RIIZE was criticized for their singing skills with the ‘BOOM BOOM BASS’ encore on Show Champion

• RIIZE was criticized for their singing skills with the ‘BOOM BOOM BASS’ encore on Show Champion

RIIZE ‘BOOM BOOM BASS’ wins 1st place on Show Champion Speech + Live encore RIIZE-was-criticized-for-their-singing-skills-with-the-BOOM-BOOM-BASS-encore-on-Show-Champion-1024x575.jpg

Speech

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Encore

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content x.com

1. Can a singer who is nervous when singing be called a real singer?

2. They are the group with the worst singers in SM history

3. Who is the main vocalist?

4. No matter how good Shotaro is at dancing, he can’t even sing, so how can he debut? Furthermore, he transferred from NCT to RIIZE, and there are hardly any people in SM like him, so I’m really surprised that he’s at Sakura and Moka’s level..ㅠ

5. Honestly, it’s not good. Honestly, out of all the SM idols currently active, I think they are the worst

6. These guys make money really easily

7. After watching the live broadcast, I was surprised because the live performance was not as good as I thought. There is no member that I think is particularly good at singing

8. Wow, are those Japanese people on the same level as Sakura?

9. Honestly, there are no rookie idols who sing as bad as them…

10. They all sing badly. Who is the main vocalist?

11. I can’t believe there will be a day when SM idols will be criticized for their singing skills

12. Out of all the male idols I’ve seen, I think they had the worst encore

Original post (1)

• I think this is a song problem more than vocal talent lol. Their specially failing at is the higher part in each verse. Goes from deep tone to high tone and they seem to sing awkwardly for the high tone.

But Shotaro, homie, he's giving Giselle vibes which suck, because he was already promoting before Riize. He was also social media casted as a dancer, but that's really no excuse.

Besides that, they just don't look like they are having fun. Maybe after a few more years, they will not care so much and be better performers

• It is due to their condition. They're all tired as hell. This is them coming back from traveling to another country just before their comeback from a fan conference and having endless schedule every day.

pasted-from-clipboard.png

I've seen these guys do live before and they do fine. SM just needs to let them get some rest in between their schedules.

Both WonBin, Shotaro supposedly have issues. SM is sending them to event after event with no recovery time and their choreograph is not light either.

edit --

Even good singers in bad condition cannot perform like they typically do

All of them have lost weight and look downright tired

• I think this is a song problem more than vocal talent lol. Their specially failing at is the higher part in each verse. Goes from deep tone to high tone and they seem to sing awkwardly for the high tone.

But Shotaro, homie, he's giving Giselle vibes which suck, because he was already promoting before Riize. He was also social media casted as a dancer, but that's really no excuse.

Besides that, they just don't look like they are having fun. Maybe after a few more years, they will not care so much and be better performers

Isn't it a case of him being a rapper more than being a singer?

Could be that their condition is not that great right now. I just started following RIIZE not that long ago, but even I noticed that their schedule is jam-packed—so much so that they're running these guys ragged. I mean, I could literally see from photos and videos some of the members losing weight like crazy and looking tired.

Fans on X also said that some of the guys were not feeling well during the precording and that they were doing their best but that it was obvious that they were running low on stam.

• Ok so I listened to it. Shotaro is clearly not a singer, anyone who watched him in NCT knows that he sticks to dancing and idol rap. I can honestly look past him sounding bad. But whoever did that second high note (likely Sohee), yikes. That wasn't good. This was rough, but it's not awful.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Is this SM's least vocally skilled group ever?

Sohee can't carry this group on his own. Eunseok sounded decent. Anton was struggling a bit. I'm not sure what to make of Wonbin. Shotaro and Sungchan are not singers lol. They're the dancers/idol rappers.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Sohee can't carry this group on his own. Eunseok sounded decent. Anton was struggling a bit. I'm not sure what to make of Wonbin. Shotaro and Sungchan are not singers lol. They're the dancers/idol rappers.

Usually Sohee along with WonBin carries the vocals from what I saw on their other live singing for their other songs. Unfortunately for them, this was a bad night for them. WonBin's start would have been much better if he skipped out on greetings (edit: singing and in between greeting people). Everyone was off that night.

While we're on the subject of singing, let me plug in their Shinee Replay cover:

External Content youtu.be

Edited once, last by oldies ().

• Just highlights no one cares about the singing, except a very small vocal minority.

They still making bank, selling heaps of albums and have a lot of CFs.

• Just highlights no one cares about the singing, except a very small vocal minority.

They still making bank, selling heaps of albums and have a lot of CFs.

lol hi there

No, they do care. Otherwise, idols who cannot sing would not get whacked by Knetz whenever there is an issue with their inability to sing. But even good singers can have mediocre/bad days when their conditions are bad.

Plug in for their song One Kiss that Byun WooSuk recommended One Kiss:

lmao might as well use this opportunity to get some visibility for them here on AK

Giselle sings way better than Shotaro.

• Sohee can't carry this group on his own. Eunseok sounded decent. Anton was struggling a bit. I'm not sure what to make of Wonbin. Shotaro and Sungchan are not singers lol. They're the dancers/idol rappers.

Honestly

Riize debuted as a pretty solid group

With sohee, wonbin and seughan carrying the vocal line

Losing seughan made them end up in a situation where some members like anton and Sungchan are taking role that they weren't necessarily destiny for

• I just watched their live encore on MCountDown today and they were much better.

SM just needs to make sure not to schedule too many events for them on the same day. Yesterday's performance on that music show was on the same day as other events like NME, where they performed several of their songs on stage. Poor Anton even slipped on that stage since it was slippery.

Too bad I have a meeting soon so I can't search and post those clips.

• Honestly

Riize debuted as a pretty solid group

With sohee, wonbin and seughan carrying the vocal line

Losing seughan made them end up in a situation where some members like anton and Sungchan are taking role that they weren't necessarily destiny for

I can see that. SoHee, WonBin, and SeungHan did make a good lineup and yes I agree that line distribution this time on BBB left a lot to be desired. I would think they could have distributed some of the SC rap part to Shotaru and divided up the singing more between the vocal SH and WB more. But seriously, they need to stop making WB run all over the stage for their choreograph. From this song to even other songs that they have, they have him moving from one side to other and pretty much covering the stage to help the dance formation of the group which probably tires out the guy fast if they had to redo those takes multiple times like they do on music shows.

For Sohee's part, I noticed they make an effort to provide decent setup so he's not ragged from the dancing. Overall, this is a solid group. But last boy group that I will stan period. Too much drama with boy groups.

• Now if I were to give them the HYBE group treatment I'd say they can't sing and I'll continue saying it even though they show improvement in the future. Oh also, I'd like to add that they are untalented.

At least they fix it and prove it was a glitch in the very next day.i guess SM couldn't find flute and forced them to get overtime training instead :pepepizza: .

• I can see that. SoHee, WonBin, and SeungHan did make a good lineup and yes I agree that line distribution this time on BBB left a lot to be desired. I would think they could have distributed some of the SC rap part to Shotaru and divided up the singing more between the vocal SH and WB more. But seriously, they need to stop making WB run all over the stage for their choreograph. From this song to even other songs that they have, they have him moving from one side to other and pretty much covering the stage to help the dance formation of the group which probably tires out the guy fast if they had to redo those takes multiple times like they do on music shows.

For Sohee's part, I noticed they make an effort to provide decent setup so he's not ragged from the dancing. Overall, this is a solid group. But last boy group that I will stan period. Too much drama with boy groups.

I think it was clearly just a bad day

Because today they sound much better, even taro sound pretty nice

External Content twitter.com

• I think it was clearly just a bad day

Because today they sound much better, even taro sound pretty nice

External Content twitter.com

Yes, it was just a bad day for them as they showed the very next day with this performance. The guys sound good. But SM really is running them ragged with multiple events on the same day; some of them where they are performing live at events then they shuttle them to another event within an hour of the last event. Their scheduling leaves a lot to be desired.

• Yes, it was just a bad day for them as they showed the very next day with this performance. The guys sound good. But SM really is running them ragged with multiple events on the same day; some of them where they are performing live at events then they shuttle them to another event within an hour of the last event. Their scheduling leaves a lot to be desired.

Honestly SM need to let them rest

I know they are rookies and they need to surf on it to build a fanbase and keep the public attention

But they really need to rest

They debuted in september 2023

And since their debut they fully promoted 5 songs in 6 months (get a guitar, talk saxy, love 119, impossible, boom boom bass)

Which means pratically 1 comeback every months

+ 1 full fanmeet tour

On the other side to compare with other artist of 4 th gen who are very active currently

Aespa had made a comeback only 2 times in the past 6 months ( drama + armaggedon album)

It practically means that for the past 6 months they didn't have any week of rest

They are probably the most overworked rookie in kpop i've ever seen

• Yes, they are overworked and it really makes me feel conflicted due to the reasons you stated.

I know why they do it, but seeing them dropping weight and looking tired and worn down made me feel a pinch in my semi-shriveled heart. That is why I am supporting them fully because we all know companies treat their idols better once they're more successful. And the foundation they build will bring them more opportunities too, for them all.

They were so happy with their MCountDown win and so humble. WonBin couldn't believe it; SongTaro were very nervous at first; SeungChan was getting emotional over their win; and Sohee was so happy. :holding-back-tears:

External Content x.com

• At least they fix it and prove it was a glitch in the very next day.i guess SM couldn't find flute and forced them to get overtime training instead :pepepizza: .

using glitch as an excuse when your faves just cant sing, tsk tsk tsk

everybody knows that "overtime training" in SM are layman terms for "lip syncing practice"

Their trainers just gave them a manual on how to look convincing

oh yeah and of course, how could I forget?

they untalented too

[new signature coming soon but in the meantime, read the facts below]

• lol stop being bitter and enjoy RIIZE goodness :*

at Inkigayo

• Well, well, well, what we got here :pepe-tea: . Who else other than Army jumped out as fast as lightning bolt after SM idol made bad encore one time. Poor you, must have been waiting for years to make such a comment. Relax, Hybe group bad encore still top at chart and hit PAK every CB, just like Hybe idol streaming number that the only Hybe Stan can bragged about their idols:pepe-shrug: .

Disclaimer: I don't stan BG.

• Nah this is just amusing to me

I ain't even listened to the encore nor have I listened to anything those dudes have put out.

I don't even have any malicious feelings towards them lmao

One of my fave past times is just pointing out inconsistencies and kpop stan hypocrisy is all

• "Waiting for years"

tu exagères ma puce

Only a few months

What I want to know is how an idol that CAN sing get told they're untalented and can't sing over a few bad performances??

My behaviour is just reminiscent of that K-pop stan phenomenon

And your defensive comments just

Proves that it is unfair don't it?

• They are actually a very hot group right now in Korea. I guess they're trying to strike while the iron is hot so to speak and not lose momentum. Probably not a bad strategy if they can space things out a little better to give the boys some rest. SM has gold on their hand. If they make the right moves and give them some hit songs that fit with their vocals, RIIZE has the potential to be huge. Too bad SM hasn't been able to do it yet with RIIZE like they did with their gen 1 - gen 4 groups. But I think maybe they can do it. I hope SM still has enough creative juice left for RIIZE and makes them a huge success, and maybe then they will start treating them better since we know companies treat their successful acts better.

• This thread contains 16 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!