what is really lacking (other than good music) with NMIXX and BabyMonster

• both are among the current MOST TALENTED active promoting group yet none of them manage to caught the gp attention (i know BM chart on TOP 30 Melon but it isnt really an impressive charting position yet).. what is really hindering them from achieving the same success like top gg (GIDLE, IVE, ILLIT)..

P/S - Good music is not an acceptable answer because theres no way thats the only thing that preventing them… plenty successful group with a non-gp friendly song also manage to chart on the top

• With BM maybe its because they are trying to hard to make them the next BP instead of giving them their own concept. BP is a once in a lifetime concept, like BTS and others need their own concepts to build on. Something that works on their strengths.

:send-love-bunny:

• They don't have any hype. BM may have got some back with the "re-debut," but NMIXX has none.

KPop is so momentum/trend based and these two groups both started off slow. It's hard to get it moving again. Like I think Dash was a good title and would've been a hit with a top GG, but because NMIXX isn't big, the GP didn't really pay attention.

• Baemon is starting to get traction and they are starting to trend more in Korea,so I wouldn't think they are lacking much other than promo. That was the main issue.

It's very impressive to me from not being able to chart melon top 100 to now being in the top 30.

Some groups take longer to achieve certain records than others. Keep in mind their rollout with batter was extremely bad so getting certain achievements won't work for everyone, but the fact they they are charting better now mostly because people are giving them a chance for their skills and talent for me, ( despite releasing a song that's not for everyone) it's pretty impressive.

I actually prefer this way so their success is not instant success but it is more gradually.

• I feel like with nmixx (and alot of 4th gen groups), personality. I feel like they all seem really nice but... they feel like they've had so much social media training they all seem very bland and samey. I see alot of them going viral for looks, or dancing or vocals so they seem more like products than people which is wild to say but none really go viral for personality or just being weird or funny or even a meme that you just can't help but relate to. I feel like previous gens were never really scared to make a fool of themselves (literally Daesung always has my heart for this very reason). The change from promoting on TV to making your own content also added to this, the companies are too scared to do anything too out there and ruin an image. Remember EXID's Hani just sleeping literally everywhere? or Key the clown? or Hyungwon and the Starbucks cup? One I remember that got me into Itzy is strawberry Lia. The list is literally endless but I haven't really seen any from 4th gen.

Every group always had at least 1 member that was completely unhinged and would just make you laugh (mostly a meme or clip would go viral on stan twitter) so even if you didn't vibe with a groups latest CB or song, you'd still check out their CB content and may end up liking the song later but if not you were at least invested enough in their personalities that you'd check out future releases and by semi hyped for a CB.

• With BM maybe its because they are trying to hard to make them the next BP instead of giving them their own concept. BP is a once in a lifetime concept, like BTS and others need their own concepts to build on. Something that works on their strengths.

:send-love-bunny:

"once in a lifetime concept". 2NE1?.....

• A group's success is determined by a range of factors, including its members, stage presence, choreography, music, concepts, personalities (on camera), star factor, visuals, companies, and promotion. Why are Illit, IVE, and Gidle popular? Are we going to say it merely because of their music? the answer is no, either.

:pepe-notes:

X/?(:rolleyes:

;judgingpepe:

Edited 4 times, last by Wateris ().

• Good music is everything. You have to be well established to start charting noise, you can't just do right out the gate

I feel like with nmixx (and alot of 4th gen groups), personality. I feel like they all seem really nice but... they feel like they've had so much social media training they all seem very bland and samey. I see alot of them going viral for looks, or dancing or vocals so they seem more like products than people which is wild to say but none really go viral for personality or just being weird or funny or even a meme that you just can't help but relate to. . The list is literally endless but I haven't really seen any from 4th gen.

Every group always had at least 1 member that was completely unhinged and would just make you laugh (mostly a meme or clip would go viral on stan twitter)

...did you forget about Lily? :pepewhat:

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• I feel like with nmixx (and alot of 4th gen groups), personality.

You lost me there lol, i am assuming you have never seen anything related to their variety content

To OP:

Lack of or just poor creative direction + jarring title track choices followed by weak promotions

The members are hard carrying the groups with talent/charisma in both cases

• Good music is everything. You have to be well established to start charting noise, you can't just do right out the gate

...did you forget about Lily? :pepewhat:

No, I've just never seen anything about her apart from 'OMG her voice is insane'. I actually like their music but I've never seen anything apart from their looks or singing skills blowing up. Happy for you to add links to prove your point tho :pepe-shrug:

• Your right I haven't, but my point is, for previous gens I never needed to seek that kind of content out, it would just suddenly blow up and be everywhere for a couple days and get randomly posted every now and again. I've never had that with Nmixx or anyother 4th gen apart from wonyoung eating pizza.

• No, I've just never seen anything about her apart from 'OMG her voice is insane'. I actually like their music but I've never seen anything apart from their looks or singing skills blowing up. Happy for you to add links to prove your point tho :pepe-shrug:

I know 3 things about Nmixx.

1. They can sing.

2. Sullyoon is gorgeous

3. Lily is insane

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• Nmixx, it is the members, they are lackluster. Their strongest asset is SullYoon, but somehow she falls behind WY, Chaewon, Sakura, Hanni, Kazuha, I can keep going. You can’t only be a visual, you need stage presence and charisma.

Lilly has her own fandom within Nmixx, excellent vocals, but she lacks everything else.

Jinni was supposed to be the center but it didn’t work out for her and then she ended up leaving to become a nugu solo artist.

I am sure if BP had released O.O using their style, you all would’ve ate it.

BM though, it is too soon? They already have the views, the fandom, and Ahyeon. Buuuuuuuuuut without Teddy composing bops, I am not sure if I see a future for them.

Too many members doesnt help with international fans, which is the only metric they are doing well at.

Oh well, both groups will be fine all things considered. They sell a massive amount, they have a stable somehow loyal fandom. And a consistent 7 year career in the music industry, which is already hard to accomplish if you see the big picture.

Not everyone can be IVE, LSFM, NJ, Twice, BP, those type of groups are at another level, where everything aligns perfectly.

• Your right I haven't, but my point is, for previous gens I never needed to seek that kind of content out, it would just suddenly blow up and be everywhere for a couple days and get randomly posted every now and again. I've never had that with Nmixx or anyother 4th gen apart from wonyoung eating pizza.

I see where youre coming from but its definitely not because the girls lack personality; haewon is really popular for her quirky personality among koreans same goes for lily with international fans and if you watch their variety bae/jiwoo/kyujin are equally fun, sullyoon is the only one who is kinda shy.

What they lack is appropriate promos, idk what goes in Div4 mind but they suck at promos - they didnt push Sullyoon when she was going viral for her visuals, they made sullyoon MC when haewon was going viral for her MC guest appearance, non-fans barely know about Lily's individual show even tho it has so much potential to go more popular with international fans like chans room, kyujin (esp)/jiwoo combo or solo can benefit from dance covers like yeji/ryujin but they dont even try and even with recent rise in interest in vocals there is no interest from NMIXX's team to bank on it lol.

The only thing they do during comeback is standard music shows, radio show then their own youtube variety and youtube/insta lives which i dont think is enough in this cut throat GG era to bring in casual attention.

• Babymonster looks like is raising. I believe is matter of time for them to be in the top spots. Why are not there yet? I think YG sound doesnt work that well without Teddy. Other than that, they have everything to become big.

About Nmixx, i think have to be mostly with JYP incompetence.

About the girls, the only "problem" is that they are not that pretty, they are very nice ladies for sure, but i believe the other groups on top have prettier idols, and in kpop this aspect matters a lot, but i think is not the big issue.

The bigger problem is JYP. JYP cant make very popular music for girlgroups anymore. When others groups with good quality and good sound began to appear in the scene JYP just couldnt compete on top anymore. Twice start to lose relevance to other groups, ofc they have a big strong fandom so the hit was not that strong. That was not the case with Itzy, once a very popular group, now they just keep losing and losing relevance. JYP really fucked up with ITzy.
    Now Nmixx. See, i believe JYP thought the mix concept it was going to hit hard. I mean, you look the MV for 0.0 and you can see they spend alot of money in that MV, not other JYP group have this budget for their debut. No other nmixx MV have this visual quality, JYP artistic direction didnt have the talent to pull a concept like this, they are not SM. Other mistake is the lack of a distintive sound and a strong concept. Yes, they mix different musical genres, but what is their sound, their concept? Dark, elegant, girlcrush, etc? they make 0.0 but later they make Dumb, young stupid and then Cool. Is so different that they feel like a different group sometimes.
    The good news, looks like JYP is learning from their mistakes, the last album was really nice. The change in the songs are not that jarring. I believe if they keep that route they can bring more fans. Maybe they never will be on top with the other groups, but i believe they can be more popular. Now, they have to leave aside this thing of Kpop, the choreo thing. They have to act full live, make it a easy choreo and when one member is singing the others dance and they go like that. Their biggest assest is their voices. That with a live band and they will impress more people for sure. Too bad JYP is a damn cheap company.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!