Do you think AKP Forums is the community with the best K-Pop takes?

• Do we have the best, most credible K-Pop opinions on average of any community? 31

1. Yes (18) 58%
    2. No (11) 35%
    3. Only Yama does (2) 6%

I used to think this place had the worst opinions, until I started lurking different subreddits and discord servers, not to mention that hellhole, X.

Then I realized it's true what they say: the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

The comments I see getting up voted or retweeted or given thumbs up reactions would get you labeled a troll here :facepalm:

It's funny how much K-Pop fans will confidently say anything while knowing nothing. It happens here too, but people get corrected when they say something out of pocket usually. That rarely happens elsewhere

So I guess you all aren't that bad at discussing K-Pop in a way I find credible :pepe-shrug:

In the post OH (RIP) landscape, this forum might be the last stand before logic and common sense give way to total anarchy

That's my mini rant for the weekend. Goodbye.

• Go to Best Answer
    • Best Answer

Tbh this place has its fair share of stupid and biased takes too

Its just that akp forums in principle work differently compared to other communities like reddit or twitter

On reddit communities everything is crazy strictly moderated, u can't go on blackpink subreddit and say jisoo can't sing, you would get banned instantly even tho its true. There is no proper and free discussion subreddit, u say something that majority disagrees with, u get downvoted and ur posts get auto deleted by auto-moderator. The karma system and upvote downvote system of Reddit makes it such a way that in order to survive there u gotta say what the majority users over there want to hear, and not to mention reddit mods are just powertrip morons.

And Twitter is just everyone posting whatever they want, most of it nobody sees or cares. Twitter posts are usually only visible to the followers of the user and people only follow people with with same fandom or interests etc so u can't really have a discussion that's visible and open to everyone.

Akp works best because all the fans of all the groups have to make their posts in the same "kpop" section , so its visible to a diverse range of fandoms and users who can without any issues voice their agreement/disagreement, this eliminates that echo chamber problem. On akp even if 99% of users like a group or song or a view point you can still just go ahead and say that nah that group or songs or view point sucks and you'd be completely fine, do that on twitter or reddit and lol u will be gone in no time.

Twitter on most part and kpop group subreddits are more like akp guilds.

• Agreed.

Although we have less people compared to other platforms, the diversity of opinions here is nice and everyone tolerate/critise them quite nicely too (tho it's partly due to the mods here as well - credit due).

I really dislike those one sided discussion on other platforms which frankly turn abhorrently hateful in minutes.

And no YamaChwan you don't :pepe-love-not:

• Usually not even other forums have as much freedom as here, even though it used to be better in that aspect

We can make threads about almost anything, in other places it'd lead to a ban for flood or they'd come with a rule on the go

Pull up in a ghost Peek a peek a boo hoo Vroom vroom

XWQN6MB.png

• I think forums are the best was to hany any sort of discussion, the rest of social media... you can't have any conversation there.

This is probably the crux of what I was getting at in my opening salvo.

In the age of social media reigning supreme over most platforms, I still think forums are by far the best means of communication and creating a real sense of community, even if it's become antiquated.

People chase clout on forums too, but there is way less obsession with farming for clicks, upvotes and engagement on forums compared to all the other platforms.

And discord, while great for connecting with individual fans and fandoms, is a horrible place for any meaningful dialogue, since you'll be muted or banned if you violate any of the 20+ rules in effect that are put in place to sustain the echo chamber status.

But even outside of all of the above, I don't see as many, for a lack of better words, dumb statements that go completely unchecked on AKP compared to everywhere else.

OH is too dead to qualify, and I don't know any other really active forums.

• I think this is the most thought and effort I've ever seen you pour into a single post here :pepe-joy:

But it was a good one

• Twitter is now full of bots it is actually insane, social media were created as a way for people to converse with each other but rn it is complete opposite. In worst case scenario wrong opinion can get you doxed

I hope forums will be back to their old glory because despite everything I like community feeling it has and different opinions it offers.

I see discord more as a way to have private discussions with your friends tbh

• Yes I think so.

Reddit up vote down vote systems takes away a lot of good takes and makes it an echo chamber.

Twitter isn’t even a place for discussion. It’s a mob.

I diagree with calling Twitter a mob.

That doesn't quite cover the insanity ;-)

More like an asylum, a trash heap and Frankenstein's laboratory were merged together from different dimensions and they let lose a bunch of crazy wasps and hornets on the inhabitants of asylum, trash heap and Frankenstein's laboratory.

The resulting chaos gets a little close to what Twitter is.

• Forums by default should be the best place for discussions, it's the main purpose. Unfortunately a lot of people seem to give more credit to the more crowded places like twitter or reddit but the more people there is in such places, the bigger the chances of the discussions to turn into a bunch of hyenas just talking shit or circlej***ing and there's no useful info when it's like that. Meanwhile in forums the dialogue is stimulated and it's easier to understand the point of view of the other person you're talking to.

I do miss oh and akp when both used to be more crowded, but even after the migration of so many users it still is more interesting to discuss in a forum than in places like twitter and reddit that have a lot of restrictions and limitations in comparison.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Would have to agree though the bar isn’t high :pepe-narrow-eyes:

Twitter is a cesspool and Reddit’s system and demographic means it’s impossible to be impartial or critical. Full of simps who will downvote you for anything that’s not wholly positive :pepe-narrow-eyes:

At least people don’t mind sharing their actual opinions here usually

• I do miss oh and akp when both used to be more crowded, but even after the migration of so many users it still is more interesting to discuss in a forum than in places like twitter and reddit that have a lot of restrictions and limitations in comparison.

I do hope we can attract more quality users like the community we already have. Don't get me wrong, I think we have a good amount of diversity in opinion, but I do feel some fandoms are under-represented and you can feel it in some discussions.

• I feel like AKP made a conscious decision to be less concerned about forum activity in general. A lot of folks i used to see are no longer around, both folks i got along with and folks i used to argue with on the daily lol.

On the other hand, it's obvious AKP has some kind of connections to the Kpop industry, judging by the AMA events, interviews, video clips/ads. Maybe the site owners sacrificed maximizing forum clicks/views/ads for a slower but also less controversial forum space that would be a more welcoming for Kpop labels who might want to promote their groups here. In other words, AKP going legit lol.

I feel like English speaking idols do come and visit, the same way they would go to Reddit/Twitter/YT/Pannchoa to secretly read up on what us rubes are talking about lol.

• I was recently active on Reddit, but oh my I get downvoted whenever users doesnt agree with my views, even if I was just up for a friendly discussion. we all have different opinions but downgrading your own opinion and calling you names is just toxicity. I didn't last a week.

There is no proper and free discussion subreddit, u say something that majority disagrees with, u get downvoted

THIS SO TRUE

I SAY FUCK IT WHEN I FEEL IT CUZ NO ONE KEEP ON TALLY I DO WHAT I WANT WITH WHO I LIKE

30f443a5649093af9ae086cb57c3ead9e83c6734.gifv

• I could never adapt myself to use twitter, cause I like to write in details and essays during discussions and this is impossible there, cause you'd need to break it in multiple tweets. So I have one just to follow updates about my favorite artists and notices about the world. I don't post anything.

I go to Reddit to discuss several things other than just K-pop. But when I discuss K-pop, It's not exactly a problem, cause I like more to hype up my faves and defend them than saying something negative.

One thing I noticed there is, despite Stray Kids have lots of haters, STAYs on Reddit are a big dedicated fandom. It seems to have an untold agreement of upvoting anything positive about them. So even though my posts about them get downvoted cause people can't read facts, my fellow STAYs will make sure I have many upvotes on my opinions consistently :skull:

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

• I could never adapt myself to use twitter, cause I like to write in details and essays during discussions and this is impossible there, cause you'd need to break it in multiple tweets. So I have one just to follow updates about my favorite artists and notices about the world. I don't post anything.

I go to Reddit to discuss several things other than just K-pop. But when I discuss K-pop, It's not exactly a problem, cause I like more to hype up my faves and defend them than saying something negative.

One thing I noticed there is, despite Stray Kids have lots of haters, STAYs on Reddit are a big dedicated fandom. It seems to have an untold agreement of upvoting anything positive about them. So even though my posts about them get downvoted cause people can't read facts, my fellow STAYs will make sure I have many upvotes on my opinions consistently :skull:

Imagine being a stay on Reddit LOL. they are so many of them there but I noticed the other 4th gens bgs stans hate stays with a passion on there.

Kpo Reddit is dominated by annoying hybe and sm stans

• I was recently active on Reddit, but oh my I get downvoted whenever users doesnt agree with my views, even if I was just up for a friendly discussion. we all have different opions but downgrading your own opinon and calling you names is just toxicity. I didn't last a week.

THIS SO TRUE

FR! you can say somehting completely true and still get downvoted….. I was defending bp with my life there cause ppl were saying they don’t care about idol life and don’t like each other. And I still got downvoted when I brought up literal facts like

• FR! you can say somehting completely true and still get downvoted….. I was defending bp with my life there cause ppl were saying they don’t care about idol life and don’t like each other. And I still got downvoted when I brought up literal facts like

People like you deserve Reddit the best lol. In one way Reddit balances out louder fandoms. You can’t say untalented people are talented without getting downvoted and for that I like Reddit.

But where Reddit gets more tricky is it’s harder to have nuanced conversations when more sensitive topics are discussed like scandals/race/culture etc. and I hate that.

• Imagine being a stay on Reddit LOL. they are so many of them there but I noticed the other 4th gens bgs stans hate stays with a passion on there.

Kpo Reddit is dominated by annoying hybe and sm stans

True but, to be fair, nobody likes Stays in any part of the internet there's K-pop stans reunited, so I can't escape from this reality :oops:

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

• True but, to be fair, nobody likes Stays in any part of the internet there's K-pop stans reunited, so I can't escape from this reality :oops:

I mean what did we even do, why is everyone hating on stays. I once went to Instagram to comment something under Skzs post and I got hate comments for literally no reason, it turned into an argument between me and some blink and since that day I stopped commenting lol

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。 I just wanna continue my pace ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。

• I mean the competition TikTok Twitter Insta
    Reddit is to extreme, which makes them sometimes better because have so many different discussions
    but they also can be way worsee

AKP best years was the second half of 2ndgen/3rd gen first half, together with OH

but suddenly the forum changed
    big fandoms was always a thing, but started to act too cordinated... it was suspect

almost like they had private chats to act together jumping in the neck of everyone
    I think it's healing slowly now, at least people can make discussions thread without 5-10 users freaking out together, read to find your parents and kill them

• This thread contains 13 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!