Why is IVE so weak internationally now? Their spotify streams are worrying me

• Ive went from the most solid girl group with huge success domestically and international potential 2 years ago to a group who fails horrendously on global charts despite being still at the peak of their careers. This is the 4th time they didn't make it to spotify charts:

Kpop Charts (@kchartsmaster) on X
    “HEYA” by @IVE_twt debuts with 767,582 streams on Spotify Counter.
    twitter.com

☀️ (@nadoobi) on X
    IVE sets record as the 4th gen group with the SHORTEST run in Spotify Global Chart with four title tracks and a full english single! ‘Either Way’ — 0 days…
    twitter.com

I can totally understand not pulling the 2M-3M the hybe girl groups get with their spotify payola but those numbers are crazy, even some twice bsides get more streams than that, even a mid tier group like kiss of life is having better debuts. Clearly they get not kakao support internationally to push bigger numbers with the few playlisting they get:

ruben (@FWGRANDEE) on X
    @kchartsmaster @IVE_twt 14 hours of tracking, 10 playlists and a dream🙏🏽
    twitter.com

But in almost 3 years they should have created a more than decent fandom to pull better numbers and they are still one of the most attractive girl groups to attract kpop general public attention, those numbers are catastrophic. Was happy watching this era being more solid than the last one and they breaking the fraudulent sales allegations too but can't pretend this is happening.

• They still might make it into Spotify Global 200 with 24 hr tracking.

But yeah, MHJ didn't mention Ive in the last week but she did mention about 50 other groups. Its because most of the money is coming from international fans.

I could provide some analysis as to why, but I can't be bothered.

• But yeah, MHJ didn't mention Ive in the last week but she did mention about 50 other groups. Its because most of the money is coming from international fans.

I could provide some analysis as to why, but I can't be bothered.

Bro got ahead and share that analysis, I wasn't expecting this disaster for ive this early in their career.

• They're so over

Ive fans can't act the most unbothered they want, if I was one of you I will be panicking rn, a girl group with the It girl of the gen and so much potential starting to fall off this early without reason is unprecedented.

can they still make money from touring like bg's?

They are doing fine so far in touring but their popularity in japan seems decaying and doesn't seem they have too much future on US, that's the 2 biggest touring markets.

• Ive fans can't act the most unbothered they want, if I was one of you I will be panicking rn, a girl group with the It girl of the gen and so much potential starting to fall off this early without reason is unprecedented.

They are doing fine so far in touring but their popularity in japan seems decaying and doesn't seem they have too much future on US, that's the 2 biggest touring markets.

interesting

• Their leader should appear more in songs, she is hotter compared to wong girl. Idk why half the song is wong doing stuff in their mv.

I wouldn't say hotter, but has more general public appeal in the West who like curvier body shapes.

They retreated in Japan for some weird reason. I dunno if they are still doing euro-pop still like they have since Love Dive and still targeting Europe, as I only listened to Heya once and cant recall anything.

Edited once, last by K-PL ().

• I wouldn't say hotter, more has more general public appeal in the West who like curvier body shapes.

Having femenine charms should be considered as being hotter. Wong (their poster girl) doesn't have a mature face imho, i would prefer her over leader in children songs. Also I don't know if I am allowed to say it, but the jobs wong recived has totally changed how she looks compared to her old videos. Why someone so young needed so many things even?

• "I can totally understand not pulling the 2M-3M the hybe girl groups get with their Spotify payola"

:pepefacepalm:

HEYA filtered streams are low right now, so they would need a massive jump in the few days to enter Spotify Global.

Underwater - remake | Cute animal drawings, Fantasy dragon, Animal drawingsOcean with dragons, fish, and other animals having fun anime styleUnderwater - remake | Cute animal drawings, Fantasy dragon, Animal drawings

Edited once, last by Wateris ().

• 40% of ive music videos are genuinely just wonyoung face close ups... can't blame them, she is the It girl of this gen and so above the rest in popularity is almost inevitable.

That is what I am saying, it's same thing over and over again, strategy should change, leader should show herself more in mv, I don't think she is unpopular.

• Twice bsides don’t get more than that now don’t lie lol

Yes they do, and their bsides streams are close to those numbers most of the time my guy

KOREAN SALES (@koreansales_twt) on X
    Biggest 2023 Song Debuts by K-Pop Artists On Spotify (1st Day, unfiltered): 10. #TWICE "SET ME FREE" — 1,51M 🆕️ 13. #TWICE "SET ME FREE (ENG)" — 883,509 🆕️…
    twitter.com

TWICE Spotify Charts (@twspotifycharts) on X
    Biggest 2022 B-side Debuts by K-Pop Female Acts on Spotify — 1. #NAYEON 'NO PROBLEM' — 1,065,250 2. #나연 'LOVE COUNTDOWN' — 921,684 3. @JYPETWICE 'Queen of…
    twitter.com

• Playlisting doesn't have that much of an impact on daily filtered streams. Magnetic only jumped up by 57K streams the next day after being added to TTH.

• True, but mind you we had two other gg’s that had Monday releases and they entered first day.

IVE also had Monday releases before baddie. So I wonder what happened?

I think the baddie era really hurt them internationally, hope they recover this comeback though.

1. After LIKE - 1,942,939
    2. I AM - 1,384,490
    3. LOVE DIVE - 1,078,894
    4. Kitsch - 1,040,514
    5. Baddie - 888,334
    6. Either Way - 738,861
    7. Off The Record - 701,766

8. ELEVEN - 418,446

• They only used to rank when they used to get solid opening playlisting. That's why they don't rank anymore.

Look at IVEs tour, they were never anything special internationally. Just another groups like Idle or Itzy.

• Starship is not BIg 4. Starship has less resource and know-how for international promotion.
    IVE doesn't have so-called "Company fans", which means they are on their own.

So, everything is depends on how good the song is. Therefore, there will be ups and downs.

I don't worry too much because they have solid fanbase in Korea.

• Playlisting doesn't have that much of an impact on daily filtered streams. Magnetic only jumped up by 57K streams the next day after being added to TTH.

The payola is not only playlisting but autoplay, keep up

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It's been a thing only kpop know sht about it, it's been abused by certain kpop company though

• Starship/Kakao don't want to give money to Spotify.

• I don’t use Spotify anymore since years because I would get the same songs in auto-play, even tho they were completely different genres that I would always listen to.

L'amor che move il sole e l'altre stelle (Paradiso, XXXIII, v. 145)
    ---
    Divina Commedia - Dante Alighieri

• I think this group has zero chemistry.

If you're talking about live performances, yes they're bad. As bad as LSRFM vocals are, that's how bad Ive's dancing/performances are.

But if you're talking interpersonal chemistry, you just havent watched enough of their fanservice content. Theyve gotten a lot more entertaining and comfortable with each other on camera. While LSRFM is full of crackheads, Ive is more about dry humor, both are great tbh.

• This thread contains 38 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!