BLACKPINK IS THE SMARTEST GROUP TO COME OUT OF YG...

• Renewing individually would have been the biggest mistake. Glad the girls negotiated their worth decided to leave for themselves...

Even at worse case scenario they'd rather not do anything individually than sit in dungeon at YG.

YG cannot focus on more than one group at a time... even if they delay BP comeback as a group atlesst the girls will get to do more solo stuff even if it's just a vlog or a TV show...

And as best case scenario they get to release more music and all the creative stuff they are capable off...

Hoping they have negotiated their worth and freedom at their new company.

• They still probably get to keep their BP name for use in individual promotions

This

Sistar disbanded and the solos didn't went anywhere even though their solos were huge when Sistar were still active.

Same for 2NE1

Which 2nd Gen soloists are still big now? Taeyeon. Guess what, SNSD hasn't disbanded. f(x) also hasn't disbanded but then again their solos weren't huge in the first place.

Like I'm sure they will do very well even if they disband because their individual brand name are just so so sooo big. But then again just by having the group name still active and tied to individual artists is a very smart thing to do

• bingo, no guts

just deception

I don't get you how do you think it would be smart to sign with YG and let YG profit from them without giving them anything?. and how is that deception if they still renewed as a group do you want them for YG to get a cut from their earnings without giving them the bare minimum? you know YG sabotage them

...look at jihyo she had an album with 7 songs meanwhile the girls only released 2 songs and barely promoted at least the last solos were barely promoted . Why do you think renewing with YG for solo stuff is a good idea? they never lied because they are still gonna have group activities and if anything YG is actually gonna give them more music ( there is no other way) because that's the only way YG is gonna profit from them.

• I don't get you how do you think it would be smart to sign with YG and let YG profit from them without giving them anything?. and how is that deception if they still renewed as a group do you want them for YG to get a cut from their earnings without giving them the bare minimum? you know YG sabotage them

...look at jihyo she had an album with 7 songs meanwhile the girls only released 2 songs and barely promoted at least the last solos were barely promoted . Why do you think renewing with YG for solo stuff is a good idea? they never lied because they are still gonna have group activities and if anything YG is actually gonna give them more music ( there is no other way) because that's the only way YG is gonna profit from them.

like I said, they are deceiving fans

if they wanted out of yg, do it completely, go solo by going in all out

many examples above show groups that do this just do it to hold on to their group name

The members know they need the bp name, and they will used it to keep lying to blinks

• like I said, they are deceiving fans

many examples above show groups that do this just do it to hold on to their group name

The members know they need the bp name, and they will used it to keep lying to blinks

that's not deceiving lol put yourself in their place and we will see them performing again I don't know why you think they deceiving fans

because they still want to be perform as blackpink they just want to be able to explore other areas that have been denied or YG not be able to give them the bare minimum and you know this

you are being extremely radical and seeing things from one perspective things aren't black and white .

do you honestly think they don't like performing as group ? the way I see it they try to compromise and find a way like a middle ground it could work for all of them being a group and still be able to do have solo activities and with YG they couldn't do so

why do they need to pick one option when they can have a second option? DO you want YG to keep profiting from them shamelessly without making any effort? well, having bp brand name is something they gained for themselves and it's 'well deserved and I don't see any issue with that.

I still don't understand why do you want them to renew under YG knowing how bad is YG for solo activities.

• You are doing the same though. You are only seeing this from the perspective of Blackpink and not YG Entertainment.

This is an awful contract situation for YG. If there's going to be comeback it will have to be under YG's conditions otherwise it's not profitable for YG. YG needs big concert tours to recoup the money invested in a BP comeback. Album sales aren't going to be enough especially now that BP very likely has a better contract meaning YG receives even less money from Blackpink content.

Now the question is do the girls even want to do big tours while they manage their solo activities simultaneously? Do the agency of the girls want them to do big tours for YG? What if for example Lisa's new agency wants her to do a solo tour instead? There are so many variables now and the stars have to be aligned in the right way for a blackpink comeback. Surely you will also have 2 or 3 of the girls trying to get into acting and that is going to block a lot of time for a possible comeback.

What you will probably see next year is YG trying to milk fans with the Blackpink brand in every possible way without direct or only little involvement from the girls. Merchandise, mobile games, VR & AI, a remix album and more stuff like that.

Also even if there's going to be a Blackpink comeback it will likely be low effort from YG because it wouldn't be smart to use your best ideas and songs on a group you don't have 100% control over anymore.

• Chances are in a ideal world 1 year BP , 1 year solo stuff

6 months of touring every 2 years or something.

• Chances are in a ideal work 1 year BP , 1 year solo stuff

6 months of touring every 2 years or something.

True but I just can't see that happening. I have some doubts if YG even wants a Blackpink comeback. All 4 members not resigning for individual activity is quite humiliating for Yang Hyunsuk and if you know YHS you know he's a big narcissist. Just making money from the Blackpink brand while not investing resources in BP could be fine for YG.

• Yummy yummy blink tears :pathead:

Most blinks are actually weirdly super happy about this situation because now the girls are apparently freed from the evil YG empire that imprisoned them for 7 years while making the girls ridiculous rich. Not seeing the bigger picture that YG got a shit deal on their hands while their music department is in shambles. YG has no control over BP anymore and can't rely on them. YG would be next level dumb if they don't invest everything in their new groups now. I can even see YG push forward the debuts of their new bg and that japanese new gg.

• Most blinks are actually weirdly super happy about this situation because now the girls are apparently freed from the evil YG empire that imprisoned them for 7 years while making the girls ridiculous rich. Not seeing the bigger picture that YG got a shit deal on their hands while their music department is in shambles. YG has no control over BP anymore and can't rely on them. YG would be next level dumb if they don't invest everything in their new groups now. I can even see YG push forward the debuts of their new bg and that japanese new gg.

I think, like I already mentioned, people are making too many assumptions and predictions.

We don't know the scope of the contract YG has with the girls in terms of "group activities". We don't know what it entails, what the specifics are, and what clauses are in the contracts.

If YG had any smarts in this, I would assume (see... assume) that they have stipulations in the group about content release. Either a minimum albums clause for duration of the contract or a minimum releases per set time frame as well as other various promotional clauses and a tour.

But nobody here knows what the contract entails and it's possible we won't ever.

So too assume that this is amazing news for the girls and Blinks and think we will be swimming in new stuff, or to conversely start dancing on Blackpinks grave thinking it's all ogre is jumping the gun completely.

We need to... continue to wait and see.

• We need to... continue to wait and see.

I think this best describes the whole situation in a nutshell, which isn't a good thing. Their surviving contemporaries are still with their companies and still active, while everything BP is still stuck in an uncertain holding pattern even after (finally) receiving news of their contract situation. I wouldn't be satisfied or even content with that if I were a fan.

• I think this best describes the whole situation in a nutshell, which isn't a good thing. Their surviving contemporaries are still with their companies and still active, while everything BP is still stuck in an uncertain holding pattern even after (finally) receiving news of their contract situation. I wouldn't be satisfied or even content with that if I were a fan.

Ehhh... Que sera, sera

• I think this best describes the whole situation in a nutshell, which isn't a good thing. Their surviving contemporaries are still with their companies and still active, while everything BP is still stuck in an uncertain holding pattern even after (finally) receiving news of their contract situation. I wouldn't be satisfied or even content with that if I were a fan.

If you were a fan you'd be already used to even 2 years of hiatus

It can't get worse than it already was

Pull up in a ghost Peek a peek a boo hoo Vroom vroom

XWQN6MB.png

• I think you mean once tears... people were hoping they disband so much so twice could get 1 just because BP disbanded xd

"Get 1" what? One of these groups are always active and the other is on hiatus half the time. They're not directly competing. And for all we know they have effectively disbanded this time.

• Not seeing the bigger picture that YG got a shit deal on their hands while their music department is in shambles. YG has no control over BP anymore and can't rely on them. YG would be next level dumb if they don't invest everything in their new groups now. I can even see YG push forward the debuts of their new bg and that japanese new gg.

Why should we care

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• YG tried to hide/deflect the individual contract situation regarding Blackpink members. YG always does this stuff when they are fcked. Let's be real all 4 members left YG individually. No matter how you spin it this is humiliating for YG and shows that the relationship isn't great.

• "Get 1" what? One of these groups are always active and the other is on hiatus half the time. They're not directly competing. And for all we know they have effectively disbanded this time.

One thing that gets me speculating that YG still has some degree of control in this, or at least some degree of semi-favourable outcome for them (and a semi favourable outcome for them involves profit generating group activities) is the very fact that they themselves announced that the girls did sign to continue group activities with YG. Sure they could have just pre-empted a competing announcement, but I can't see them making an announcement if the contract is so weak for them that it amounts to soft disbandment of the group.

That and the fact that all the members were still referencing Blinks as late as this week as opposed to "fans" and hyping each others outputs that still indicates there is group harmony among the members. If there were indications that the members were moving on from each other, that would be a bigger indication of disbandment.

Oh... and if ALL the members are starting their own labels as opposed to jumping in with established ones for their solo careers, the new labels will do very well do have some support, backing and networking with an established company to some degree. It would be in all parties best interest to have cordial and working relations between the members solo labels and YG.

• Well then we can just not discuss anything I guess.

The announcement doesn't make me confident that there will be much content in the future from Blackpink as a group.

Hahahhaha exactly, I’ve been reading the comments of blinks on this forum and my god they are dumb dumb, clinging to every last hope like they always do. Like the last 7 YEARS haven’t taught them anything, history don’t lie. This is the end of BP, the girls were smart in renewing the BP brand to try and milk as much out of their fans as they can along with YG. It’s funny that fans believe in their idols so much, when they’re part of the problem. The girls want an easy and affluent lifestyle, fans equals monnneeeyyy. Come onnnnn it’s obvious they’re going to focus on their solo stuff to then make moreeee moneeeyyyy, while blinks cry and wait for another eternity for them to all comeback 😂😂😂 This has been a good day for meeeee

• I think you mean once tears... people were hoping they disband so much so twice could get 1 just because BP disbanded xd

OMG, are we still doing this? Are yall refusing to give up on delusions even while your favorite group is in its last legs?

Touring was the last chance for BP to finally prove they are ahead of Twice, yet they are showing similar results.

Enough

• OMG, are we still doing this? Are yall refusing to give up on delusions even while your favorite group is in its last legs?

Touring was the last chance for BP to finally prove they are ahead of Twice, yet they are showing similar results.

Enough

Similar results? If you mean BP being ahead and JYP scrambling to try put Twice ahead in attendance , I guess they can though cause cheap tickets sell.

• We have to see if each of them open their own agencies tho, bc if that's the case that would make things WAY easier

Jennie is already save from that, her website even mention bp, so all good there

Now

If the other are under other companies, that isn't owned by them, thats when things get complicated

• like I said, they are deceiving fans

Are you blink? If so I can't believe I am seeing blink who is not pleased with this, arguably the best, outcome.

• In case BP tours again YG would get the cut

in case BP makes a comeback YG stocks would skyrocket

BP is YGs last relevancy in kpop

YG can't lose anything with BP in picture with them.

• This thread contains 21 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!