop groups usually had most of their activity during their first 5 years, the hiatus you are referring are all after those 5 years, all yg groups had good activity during that period of time, bp is the one going in 2 years hiatus before it because what I mentioned, they become a too expensive group.

• ikon and winner had good activity during their time, kpop groups usually had most of their activity during their first 5 years, the hiatus you are referring are all after those 5 years, all yg groups had good activity during that period of time, bp is the one going in 2 years hiatus before it because what I mentioned, they become a too expensive group.

Tell me who do you think are the top3 most profitable acts in YGE?

They weren't expensive as you are implying, it was YGE incompetence that made them go on hiatus.

𝙱𝙰𝙱𝚈 𝙸'𝙼 𝙰 𝚁𝙾𝙲𝙺𝚂𝚃𝙰𝚁

• Doesn't detract from being unable to stay in the top 100. Not even nugus struggle that hard while Twice is supposed to be NGG.

Dunno what crack your own but SNSD dance line were more than capable in their early years, the weakest like Hyoyeon or Yoona were actually able to sing live, while dancing too. Dance line have improved ever since and all can easily sing on their own without issue, Sooyoung has done a dew SNSD songs like ITNW on her own. Meanwhile Twice years after debuting and experience still couldn't sing live includingduring mutiple encore across multiple years.

:meme-lying:

• YG had just as bad screwups as jyp that's why in the end twice ended as the biggest girl group in kpop history, if you need to invest more than $30M each full album for bp to pull the numbers they were pulling with the album and born pink then that's just unsustainable and that's the reason why bp couldn't surpass twice overall results in a lot of categories, needing to go in long hiatus after spending so much to prepare for the next time.

You arguing with Yama messed you up huh? If we go by every categories, BP would win more compared to twice stop lying :cursing: :cursing:

And we don't need to look far, just go here in akp and you would see recent threads making fun of twice's career cuz of the consecutive flops. :cursing: :cursing:

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
    ✴✴✴✴✴ KIM JISOO'S HUSBANDO ✴✴✴✴✴
    b7de288879b59732b5115a93d7f259edd464dd39.jpg2320df8ccb8a4af42b9e108fb34e3d8109964aae.jpg2a8fc619d348ef8f6380880604eb8bb8e97b8105.jpg

• This thread contains 54 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!