5th gen is coming! They will end 4th gen careers

• New blood of kpop is knocking on our doors: KISS OF LIFE, YOUNG POSSE, XG, CANDY SHOP... without big-4 privilege they should make extra efforts to achieve public attention. Skilful, extremely talented, goal-oriented idols with original concept and non-cliche sound. Previously I denied that 5th gen exist, but now I have changed my mind.

I don't want to shade anybody, you can compare for yourself: singing, rapping, choreos, music production... they are more trained, more ambitious, they are just better compared predecessors in all fields.

Of course, there will be a transition period, 4th gen will try to keep the doors closed, but after all, nobody will stop the new 5th gen from taking what belongs to them

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be

• I keep asking

who is saying we are in the 5th gen?

I mean are the Kmedia referring to it as 5th generation already? cos that's the only source that dictates what generation we're in no?

• NJ, Lsf and Aespa are safe for now. But other 4th gen groups were already losing momentum globally, and given how quickly Illit just leapfrogged over all the other 4th gen groups to get into 2nd place globally, the other groups are over.

• I see a sneak on here lol. How in Sam Hill is XG a 5th gen group when they debuted before LSRFM and New Jeans? :pepefacepalm:

let me clarify: it's not about timeline only. 5th gen is the new wave that is coming from non-big-4 entertainments, with different approaches and a desperate energy.

I keep asking

who is saying we are in the 5th gen?

I mean are the Kmedia referring to it as 5th generation already? cos that's the only source that dictates what generation we're in no?

I kept asked myself too before I realized

• NJ, Lsf and Aespa are safe for now. But other 4th gen groups were already losing momentum globally, and given how quickly Illit just leapfrogged over all the other 4th gen groups to get into 2nd place globally, the other groups are over.

nj, lsfrm are safe, agree. Not sure about aespa

• 🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️YOUNG POSSE MENTIONED 🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢WHAT ON EARTH IS A BORING CONCEPT? 💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🧨🧨🧨🧨🧨🧨🧨🧨🧨🧨🧨🧨🧨 YOUNG BUT SPICY 🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️NO MORE QUARANTIN' FINALLY 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀 MACARONI CHEESE, LIKE A MACARONI CHEESE 🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀 I'M ABOUT TO DO IT X-X-L 🚛🚛🚛🚛🚛🚛🚛🚛🚛🚛🚛🚛🚛🚛🚛🚛🚛🚛🚛🚛⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️ ⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️ EXTRA EXTRA DOUBLE EXTRA LARGE ⚠️ ⚠️⚠️⚠️ ⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️ YOUNG POSSE ⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。 I just wanna continue my pace ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。

• let me clarify: it's not about timeline only. 5th gen is the new wave that is coming from non-big-4 entertainments, with different approaches and a desperate energy.

I kept asked myself too before I realized

I do think the 5th gen is coming soon either this later year or next

I base this on the fact that early 4th gen groups like SKZ or Gidle aare currently in their sixth year and contract renewals are coming up next year

• It means "to end"

But... I've never seen any kpop idols or groups actually end in the way people who use ended seem to imply.

BlAcKpInK eNdEd TwIcE!!!!111!11!

Twice still touring and releasing music and maintaining a popular, active fandom and making bank.

So... they weren't ended.

• ranking 5th gen girl group debuts on a scale of 1-10!

(Just that poster opinion, I do not agree with the ranking)

External Content twitter.com

• This is so weird...

She give's them scores out of 10, but the scores out of 10 and ranking in the top 10 don't align.

Like Batter Up is 4/10 but ranks higher than Magnetic, that got 8.5?

• pretty good playlist!

anyways my favorite 5t gen so far are kiss of life and baemon

I see you have taste

• ILLIT definitely did ended any 5th gen debuts so far.

"No one has done what I have done during the 30 years in K-pop" - Min Hee-Jin

:meme-what:

Kpop world is a total mess because of greed and ego right now

:meme-bonk:

• Everybody got so much ego. Why are you guys so focused on ending careers and shoving people out the way? There’s something for everyone. Not sure what’s up with this scarcity mindset when there are niches within a niche when it comes to K-pop.

Im pretty sure ____ ended ____ is just a meme at this point, nothing serious

• A different ranking.

Part 1

• Part 2

KISS OF LIFE - Shhh

• I do see that nobody is liking Mac and cheese.

Both rankings that I have seen have that song last.

• BTW.

When Generations collide

#BELLE / #JINHYEONJU of #cignature & now also #UNIS has made her 3rd debut and joins the #LOONA members as one of the very few idols to be considered 3rd, 4th & 5th gen idols!!!

Good Day debuted in 2017

Cignature in 2020

Unis in 2024

• Every year it the same... kpop fans claiming their new groups are so "extremely talented" with "original concepts", "they are so much better". zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• I do think the 5th gen is coming soon either this later year or next

I base this on the fact that early 4th gen groups like SKZ or Gidle aare currently in their sixth year and contract renewals are coming up next year

Can't believe how fast time goes. I think both groups will renew as they still have a lot of momentum and are still growing. 3rd gen was very dominant when they started and remained so for most of the time they were active. Only very recently it feels like 4th gen is truly taking over.

With 2nd to 3rd gen that transition was faster.

• For me, the most anticipated girl group is WiTCHX.

Leader!

Main vocalist and main rapper!

External Content x.com

My new harmonizing Queens. 😍

MARI 마리 on Instagram: "How do we rewrite the stars? ✨"
    758 likes, 22 comments - witchx_mari on February 24, 2024: "How do we rewrite the stars? ✨"
    www.instagram.com

• They better hurry up and debut, they already missed being a 4th Gen group, if they keep delaying, they may become a 6th Gen group.

• I though those generations had at least 7 years between each other

2nd gen 2003-2010

3rd gen 2011-2018

4th gen 2019-2026

or something

the competition is too strong for the fourth one which is why companies are creating their own generations to break their own record

• New blood of kpop is knocking on our doors: KISS OF LIFE, YOUNG POSSE, XG, CANDY SHOP... without big-4 privilege they should make extra efforts to achieve public attention. Skilful, extremely talented, goal-oriented idols with original concept and non-cliche sound. Previously I denied that 5th gen exist, but now I have changed my mind.

I don't want to shade anybody, you can compare for yourself: singing, rapping, choreos, music production... they are more trained, more ambitious, they are just better compared predecessors in all fields.

First XG isn't even kpop, and if they would, they would be 4th gen.

I would agree cause for the rest, I really enjoy their music because they bring something fresh to the table. I feel like 5th gen is better because they acc got talent and companies aren't (no hate)

• There is no standard, and no agreement, companies just media play.

1 source

1st; From 1996 to 2004 = 9 years

2nd; From 2005 to 2012 = 8 years

3rd; From 2013 to 2019 = 7 years

4th; From 2019 to present = maybe 6 years.

2nd source

1st; 1990's to 2006 = Many years

2nd; 2007 to 2011 = 5 years

3rd; 2012 to 2017 = 6 years

4th; 2018 to ???? = 5 or 6 years

3rd source

1st; 1996 - 2004 = 9 years

2nd; 2005 - 2011 = 7 years

3rd; 2012 - 2017 = 6 years

4th; 2018 - Present = ????

4th source

1ST GEN KPOP (1990s – 2004)- Many years

2ND GEN KPOP (2005 – 2011) – 7 years

3RD GEN KPOP (2012 – 2017) – 6 years

4TH GEN KPOP (2018 – 2022) – 5 years

5TH GEN KPOP (2023 – PRESENT) – New Era

5th source part 3

1st; 1992 - 2000 = 9 years

2nd; 2001 - 2011 = 11 years

3rd; 2012-2018/2019 = 7/8 years

4th; 2018/2019 - Present = ????

"Some say Generation Five is already here, with new groups such as NewJeans, ZEROBASEONE, and BoyNextDoor bringing a happier and more nostalgic sound. Others say K-pop is in a transition phase"

• BabyMonster might be the only gg that could challenge NJ long term.

The Illit girls seem to be doing ok.

• 5th generation is here, don't fight it.

• Can't believe how fast time goes. I think both groups will renew as they still have a lot of momentum and are still growing. 3rd gen was very dominant when they started and remained so for most of the time they were active. Only very recently it feels like 4th gen is truly taking over.

With 2nd to 3rd gen that transition was faster.

I do believe history and precedent are not on their side - especially for GG

but it seems at least some of the larger 3rd gen GG - Twice, BP , RV??? have so maybe it's changing

SKZ I think they might given what I've read

• I do believe history and precedent are not on their side - especially for GG

but it seems at least some of the larger 3rd gen GG - Twice, BP , RV??? have so maybe it's changing

SKZ I think they might given what I've read

I think definitely Stray Kids will be fine. They have huge stan attractors that have fierce loyalty towards them. They still seem to be growing too.

As for Idle, they're a gg but they have some things in their favor that make them likelier to stand the test of the time than many other ggs:

They are not a cute group, so they don't rely on a certain set of male fans that unstan once the girls hit their mid twenties.

They are far more involved in the creation of songs process than most other ggs.

Of course, it's not set in stone, but I think these two groups have momentum and things that will help them pass the 7 year mark.

• This thread contains 5 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!