more songs = more streams?

• Instead of ranking artists based on total streams, here are the top20 most streamed kpop artists on Spotify in order of average streams per track:

Rank Artist Streams Tracks Average
    1 BTS 37,685,014,042 272 138,547,846
    14 Jimin 2,696,977,330 21 128,427,492
    19 V 2,130,155,843 18 118,341,991
    2 BLACKPINK 12,345,418,247 108 114,309,428
    8 NewJeans 3,606,402,284 32 112,700,071
    6 Jung Kook 4,600,663,909 45 102,236,976
    11 Suga/AgustD 3,040,149,404 40 76,003,735
    12 ENHYPEN 2,875,780,379 68 42,290,888
    7 TOMORROW X TOGETHER 3,917,928,339 96 40,811,754
    13 (G)I-DLE 2,875,780,379 80 35,947,255
    3 TWICE 7,715,318,783 246 31,363,084
    5 SEVENTEEN 4,820,675,726 176 27,390,203
    4 Stray Kids 6,637,119,267 256 25,926,247
    17 ITZY 2,377,632,894 99 24,016,494
    10 Red Velvet 3,148,385,659 150 20,989,238
    18 NCT DREAM 2,275,574,460 114 19,961,179
    15 IU 2,597,775,733 160 16,236,098
    16 NCT 127 2,384,580,669 157 15,188,412
    20 ATEEZ 1,995,234,833 143 13,952,691
    9 EXO 3,491,546,260 320 10,911,082

The fact that BTS still manages to be #1 even with all the Japanese versions, remixes, skits, intros, outros, interludes, instrumentals, and let's not forget all the b-sides they released before they blew up that drag down their average, is actually insane. Them having more than 3 times the total streams of the 2nd most streamed kpop act is the reason they remain in first place even with the very inflated track count.

Blackpink, Twice, Stray Kids, Jungkook and EXO are probably the artists that have their averages affected the most by inflated track counts: live versions (BP & EXO), different-language versions (Twice & EXO), remixes (Jk & Twice) and re-recorded versions (Skz).

IU making it onto the list and her average actually being higher than a few groups is impressive considering she debuted in 2008 and the majority of her discography was released before spotify became a thing in kpop.

Newjeans show once again why they're in a league of their own compared to the rest of 4th gen and BTS soloists are just out there casually beating most groups and proving that if they release more solo music they'd all enter the top10 most streamed kpop artists in no time.

• Poor Newjeans just doubled their number of tracks with new remix album. Otherwise they would be on top

yeah that remix album has 12 tracks and contributes less than 10 million streams to their discography :holding-back-tears:

Why did you count BTS solo, but no Blackpink solo?

I wrote in the very first sentence I was only doing the top20 most streamed kpop artists, Lisa is the most streamed bp soloist and she doesn't make the top 20. I also only included 4/7 bts soloists, if I had included the other 3, they would've all made the top10 as well :pepe-shrug:

It's coz she wants to push a certain agenda

For all the people here who want to be salty because I didn't include certain artists that I already made clear why they weren't included at the beginning of my post, here is a thread I made a few weeks ago just for ya'll :*

ead47f74c3dc14bd46149812f2155b77.jpgImage ⁘ 007833105f6b7733cb4d3f8c61fa19ae.jpg3291b57d2612af71f190a448dba0c51c.jpg

• yeah that remix album has 12 tracks and contributes less than 10 million streams to their discography :holding-back-tears:

I wrote in the very first sentence I was only doing the top20 most streamed kpop artists, Lisa is the most streamed bp soloist and she doesn't make the top 20. I also only included 4/7 bts soloists, if I had included the other 3, they would've all made the top10 as well :pepe-shrug:

For all the people here who want to be salty because I didn't include certain artists that I already made clear why they weren't included at the beginning of my post, here is a thread I made a few weeks ago just for ya'll :*

LISA - Spotify Top Songs

If you want to make it about 'per song' then it should really be about that. Lisa easily number 1 based on these conditions.

Making a top 20 artists is just coz you don't wanna see Lisa number 1 pretty obvious.

• I wrote in the very first sentence I was only doing the top20 most streamed kpop artists, Lisa is the most streamed bp soloist and she doesn't make the top 20. I also only included 4/7 bts soloists, if I

So you took top 20 most streamed artist at first then order these artists in certain order. Pretty much cherry picking.

Anyway, I think this list is pretty pointless, because some artist have more remixes and other versions than others. Would be interesting to see average without different versions.

Your tittle in general is pretty misleading because more tracks not equal more songs IMO.

• Fun Fact: When we remove all of Jungkook's remixes, he still has 4.42B streams on Spotify with 16 tracks.

• I think, the most impressive thing is that IU is the only REAL soloist on this list.

https://kworb.net/spotify/arti…HmJ7a0Q6csE5cT_songs.html

If you want to make it about 'per song' then it should really be about that. Lisa easily number 1 based on these conditions.

Making a top 20 artists is just coz you don't wanna see Lisa number 1 pretty obvious.

Jesus, and some Blonks don't get why other Kpop fans say, they're clueless. Please do some research. It's not like you can't find these stats for yourself.🙄

this is pretty much useless stat if you don't filter out the different versions/remixes.

Exactly! That's why I always said to BTS and Blackpink fans, they should look at the Unique Listeners! To be fair, without remixes/different version this list wouldn't be much different, because most people ignore B-sides too, not to mention remix versions.

• this is pretty much useless stat if you don't filter out the different versions/remixes.

So you took top 20 most streamed artist at first then order these artists in certain order. Pretty much cherry picking.

Anyway, I think this list is pretty pointless, because some artist have more remixes and other versions than others. Would be interesting to see average without different versions.

Your tittle in general is pretty misleading because more tracks not equal more songs IMO.

Filtering out remixes/versions is harder than u think, take for example 5050, cupid counts for 7 tracks on their profile, 5 of these contribute only around 15 million streams to their profile, those are easy enough to remove. But technically the twin version is the additional version that I should remove if i'm not counting remixes. Which leaves me with the OG's 193m instead of the twin version's 779m streams.

Another example is mic drop, there are 4 versions on BTS's profile. The Japanese version (16m) I can easily remove, but the other 3 tracks all have over 200 million streams each, again if I only keep the original from the ly:her album, I'll have to delete the ly:answer version which is actually the version with the most streams (ly:answer 307m, ly:her 225m, Desiigner remix 200m)

If either of you want to make a better list, you can use this link to get artists' streams easier: https://kworb.net/spotify/artists.html. Good luck :thumbup:

ead47f74c3dc14bd46149812f2155b77.jpgImage ⁘ 007833105f6b7733cb4d3f8c61fa19ae.jpg3291b57d2612af71f190a448dba0c51c.jpg

• Filtering out remixes/versions is harder than u think, take for example 5050, cupid counts for 7 tracks on their profile, 5 of these contribute only around 15 million streams to their profile, those are easy enough to remove. But technically the twin version is the additional version that I should remove if i'm not counting remixes. Which leaves me with the OG's 193m instead of the twin version's 779m streams.

Another example is mic drop, there are 4 versions on BTS's profile. The Japanese version (16m) I can easily remove, but the other 3 tracks all have over 200 million streams each, again if I only keep the original from the ly:her album, I'll have to delete the ly:answer version which is actually the version with the most streams (ly:answer 307m, ly:her 225m, Desiigner remix 200m)

If either of you want to make a better list, you can use this link to get artists' streams easier: https://kworb.net/spotify/artists.html. Good luck

I count Blackpink average streams! Was pretty easy.

0pT36cf.jpeg

• I would say it's hard to do a "fair" comparison like that because groups with a lot of songs will have disadvantage when streaming is spread out on a lot of songs if you compare average. Good example is proably if you look at G-idle and Twice in this list, or EXO. And if you look at the total number, the ones with many songs get a benefit. So, maybe a list of the 10-20 most stream songs of every artist is more fair.

• So you took top 20 most streamed artist at first then order these artists in certain order. Pretty much cherry picking.

basically ^

I think, the most impressive thing is that IU is the only REAL soloist on this list.

Jesus, and some Blonks don't get why other Kpop fans say, they're clueless. Please do some research. It's not like you can't find these stats for yourself.🙄

Exactly! That's why I always said to BTS and Blackpink fans, they should look at the Unique Listeners! To be fair, without remixes/different version this list wouldn't be much different, because most people ignore B-sides too, not to mention remix versions.

ripia is not even a blink lol he is a once

• Idek what the hell anyone is talking about I'm not a stat obsessed person.

But not includin BP solos just because they would outdo BTS has pretty clear intent. If I cared enough about stats I'd make threads like this. But thankfully I'm too lazy ..I also use yt music not Spotify.

• Chocolate-cheeks My bad, I was over by 40M streams earlier but this is Jungkook with just the 16 songs to his name. (no remixes) Didn't include the 3D Alternative Version.

kN6tnLv.png

VcOVkdk.png

2kx3NtI.png

MQJgPqj.png

jUYQ4dX.png

3m0OhEK.png

fMZoVnp.png

Total = 4,388,050,099

Just for fun, what would be his avg with just the 16 songs?

• I think the problem with this methodology is it's distort a bit the numbers because some tracks are just remixes or another versions of songs

Also a group with 10 promoted singles and a discography of 30 tracks is much more likely to have bigger streams than a group with only 4 singles and the same 30 tracks

A good way to fix this is to count promoted singles, promoted b-sides and standard b-sides apart and remove the live and remixes versions of the track count

• I think the problem with this methodology is it's distort a bit the numbers because some tracks are just remixes or another versions of songs

Also a group with 10 promoted singles and a discography of 30 tracks is much more likely to have bigger streams than a group with only 4 singles and the same 30 tracks

A good way to fix this is to count promoted singles, promoted b-sides and standard b-sides apart and remove the live and remixes versions of the track count

I actually feel like different versions of these would make big threads. Like most streamed promoted tracks, or b sides etc

People here love stats.

• can you do average streams (without different versions or remixes) for the most popular groups? it would be interesting to know

Theoretically I could, but it would take time, because some groups have over 200 tracks and I am not getting paid by this. :sweatr1:

Tbh I don’t agree with that promoted single part even tho what you say is true. If a company didn’t promote you right that’s part of what affects your popularity. And imo that should be reflected in how we view streams.

• This thread contains 2 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!