Do you think baemon is gonna disband after a few songs?

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This is higher than what Gidle and Ive had for last Korean song. Groups which already have had 2 and 6 years of promotions.

So no.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This is higher than what Gidle and Ive had for last Korean song. Groups which already have had 2 and 6 years of promotions.

So no.

This lacks context of Baemon’s debut. IVE and G-idle are established groups, with fanbases and 90% of the kpop community knows what type of music they produce and whether they are a fan.

Baemon was legit a wild card, BP little sister group, and a big 3 debut (which matters alot to international fans still). Ofcourse their 1st day streams are gonna be CRAZY. All of kpop is trying to learn what they will produce.

But like me (and many others) listened to the song, and rightfully critiqued it as subpar.

To gauge actually popularity, longevity would be a more important indicator, not 1st day streams, especially for a new debut that is gonna get attention from everyone in kpop.

BM had decent longevity. Gidle's and ive's last Korean releases in Spotify Global both tanked.

So no.

Non determinant, lot of people tuned in and had curiosity about what music 2ne1 3.0 would have after 2ne1 2.0 was so big and popular on spotify, so these numbers don't reflect their actual power and potential, stuck in the middle barely has 6M streams on spotify while gaining 2 million of views daily on youtube thanks to ads. YG is on big trouble.

• The Disney song was a Pre-Release.

If their title track in 5 weeks time does about the same as the disney pre-release, then they are done.

If it does the same as Batter Up, then they are definitely in the top 4 of all 4th and 5th gen groups.

• If it does the same as Batter Up, then they are definitely in the top 4 of all 4th and 5th gen groups.

nonexistent charting in Korea makes them a Top 4 4th and 5th gen group :pepe-clown-gear:

And if you mean internationally, then they will be one of the few (if not the 1st) GG to have zero impact in korea, but popularity abroad. It’s something BGs do often, but i can’t remember a single GG, that pulled that off. So sorry for being skeptical of BaeMon’s ability to do so.

• nonexistent charting in Korea makes them a Top 4 4th and 5th gen group :pepe-clown-gear:

And if you mean internationally, then they will be one of the few (if not the 1st) GG to have zero impact in korea, but popularity abroad. It’s something BGs do often, but i can’t remember a single GG, that pulled that off. So sorry for being skeptical of BaeMon’s ability to do so.

Twice.

The world has changed since the success of groups like bts, bp and twice globally. Case in point is that twice and stray kids do not chart now in Korea, yet are doing massive tours overseas. For all these groups, Korea only contributes around 2-3% of their total revenue. Success in Korea and the Korean charts is now irrelevant.

• Twice.

The world has changed since the success of groups like bts, bp and twice globally. Case in point is that twice and stray kids do not chart now in Korea, yet are doing massive tours overseas. For all these groups, Korea only contributes around 2-3% of their total revenue. Success in Korea and the Korean charts is now irrelevant.

Twice was a charting monster for years. Please find another example. The fact that they still do well, is because the built a loyal fanbase all around the world, but also in SK. Regardless of current charting or not.,

and im not arguing that SK market can be irrelevant, BG do it all the time. Im saying GGs don't. They always do well in SK and also internationally. I dont think a GG has ever followed the BG path or being irrelevant in SK while still doing great internationally.

Edited once, last by Kouss ().

• nonexistent charting in Korea makes them a Top 4 4th and 5th gen group :pepe-clown-gear:

What's the difference between impact and popularity in K-Pop?

• I think they do fine. AKP is just overly negative about them

A YG girl group can't even sniff the top 100 of any Korean charts. I can't with you making this about AKP and not the fact Korea has shown zero signs of giving a crap about this group so far.

In a vacuum, every group starts somewhere and have to work their way up, but not YG girl groups.

The bar was set really high by 2NE1 and BP, and BM out here treating the bar like they're in the final round of a competitive game of limbo

• What's the difference between impact and popularity in K-Pop?

i said

GG to have zero impact in korea

but popularity abroad.

SKz has popularity in kpop, due to international fans and appeal while SK pays them dust. That is popularity in kpop. Impact in korea, is charting.

I'd love to see examples of this not being the case, but almost every GG, who has popularity intentionally, also has good charting (compared to BGs) in SK. I don't believe there is a GG, who like a group like Ateez or Stray kids, can be immensely profitable and popular, but doesn't chart at all.

My argument is, to the time being, Baemon has shown international popularity, but EVEN with being BP's little sister group, they have, one of the most abysmal charting debuts or a Big 3, besides maybe NMixx (who everyone rightfully called a huge flop at the time and released EXTREMELY experimental music). But for some reason, when it come to Baemon (who released a Girl Crush track everyone expected), people don't wanna call a spade a spade.

Is it possible, Baemon will go on to sell millions, while not charting at all in SK? Yes, because many BGs do it, but its been an exclusively BG thing for almost 2 generations now and i'm sorry, i don't have confidence that Baemon would be the 1st GG, to follow the BG route to popularity.

Edited 2 times, last by Kouss ().

• Baemon was legit a wild card, BP little sister group, and a big 3 debut (which matters alot to international fans still).

I agree it still means something, but not nearly as much as it used to.

There seem to be lots of general Kpop fans or girl group only fans who favor and hype groups from smaller companies.

Also, YG is hated by a lot of people, including perhaps most of all by people who already stanned a YG group. I think 'BP little sister' would have meant more if BP is not half on their way out after long contract negotiations and YG being very much disliked by many Blinks.

• If they burn all of blackpink remaining tour money before they can make the group profitable with tours those girls will go on hiatus longer than blackpink. The only reason blackpink was profitable was because they dominated the brand deals sector and had big tours later on, the amount of money yg had to expend the color color group made a comeback was insane.

With babymonster yg has probably burn by now with pre debut and debut promotions like $15M to $20M without earning a thing from it, and they will just not dominate the brand deals sector now with the huge competition. I'm actually curious how yg will get out of this situation.

• With babymonster yg has probably burn by now with pre debut and debut promotions like $15M to $20M without earning a thing from it, and they will just not dominate the brand deals sector now with the huge competition. I'm actually curious how yg will get out of this situation.

Good point.

There are lots of groups doing brand deal now and I think big brands are looking for the most famous popular groups (or even just rookie monsters), which BM aren't.

• If they burn all of blackpink remaining tour money before they can make the group profitable with tours those girls will go on hiatus longer than blackpink. The only reason blackpink was profitable was because they dominated the brand deals sector and had big tours later on, the amount of money yg had to expend the color color group made a comeback was insane.

With babymonster yg has probably burn by now with pre debut and debut promotions like $15M to $20M without earning a thing from it, and they will just not dominate the brand deals sector now with the huge competition. I'm actually curious how yg will get out of this situation.

Do you have any idea how much BabyMonster earned from having their song "Batter Up" featured in the Pepsi commercial?

But all YG groups have double the hiatus periods of other groups in the industry, so promotions costs per year are the same as other groups.

YG have practically spent peanuts so far. The cost of the pre-debut Youtube series, 2 MVs, and a couple of stage and live versions. Youtube ads would have been paid by their real views.

So I'm really curious about their album in April. Do they go all out or its just what they did with Batter Up.

• Obviously no. The group is actually doing well but Yg didn't promote them yet. Once Ahyeon is back and Yg really pushing them, their popularity will be huge. They're the wild card that other big companies should be aware of.

• But all YG groups have double the hiatus periods of other groups in the industry, so promotions costs per year are the same as other groups.

YG have practically spent peanuts so far. The cost of the pre-debut Youtube series, 2 MVs, and a couple of stage and live versions. Youtube ads would have been paid by their real views.

So I'm really curious about their album in April. Do they go all out or its just what they did with Batter Up.

Peanuts? Babymonster debut mv was more expensive than normal ones for kpop groups, I also calculated all the ads yg expend on batter up to cost more than $4M, yg has been boosting their music videos views for their pre debut videos too. They need to get several billions of organic views to get those $4M back.

• I agree it still means something, but not nearly as much as it used to.

There seem to be lots of general Kpop fans or girl group only fans who favor and hype groups from smaller companies.

Also, YG is hated by a lot of people, including perhaps most of all by people who already stanned a YG group. I think 'BP little sister' would have meant more if BP is not half on their way out after long contract negotiations and YG being very much disliked by many Blinks.

Lots of blackjacks disliked BP for this very reason, that did not stop BP.

I do not know, we will see.

• This thread contains one more post that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!