NCT Taeyong + Renjun asking fans to boycott Starbucks NCT collection

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

not a problem for me

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content x.com

463eda371fede344940acbc381f96869e6143015.gifv79106434b0002ee0c926d5e94195eb06a5853851.gifvf732218d3ed2a00b71c08339ca6867b1e79f73ed.gifv

Edited once, last by Aeicy ().

• Once again

Starbucks was flopping in Korea years ago because in Seoul at that time there was about 70k cafe's

so to minimalize loses they've sold it

the so called Starbucks in Korea is owned by E-Mart and GIC

E-mart is part of Shinsegae group the chaebol conglomerate in Korea

E-mart is largest shareholder of Starbucks Korea they have 67,5% of all shares

GIC has remaining shares and it's Singaporean based company

Starbucks in Korea even has it's own design team, overall it means this is basically totally different company, which just shares the logo and maybe some recipe with the Starbucks you know and have in your country

Basically fans causing a stir on twitter are uneducated brats

but sadly Idols can see those comments so it's normal that some like in this case Taeyong don't want to have anything to do with it

External Content www.youtube.com

• did yall forgot when nct 127 said hi africa instead of israel to mtv israel

:pepe-notes: also taeyong

• :pepe-notes: also taeyong

hes in nct 127-

• I'm glad he openly talk about this

Because way too often kpop fans consider that the actions of their company is a reflect of the artist thoughts

Kpop idols sold their image to their company so they can do whatever they want with it, and company are hungry for money so they don't give a f about what's happening around the world if they can gain 1 more dollar at the end of the month

But their actions doesn't reflect the principles and ideology of their idols

And i'm glad that Taeyong isn't afraid to be vocal and say " they are using our group name but i don't support this and you neither shouldn't"

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

• uneducated brats- oh rlly - starbucks is still starbucks weither its in america or in korea- keep on drinking ur bloody drink

• uneducated brats- oh rlly - starbucks is still starbucks weither its in america or in korea- keep on drinking ur bloody drink

if HYBE would sell ADOR

would it mean that ADOR is still HYBE?

ps: I don't drink such things, I prefer to brew my coffee myself

• Well his action got reaction. Starbucks is trending w >650,000 tweets (or whatever it’s called nowadays)

。・:*˚:✧。  :borahae::borahae: 。・:*˚:✧。⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

• Well... I guess if a kpop star posts a picture of themself enjoying a Starbucks drink with the logo on it, it still kinda "advertises" it, and might make some international fans (even though a few of them maybe) want to buy it in their own country.

or I'm not sure how to explain it.

• Well... I guess if a kpop star posts a picture of themself enjoying a Starbucks drink with the logo on it, it still kinda "advertises" it, and might make some international fans (even though a few of them maybe) want to buy it in their own country.

or I'm not sure how to explain it.

you are right and I get it your point about advertising brand

but you know how it is, it kind of sucks that so many idols were already blamed just for drinking a coffee

• Glad an idol has a sense of morality bc many don't

Korea got the fastest internet in the world, so they CAN, SHOULD AND MUST read about what it's happening

kpop idols have no exuse of not knowing bc there are protest for palestine in korea, there js choosing to be ignorant

• It feels good when you stan the right person with a beautiful soul ✨️ and super-smart.

Taeyong :pepelove:

External Content youtu.be

• they deserve all the hate and blame, yunjin, somi, ive etc

Somi's father is of German and Dutch decent, both people who were responsible for Apartheid in South Africa and the Holocaust of Jews. There's no way that she didn't know what she was doing especially when she knows that as a popular influencer, anything she posts gets millions of views.

• I've yet to see any real evidence that ties Starbucks to Palestine/Israel. Starbucks doesn't even operate in Israel, from what I remember. That union suing thing is hardly new for SB they are known for being union busting and not wanting their logo attached to anything remotely controversial. It's also not mentioned on the official BDS list I've seen.

I mean they have shitty labour practices and their treatment of unions is appalling so boycott them by all means, but people keep calling everyone a zionist for holding a cup and it's absurd.

• the one who needs to be educated is you if you can't understand that brand names are paid for and aren't used for free even after change in ownership and management. It's still a franchise after all. Even if the original Starbucks was sold off, they have to pay for using the brand name as it brings in fans of Starbucks which earns the owners of new business the brand name owners money that they use to support the psychopathic murderers who are killing people in Palestine.

No lie or propaganda will blind people ever again.

It's good that some idols are not brainwashed.

Edited once, last by sonemariam ().

• I've yet to see any real evidence that ties Starbucks to Palestine/Israel. Starbucks doesn't even operate in Israel, from what I remember. That union suing thing is hardly new for SB they are known for being union busting and not wanting their logo attached to anything remotely controversial. It's also not mentioned on the official BDS list I've seen.

I mean they have shitty labour practices and their treatment of unions is appalling so boycott them by all means, but people keep calling everyone a zionist for holding a cup and it's absurd.

idk anything about what actually went on with starbucks and the israel connection but the brand is associated to it now and SM rejects a lot of stuff for their idols but not something like this thats obviously gonna affect them...

• are you people ok?

acting like hes doing something so groundbreaking?

all he did was post-boycott leaving the rest to our imaginations

if he could do that he could of posted actually serious things about Palestine, like go fund me/charities/ informative things

but that being said I do hope this starts a trend in kpop where idols talk about the issues around the world

• ur reaching, boycott what?

if he has the decency to post boycott

he could have been you know a bit more specific

I just see this as him not wanting the controversy somi went though that's it, lets stop babying our idols

• Somi's father is of German and Dutch decent, both people who were responsible for Apartheid in South Africa and the Holocaust of Jews. There's no way that she didn't know what she was doing especially when she knows that as a popular influencer, anything she posts gets millions of views.

thats so sad and sickening

they have been donating money to israel, and doing its so proudly like somi in a tiktok is a form of zionism

• thing is, doing that should be the bare minimum, but no kpop idols but few talked about whats happening like fatou from blackswan

• they have been donating money to israel, and doing its so proudly like somi in a tiktok is a form of zionism

no they have not, that is a thing that tik tok keeps spreading with no actual evidence whatsoever. Which is why Starbucks isn't on the BDS list. I even saw people claiming Starbucks is funding weapons for Israel, which is even more idiotic.

• pnchoa posted about it

but its hot ass, just dont mind it, knetz do not have a brain

if any of his colleagues feel attacked bc he posted this then THEY are the problem

like fr

"For reference, Israel and Korea, which are at war with Islam, are allies

He became a soldier who supports an enemy country" what in the stupidity is this

• no they have not, that is a thing that tik tok keeps spreading with no actual evidence whatsoever. Which is why Starbucks isn't on the BDS list. I even saw people claiming Starbucks is funding weapons for Israel, which is even more idiotic.

whats more idiotic is supporting a chain thats giving money to ppl that bombs children

• This thread contains 28 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!