Songs that were released too early/before their time?

• I was scrolling earlier and saw someone talking about how Roller Coaster (2019) is one of TXT's best and most underappreciated b-sides, and I have to agree. I feel like it would be much more appreciated if it came out in the current environment, since it would be more on trend sound-wise.

External Content music.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Iirc they've only actually performed it live once (back in 2021), and the clothes were pretty on trend for 2022/2023 too.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

What's a song you think would've been more appreciated if it were released later than it was? :check-bee:

• External Content www.youtube.com

imo one of the best kpop songs/concepts ever

would have been ahead of its time if it was released today too anyway

• SNUPER would have been more successful if they were active during pandemic-synthwave-retro revival

and ofc, I feel a lot of NCT tracks are futuristic/ahead of their time

• and ofc, I feel a lot of NCT tracks are futuristic/ahead of their time

This production was a vibe! The thing is, in Pop, people don’t usually get props by being super early to do things but rather doing something for a longer period of time, that is also a part of the group’s DNA, that most don’t excel at. Like SHINee and EXO with R&B singing, Blackpink with Hip-Hop/Rap, and KARD with Latin influences in their music.

• If this was released during the EDM era they would end everyone

• External Content youtu.be

• If this was released during the EDM era they would end everyone

More too late than too early I would say?

But would probably have done much better if it was done a couple of years earlier during the earlier years of the 2nd generation and before the Hwayoung problem.

• Cry for me, this song should have never been a half assed unpromoted song, having something so fucking good in your bag and instead putting and promoting something like scientist should be considered a crime, jyp is the worst company.

this song is outthere

• If It was released when Stray Kids became a bigger group, It would be their biggest song

External Content m.youtube.com

• Free Somebody by Luna

I was obsessed with this song back in June 2016 and I would unintentionally loop it for months on end all throughout that summer. I thought I’d prefer Tiffany’s solo debut more but turns out Luna did it for me.

Unfortunately it kinda flopped and went unnoticed among the GP. People did not appreciate it at the time and most people still haven’t discovered it.

The only ones who truly appreciated this song and album from the beginning were the LGBTQ+ community. This is once again a testament that we queer folks have good taste in music 8)

Free Somebody has now become a queer anthem and is being played at every Pride parade in Korea :pepe-pray:

External Content youtu.be

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!