How do you feel about kpop stans who choose not to date real life people, because they are "loyal" to their idol?

• I noticed male idols usually encourage this behavior the most, of wanting their female fans to stay single for them.

This isn't my first time seeing things about this in kpop, but my most recent one is with Yuma from &TEAM.

I watched his recent Live and basically a fan said to him how she don't want to get a boyfriend because she love him so much and he has her heart.

And Yuma was just like "there's not much I can do about that"...like saying he can't help that she love him so much, basically as if he was flattered by it.

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Another one with Jungwon from Enhypen.
    This one is more so a idol telling her not to date and just stay on Weverse all day watching him....basically encouraging the behavior.

Alot of fans in the comments were saying things like "if Jungwon tell me not to go on a date or to break up with my boyfriend, I will" and "I have no problem staying home and being on Weverse all day etc".

Screenshot_20240320_003428_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited 4 times, last by usagi-kua ().

• at the end of the day the product being touted by kpop companies is the idols themselves...

and if certain fans cannot control themselves and their delusions well the question is - is that then on the idol (or the company) to do something about it or the fan themselves???

• Loser behavior. These types of fans need to go join a knitting club or take up swimming. Anything, really. Anything that gets them out into the real world.

• Oh brother... nobody wants these weirdos anyway. They'd be doing the world a favor not traumatizing future children with their mentally ill ways

Oh my baby sweet like bubble gum!

16a5ad82f46a76cf3cdeb18fe28d7be0a6d0a66f.gifv

• It's really icky if there are actually idols encouraging that sort of delusional behavior, especially since you know they're probably not going to stay single themselves. But even if they do, they're only going to make things worse for the idols who don't and never promised they would, as they're going to be influencing their fandom on a larger level and not just whichever individuals they say this crap to. Then everyone will be parasocial out the wazoo.

• They obviously have issues, but they're not hurting anyone. It feels wrong to look down on them or mock them for it. There's obviously something missing or wrong in their lives.

If you have no problem with the folks participating in fanwars but you judge these people, your priorities are messed up.

I agree with not ridiculing or mocking them, but they are hurting themselves in the long run.

It's not healthy to have that kind of one-sided obsessive behaviour.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!