Idol friendships you believe were fake/PR?

• Idk if it was fake or PR since they seem to know each other since predebut but Nayeon-Jennie-Jisoo aren't the besties some of these Kpop stans make them out to be. One or two interactions here or there but that's it. The last time they interacted was in 2017 for Nayeon and Jennie and 2019 for Nayeon and Jisoo.

• Idk if it was fake or PR since they seem to know each other since predebut but Nayeon-Jennie-Jisoo aren't the besties some of these Kpop stans make them out to be. One or two interactions here or there but that's it. The last time they interacted was in 2017 for Nayeon and Jennie and 2019 for Nayeon and Jisoo.

I didn't even know they ever interacted lol

• I feel like a lot of relationships btwn idols r exaggerated but I don’t have specific examples :eyes:

Idk why but like I think of when Amber was an idol and how she gave off that she was friends with everyone but now it’s like nothing or Jackson but they left so idk idk about 4th gen tbh 🧍‍♀️

With Amber I think it is that she drifted apart from everyone when she stopped being active in Korea, same for Jackson.

• I don't think they are necessarily fake, just a lot more casual and fairweather than they are made out to be or fanhyped to be.

Busy schedules and travel, intrusive media and fans, aggressive fandoms

Means that they probably keep their friendships either very lowkey, mainly electronic or just very hidden.

Like if anything, I actually suspect there are many more intra-idol friendships and interactions that any fans really know. These people move in the same circles and have shared experiences after all.

• This is where Izone stans sleep peacefully knowing their faves are forever besties. :flower-cutie::danceb::chicken-dance::chicken-jump:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• 1 predebut picture together with another JYP trainee. One picture together at GDA 2017 and that's it I think. Oh yeah, Nayeon gifted something to Jisoo for her bday but that was also ages ago. So yeah I don't think they are in touch anymore.

I talk to my best friend like 6 times a year. Not saying you are wrong but you get busy in life and if you live far away it’s hard to maintain communication. But when I talk to my best friend it’s like we never weren’t talking so

• I feel now they seem look "forced" being still best friend just to protect the image that they made

IU just attended her wedding last year and even sang a few songs on stage. IU is so popular now, she doesn't need to fake any friendships.

It's impossible to know where each idol are true friends or not. I feel most are just colleagues where they only interact on shows but never talk much or at all in private. These are most of the time exaggerated by fans, posting videos of every minor interaction on music shows and shipping them as besties.

I wouldn't say they are fake, just hyped by fans as being closer than they really are.

For example:

This is where Izone stans sleep peacefully knowing their faves are forever besties. :flower-cutie::danceb::chicken-dance::chicken-jump:

• Jimin and Kai's friendship. I mean obviously they were friends at some point and they're not anymore

Moreover, in 97 line there are some people who are being ignored now like Bambam and Gyom

Then Dahyun and Jeong I saw that they weren't friends with the BP/RV members, at least they weren't friends

Blackpink and Momoland members may be involved in an argument. they just pretend to be nice and compliment each other

RV members don't have good feelings for FX members

• Oh really? :pepegrin:

F4C92CKacAE2-1S.jpg

GBTfVd-aEAADd9U.jpg

Fw-6J-taMAMpo1l.jpg

Fx02qp1aEAATZPf.jpg

And this is literally 0.3 percent of their post Izone official and unofficial interactions including literal SLEEPOVERS

Any more snarky comebacks? :pepe-hips:

• I can mention fake friendships between male idols but you always only mention female idols. I mean male friendships are even sicker. they even date the same person, making bet girls. fighting over a female idol. much worse. damn it

• Oh really? :pepegrin:

Proved my point. Your original post was about Eunbi and Yujin.

None of your comeback posts showed Eunbi attending any of the parties/events. Like I'm sure some of the members are close and are friends. (Ie Chaewon, Yena, Yuri, Yujin). I'm just saying not all the members are close as exaggerated by fans.

Tictok challenges don't count. They literally do it with everyone these days and fans ship them only to see no interaction after the challenges are released.

Chaewon herself even said that she wasn't really close with Sakura in IZone. Note that I'm sure they are super close now as they are still in the same group. But there will be other member's that Chaewon wasn't close with in IZone and will grow even more further apart as they are no longer in the same group.

Of cos fans will still ship them though.

KIM CHAEWON: “I want to challenge myself, rather than take the safe way” - Weverse Magazine
    KIM CHAEWON: “I want to challenge myself, rather than take the safe way” - Weverse Magazine
    magazine.weverse.io

Edited once, last by L0ok ().

• Proved my point. Your original post was about Eunbi and Yujin.

None of your comeback posts showed Eunbi attending any of the parties/events. Like I'm sure some of the members are close and are friends. (Ie Chaewon, Yena, Yuri, Yujin). I'm just saying not all the members are close as exaggerated by fans.

Tictok challenges don't count. They literally do it with everyone these days and fans ship them only to see no interaction after the challenges are released.

knuckles.gif

Just turn on subtitles from 2:22 to 3:08 lol, they literally go on for almost a minute about how Eunbi's apt is the clubhouse for their BFF activities post Izone lol, Minju specifically is there every week or two weeks according to Eunbi's manager.

External Content youtu.be

• I talk to my best friend like 6 times a year. Not saying you are wrong but you get busy in life and if you live far away it’s hard to maintain communication. But when I talk to my best friend it’s like we never weren’t talking so

...they were never best friends pls. And it's also not like YG/JYP forbade them from interacting with each other cuz Lisa and Mina/Jihyo seem close but Jisoo and Jennie haven't interacted with Nayeon since forever. They obviously weren't close to begin with and prolly fell apart as they got busier and formed close friendships within their respective groups (SaMoYeon, NaChaeng, Chaennie). Fans really need to stop pushing with Twicepink bffs thing cuz it ain't true.

loml

Edited once, last by vzal ().

• Since we are discussing idol friendships, I think it's time all of us admit Momo is the closest to Nayeon in TWICE, not Jeongyeon.

And Sana is the closest to her Japanese friends. UJB and DaTzu are besties now.

Momo and Jeongyeon were room mates for at least 3 years from debut, they shared a single bed too, the girls are close but perhaps not socially as neither are social butterflies like Nayeon and Sana are.

• Momo and Jeongyeon were room mates for at least 3 years from debut, they shared a single bed too, the girls are close but perhaps not socially as neither are social butterflies like Nayeon and Sana are.

I mean yeah Momo and JY were vv close during 2016-2018 but SaMoYeon seem the closest to each other now. They are always hanging out with each other and most recently Nayeon and Momo spent Christmas together(Sana didn't come).

loml

• Well i watched all their videos together since Heroes era until now. Ofc I know IU sang songs in Jiyeon wedding. If you follow and watch all their video, you must feel there are something different when they talk and how they interact each other now than the past.

I dont say they are not friend anymore but i said maybe they re not longer bestfriend. You can keep being friend to your ex bestie and it is okay. Especially for them who super busy and maybe cannot meet up or touch up frequently. It's normal in life.

But once again, it is my personal opinion as long time Jiyeon's fan. Feel free to have different opinion.

• SNSD. The soshi bond was never real. I'm sure there are close relationships among a few members but the entire group as a whole is definitely not close. When you put 9 random girls together in a competitive trainee environment, of course there's going to be tension. Most of it was for business and this is substantiated by rumors/blind items/Jessica's book.

This probably applies to 80% of all kpop groups

• This thread brought to you by people who still think idols live their entire lives on-camera. If it didn't happen on camera, it didn't happen! :rolleyes:

No wonder you're all so shocked when you suddenly find out idols are dating.

"HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?! I WAS NOT INFORMED! IT MUST BE FAKE MEDIA PLAY!"

IU- Jiyeon

they were really really best friend but not anymore

I feel now they seem look "forced" being still best friend just to protect the image that they made

Yeah, being invited to perform at someone's wedding is a classic sign of fake friendship. Y'all really be completely clueless. :facepalm:

• I always thought Sana was very close to Jihyo?

Sana is close to all TWICE members and she and Jihyo particularly were vv close in 2020/21 but not so much now. Sana is always with her Japanese friends whenever Twice is on vacation. Jihyo and Jeongyeon however spent their vacation together recently, Mina and Chaeyoung too. I also remember Nayeon going to Japan with Momo once but Sana never hangs out with Twice members during holidays.

• Sana is close to all TWICE members and she and Jihyo particularly were vv close in 2020/21 but not so much now. Sana is always with her Japanese friends whenever Twice is on vacation. Jihyo and Jeongyeon however spent their vacation together recently, Mina and Chaeyoung too. I also remember Nayeon going to Japan with Momo once but Sana never hangs out with Twice members during holidays.

Okay, thank you for explaining :-)

i love how close Twice are. They're one of those groups where I think they genuinely all like each other. They wouldn't be able to do what they do (lots of comebacks and work together and even singing another contract) if there was not some genuine friendship there

• ...they were never best friends pls. And it's also not like YG/JYP forbade them from interacting with each other cuz Lisa and Mina/Jihyo seem close but Jisoo and Jennie haven't interacted with Nayeon since forever. They obviously weren't close to begin with and prolly fell apart as they got busier and formed close friendships within their respective groups (SaMoYeon, NaChaeng, Chaennie). Fans really need to stop pushing with Twicepink bffs thing cuz it ain't true.

I never said they were best friends. I simply pointed out that adult friendships are not the same as friends you have in school. Meaning I could not talk to someone for a while and still consider them a friend. Also I dont care if Blacken and Twice are friends or not. I really dont care about friendship among idols beyond funny interactions.

• I wouldn't say fake but SM used to push Minho and Yuri alot.

Minho is alot closer to other snsd members

External Content www.youtube.com

• Since we are discussing idol friendships, I think it's time all of us admit Momo is the closest to Nayeon in TWICE, not Jeongyeon.

And Sana is the closest to her Japanese friends. UJB and DaTzu are besties now.

If anyone doesn't know that Nayeon is closest to Momo since a long long time ago, then they are not really an once.

• This thread contains 80 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!