The problem with Kpop companies and groups who cant sing well

• I dont have a problem with groups who can't sing well, i stan two group wich their members are not great singers, some members at best are average. To me is like with bad actors. Im a big fan of Van Damme, i know is a bad actor but i dont care about that, i still enjoy their movies.
    My problem is when Hybe, JYP, or YG call something live when is not, and later i have my litte cousin thinking a performance is live and defending it like it was really live. The problem to me is when a company wants to treat me like an idiot and sell me something fake. I dont know about you, but i dont want a company selling something fake, in this case is harmless, but in other context a company lying can be damaging. Imagine a food company or a health company lying about their product. So this is the real problem. What you think?

• I dont have a problem with groups who can't sing well, i stan two group wich their members are not great singers, some members at best are average. To me is like with bad actors. Im a big fan of Van Damme, i know is a bad actor but i dont care about that, i still enjoy their movies..
    My problem is when Hybe, JYP, or YG call something live when is not, and later i have my litte cousin thinking a performance is live and defending it like it was really live. The problem to me is when a company wants to treat me like an idiot and sell me something fake. I dont know about you, but i dont want a company selling something fake, in this case is harmless, but in other context a company lying can be damaging. Imagine a food company or a health company lying about their product. So this is the real problem. What you think?

I think you should stress less about it. Like you said, it's harmless in this case.

This is all supposed to be entertainment. Everything is staged and faked to some degree. Their entire persona is just what they choose to show us. They all wear make up or have plastic surgery. Singers can use backtracks. Bad dancing can be covered by camera angles and smart choreo.

Just enjoy what you enjoy and don't worry too much about these kind of things. There are so many other important things in life that you should channel your real energy and emotion to.

• I think you should stress less about it. Like you said, it's harmless in this case.

This is all supposed to be entertainment. Everything is staged and faked to some degree. Their entire persona is just what they choose to show us. They all wear make up or have plastic surgery. Singers can use backtracks. Bad dancing can be covered by camera angles and smart choreo.

Just enjoy what you enjoy and don't worry too much about these kind of things. There are so many other important things in life that you should channel your real energy and emotion to.

Mmm, i dont think letting companies lying to us is a good idea. If history taught us anything, is this things never end well.
    Btw, A can worry about many thing at the same time and to different levels. Humans can do this.

• Lip sync and loud backtrack has been a thing in K-pop since forever. K-pop stans BEEN eating fake up, they already can't differentiate live performances. So much so that they think this problem is with only groups "who can't sing well."

:skull:

[new signature coming soon but in the meantime, read the facts below]

• Idol life never meant to be realistic after all.

Especially into Kpop where dating could be associated as 'scandal' (FR?)

They promote idols as someone who is perfect and well loved by audiences.

• Nothing new, is there? The LSF controversy will now only enforce it when it comes to singing raw, but the K-pop community has always been duped by the industry for a long time. Ever wonder why backtracks, AR, lip sync, and other techniques are used by 99% of the industry today? K-pop singers are not gods; in any case, nobody expected them to be flawless vocalists.

:pepe-pray:

largest-black-hole-ever-discovered-and-our-solar-system-v0-7f2732pvic8d1.jpeg?auto=webp&s=e8d9cc542df13a70453229571ef06c9b5942271a:meme-bonk:   :rolleyes:X/:facepalm: :meme-hiss:

Edited once, last by Wateris ().

• in that case just enjoy the lipsyncing or loud backtracking for what it is

and for the kpop companies? that's their job to con(vince) fans to part with their money and time and energy - parasocial relationship and all that

• If you want a 100% authentic experience, I don't know if K-Pop is the hobby for you. Selling a fantasy is kind of a huge part of the idol experience.

• I dont have a problem with groups who can't sing well, i stan two group wich their members are not great singers, some members at best are average. To me is like with bad actors. Im a big fan of Van Damme, i know is a bad actor but i dont care about that, i still enjoy their movies.

You are right that there are omissions and even outright lies that are mostly harmless and other types of lies that are very harmful. The issue I see is with your conclusion that if some lies are harmful, then the potential is always there and thus all lies are a problem in the end. They're not all the same. Parents are lying to their kids when they use Santa as a mechanism to get them to behave before Christmas. Sure it falls under "manipulative", but is it harmful? Now tobacco companies trying to convince the public that smoking was good for you even though they knew it caused cancer? Evil.

Bottom line, you can and should know what you are consuming. But I don't think kpop passing of live AR with back track or even outright lip syching falls under "evil". And like you, your little cousin will grow up to realize a lot of things like 1) Santa Claus bringing gifts isn't real 2) government lobbyists are mostly shills and 3) the entertainment industry is selling a fantasy so you can be entertained. Because that's what entertainment is. Whether it's a book, a play, a ballet, hell even the gladiators in the Colosseum, it's a souped up scene, packaged up for the masses to consume and entertain themselves with.

• The only problem with your opinion is that.....

You won't get into any of those companies if you can't at least sing or rap because you won't qualify as a Trainee.

So the problem boils down to, how Idols are expected to sing...

For females Idols, this is mostly in a high note.

During Queendom, Mamamoo picked AOA as the contestant to cover, problem is, AOA sing in a high note and Mamamoo don't, so Mamamoo struggled to reach the notes that AOA's songs were sung in. EXID's Hani said something similar on Masked Singer where she gave an example of how she prefers to sing versus how she was expected to sing for EXID's songs.

A good example for TWICE is Momo, as the notes are high in TWICE's Title tracks, she does tend to strain but she is perfectly fine in MiSaMo that has notes that suit her. Of course Momo actually has a big vocal range at least based on her screaming :P

Anyway, the whole Idol thing is selling an image that is fake, unlike a Concept which changes, it is an industry where their consumers expect certain traits from the Idols. And it's mainly Visuals, Virginity and Youth.

• You are right that there are omissions and even outright lies that are mostly harmless and other types of lies that are very harmful. The issue I see is with your conclusion that if some lies are harmful, then the potential is always there and thus all lies are a problem in the end. They're not all the same. Parents are lying to their kids when they use Santa as a mechanism to get them to behave before Christmas. Sure it falls under "manipulative", but is it harmful? Now tobacco companies trying to convince the public that smoking was good for you even though they knew it caused cancer? Evil.

Bottom line, you can and should know what you are consuming. But I don't think kpop passing of live AR with back track or even outright lip syching falls under "evil". And like you, your little cousin will grow up to realize a lot of things like 1) Santa Claus bringing gifts isn't real 2) government lobbyists are mostly shills and 3) the entertainment industry is selling a fantasy so you can be entertained. Because that's what entertainment is. Whether it's a book, a play, a ballet, hell even the gladiators in the Colosseum, it's a souped up scene, packaged up for the masses to consume and entertain themselves with.

I think the problem is in letting a company lie to us. Because companies wouldn't stop just there. Btw, lying about live singing looks harmless, but what happen if the company, knowing their idols don't have to be good singers, that they can just make things work Post-production, decide stop giving then vocal lessons. Is not that bad for the idols? the people we supposedly really care about? Another harmful lie. The diets, we see idols eating like a normal person but i only see a lot of skinny people. For what i saw about what other idols said, that diets are very strict, i dont want to imagine the impact taht will have in their bodies when they get older.
    About the Santa comparison. Ves, parents care about us, really care. For companies we are only customers, and idols are employees, who treat better according to the money they make, more money better treatment. Is a bad idea to give them the power to lie to us so easily.

• I think the problem is in letting a company lying to us. Because companies wouldn't stop just there. Btw, lying about live singing looks not harmful, but what happen if the company, knowing their idols dont have to be good singers, that they can just make things work Post-production, then they just stop giving then vocal lessons. Is not that bad for the idols? the people we supposedly really care about? Another harmful lies. The diets, we see idols eating like a normal person but i only see a lot of skinny people. For what i saw about what other idols said, that diets are very strict, i dont want to imagine the impact taht will have in their bodies when they get older.
    About the Santa comparison. Ves, parents care about us, really care. For companies we are only customers, and idols are employees, who treat better according to the money they make, more money better treatment. Is a bad idea giving the power to lying to us so easily.

My overall point was that you have to pick your battles. Sure I agree with you the the fantasy they sell can be detrimental, but I still don't agree that it's on the level of evil as say Phillip Morris. Is it greedy though? Hell yes.

I decided to spend my energy taking a stand in other places that I feel have more reward for my personal interests. I'm one of those annoyingly optimistic people always looking for the bright side. You can rail against KPOP selling a fantasy - I accept that the entire entertainment industry sells a fantasy and actively welcome KPOP's fantasy so that we get better Asian representation in the entertainment industry. It's a trade-off, but I feel their sins so far do not outweigh the good it can bring.

• My overall point was that you have to pick your battles. Sure I agree with you the the fantasy they sell can be detrimental, but I still don't agree that it's on the level of evil as say Phillip Morris. Is it greedy though? Hell yes.

I decided to spend my energy taking a stand in other places that I feel have more reward for my personal interests. I'm one of those annoyingly optimistic people always looking for the bright side. You can rail against KPOP selling a fantasy - I accept that the entire entertainment industry sells a fantasy and actively welcome KPOP's fantasy so that we get better Asian representation in the entertainment industry. It's a trade-off, but I feel their sins so far do not outweigh the good it can bring.

Honestly, I think selling addictive death sticks for years while lying about them being perfectly healthy is just as evil as making dance music.

It makes me move uncontrollably, please make it stop :dancer-pepe::twerkingpepe:

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!