Why is Ive struggling to sell a small arena on Mexico on the big year of 2024?

• Several sections closed and half of the tickets are left, I'm shocked and appalled to see this tbh, they are one of the biggest 4th gen groups with hit after hit after hit, at least until they recent era so it shouldn't be hard to sell this small arena in one of the most populated cities on the planet and one of regions that consume kpop the most outside asia.

GFVCOtxXAAAQVQ0.jpg

What's going on you guys? Maybe all those 100k unique listeners hits on a dying korean apps don't mean success on the big year of 2024? Shocking!

• i don't agree with their management trying to chase nj global success. i think they should just focus on kr and jp. i've had enough disney and collab songs tbh

• They overestimated demand, Mexico is not the USA.

It happens.

• well that concert is on end of june

and we are just in early february

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Is it possible

Can dives and tokkis unite against a common enemy??

Who's that enemy? :pepe-back-away:

i don't agree with their management trying to chase nj global success. i think they should just focus on kr and jp. i've had enough disney and collab songs tbh

They need to chase them a little internationally or they would lose a lot just like it happened to twice with blackpink, but they need to do it right. Also focusing on korea would be their worst error, look what happened to gidle after doing that, korea is not the market to fight for.

They overestimated demand, Mexico is not the USA.

It happens.

How come? Love dive, after like, i am where all huge hits they should have more demand than anyone.

• How come? Love dive, after like, i am where all huge hits they should have more demand than anyone.

Were they hits in Mexico / Latin America?

I am guessing they were not, I do not know.

• Who's that enemy? :pepe-back-away:

They need to chase them a little internationally or they would lose a lot just like it happened to twice with blackpink, but they need to do it right. Also focusing on korea would be their worst error, look what happened to gidle after doing that, korea is not the market to fight for.

How come? Love dive, after like, i am where all huge hits they should have more demand than anyone.

they could learn a bit from twice and just start off with jp if they really can't help with the global ambition. seems like they're trying to speedrun. it will probably backfire on them seeing the reaction to the disney song and the collab and those numbers you posted

• How come? Love dive, after like, i am where all huge hits they should have more demand than anyone.

That’s not how it works. Just because they have few hits doesn’t mean they’re relevant every where.

starship is delusional and thinks IVE are on new jeans level. they cannot sell out these arenas in countries where they are not as popular.

Did Nj have a world tour to make this statement. Like where’s the correlation.

• well that concert is on end of june

and we are just in early february

They are closing down sections to reduce capacity, so the demand is not be there.

But they can always open up the closed sections if demand does pick up later on.

• starship is delusional and thinks IVE are on new jeans level. they cannot sell out these arenas in countries where they are not as popular.

Link to New Jeans world tour attendance numbers?

• They are too busy trying to cross into Texas to worry about kpop.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Several sections closed and half of the tickets are left, I'm shocked and appalled to see this tbh, they are one of the biggest 4th gen groups with hit after hit after hit, at least until they recent era so it shouldn't be hard to sell this small arena in one of the most populated cities on the planet and one of regions that consume kpop the most outside asia.

GFVCOtxXAAAQVQ0.jpg

What's going on you guys? Maybe all those 100k unique listeners hits on a dying korean apps don't mean success on the big year of 2024? Shocking!

because Wony advertised pizza instead of burrito

• They have pulled out of Japan - didn't go to any award shows in Japan in Dec 23/Jan 24.

After All Night, most likely also not trying anything North America based for a while.

2nd full 24 hrs of tracking

External Content twitter.com

Day 2 and 3 are the 1st and 2nd full 24 hrs of tracking

• Ive sold 100k tickets in japan alone plus 90% of their tickets in us and sold out in australia, taiwan and in a couple of european countries as well. Not selling out in mexico is so irrelevant yall dont even know WONHO out of all kpop singers was #1 in a music chart there. Literally

Mexico is only relevant when yall can talk shit about ive. So i wont even waste my time with this attempt of trolling that is equivalent of trying to take a shit when theres nothing so you force it and nothing comes out except blood. Sorry

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Ive sold 100k tickets in japan alone plus 90% of their tickets in us and sold out in australia, taiwan and in a couple of european countries as well. Not selling out in mexico is so irrelevant yall dont even know WONHO out of all kpop singers was #1 in a music chart there. Literally

Mexico is only relevant when yall can talk shit about ive. So i wont even waste my time with this attempt of trolling that is equivalent of trying to take a shit when theres nothing so you force it and nothing comes out except blood. Sorry

So a ive stan thinks this concert flopping hard is not worth attention? Breaking news everyone :pepe-shoooketh:

NOW you can make a thread about double standards :pepe-tea:

Complex is over-rated, Ill go up higher and shine brighter than anyone else

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• Hold on I just checked their ticket sales and they already sold half of it when theres still 4 months left for the actual concert day?? Lmao ive antis are so desperate i swear yall are clowns

ryan-gosling-laughing.gif

External Content x.com

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Why is this important to YOU?

If you don't like IVE, why do you even care?

What satisfaction does this bring you?

Tbh no one, Ive actually my fave group from 4th gen so I wish this was newjeans case and not them but someone is obligated to do the thread.

The concert will happen in June btw so u can keep updating us how much they have sold so far lol

I'm sure it will sold out by the way

• Tbh no one, Ive actually my fave group from 4th gen so I wish this was newjeans case and not them but someone is obligated to do the thread.

I'm sure it will sold out by the way

Mind u these tickets must be expensive asf. I'm from brazil and ive tickets here are around $300-600 which is a lot for the average worker. 1 br currency is equivalent to 3,45 mx currency so i assume the price is even more expensive there. Around $1k. So the fact they already sold half of it 4 months ahead is actually mindblowing

JCsIq3Q.gif

• To be honest, I think tours for IVE, newjeans, le sserafim should initailly start will smaller venues because although they have streaming numbers, they are still young groups with unestablished core fandom. They have a lot of casual kpop fans. Like I absolutely love IVE, newjeans and LSRF’s songs but would

I pay for their concerts? Hmmm maybe LSRF because they are a beast at performing but thats still a maybe.

They need to give some more years to build a strong fandom before doing bigger venues.

Edit- I realised IVE’s capacity is ~8K. Thats a reasonable amount. I guess we need to give them time until the actual concert to know the actual numbers. I’m confident they will sold out. They have 4 months to go...

• Hold on I just checked their ticket sales and they already sold half of it when theres still 4 months left for the actual concert day?? Lmao ive antis are so desperate i swear yall are clowns

ryan-gosling-laughing.gif

External Content x.com

This is kpop thing I fear, everywhere else it is completely normal for tickets to slowly sell for months, but in kpop if tickets are not sold out in minutes it means someone is flopping lol

• Are they very heavily global in terms of promotion, album sales, fandom? could be a reason why. also is ive not a year old? I feel like time is passing by very fast

• Groups generally will do ~5-10k the first time depending on their metrics. If that is successful, they will double in capacity. etc. But this is dependent on continued growth.

When NJ start their tour, it will be interesting as they they may even go for 10k++. Its going to be tougher since there will be more groups touring, so people will be more selective. For example now if a city only has a kpop group once every 6 months, for example only say Twice and Ive go to that city in the entire year, kpop casuals will go to both concerts, but when there is a different group in that city every month, kpop casuals are not going to go to every single concert.

Thats why Ive were dominant globally early on, as Aespa had lost momentum and they were effectively the only 4th gen gg show in town for Eleven and Love Dive, but now there is more competition and Aespa has resurged, and it looks like the global kpop fans moved to supporting NJ and Lsf/Aespa.

Edited 5 times, last by K-PL ().

• This is kpop thing I fear, everywhere else it is completely normal for tickets to slowly sell for months, but in kpop if tickets are not sold out in minutes it means someone is flopping lol

Which is interesting bc Ive did sold out in minutes for example, in Korea and Taiwan lol. But kpop fans hold Ive in such a high standard that even when they already sold half of expensive tickets 4 months ahead of their concert in Mexico it's considered a flop. Lol I hope everyone commenting here keep the same energy for their faves cause I'm taking notes :pepe-notes:

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Which is interesting bc Ive did sold out in minutes for example, in Korea and Taiwan lol. But kpop fans hold Ive in such a high standard that even when they already sold half of expensive tickets 4 months ahead of their concert in Mexico it's considered a flop. Lol I hope everyone commenting here keep the same energy for their faves cause I'm taking notes :pepe-notes:

I am exol, be sure to praise and defend exo I did you solid one here!!! :pepe-notes: *handshake*

• This thread contains 142 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!