Why is nobody standing up for Babymonster?

• I get the hate, it is kinda normal in Kpop. A YG gg, first since BP, of course rival group fandoms want to bury it at conception to avoid problems in future.

But my question is, why is absolutely nobody standing up for them? I think they are fine, if I had the energy to do that for yet another group, I would, but nah, thanks, I had enough. What about the rest of you tho?

• I get the hate, it is kinda normal in Kpop. A YG gg, first since BP, of course rival group fandoms want to bury it at conception to avoid problems in future.

But my question is, why is absolutely nobody standing up for them? I think they are fine, if I had the energy to do that for yet another group, I would, but nah, thanks, I had enough. What about the rest of you tho?

the issue is their fans burn so many bridges on the Bird app with multiple fandoms before debuting. :skull:

so many people are waiting for this moment.

• They gonna be fine. They already did good job on yt. Now yg need to try push them on some spotify playlists. Not charting in Korea not a big deal nowadays. YG need to try promote in Japan, since they have japanese members and try build some fandom there, they did terrible job with BP there.

They are doing great in your favorite chart

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• They are doing great in your favorite chart

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Not official numbers tho

• I was going to but then Badguy said he would so now I can't coz there'll be too much tension between us ifyknk...

But in all seriousness there seems to be a lot of doomposting going on. They'll be just fine I'm sure. It's way too early to declare them flops. They might top Melon next week still for all we know. It took Next Level like 2 or 3 months after promos finish to rise. It took Brave Girls years. It took Exid a random fancam.

Like okay, maybe not the debut people were hoping for, but its obvious the girls have talent. They drop two great songs in a row and they will be right in the mix of top 4th gen groups again. Even NMixx charted in the Top 5 at some point after two fizzlers, and are selling millions of albums. They've clearly got a big fandom that will back them.

Are they ever going to surpass Blackpink's success or be New Jeans slayers, can't see it at this point, but that's fine, they don't have to be.

I'm curious now to see what they come back with tbh. Do they double down on the swag but try and get a better song, or do they change course? Might be nice for them to try something less like BP 2.0. Maybe something like Big Bang - Lies?

• I have said in other threads, I think they have potential. It's nothing wrong with the group, it's the song that is the problem.

I will be a bit bold and say they will follow up with better songs (I hope) and next year they will be one of the most popular groups. But it's it only one song, we need to give them 3 singles at least.

But.... it also depends a lot of BP, will they go on or disband? Will a bit strange if they go with two groups with very similar type of music. If BP goes on BM must have a bit different kind of style. The last 30 sec or so of the Batter Up is much better than the main part of the song, they should use that kind of sound a bit more.

• I've been into kpop since the beginning of 2nd gen, and let me tell you this happens most of the time when a GG debut from one of the big companies, specially if the debut song is not super liked.

The fans of older GGs groups of the same company feel threatned that their favs will get replaced and ignored in favor of the new faces and the fans of other GGs that are popular at the time also feel threatned that they might get real competition.

It's a cycle that repeats itself over and over again, and the same thing will happen when babymonster will reach the end of their contract and a new GG from YG will debut.

It's normal, they will be fine and sucessful.

• I've observed reactions from AKP to reddit to Twitter, and I don't see any doomposting. People are just disappointed that their debut song was just as formulaic and uninspired as everyone feared it might be. If anything, I've seen most people sympathizing with the girls, because they feel their talent deserves better music and better direction than what YG provided.

In an era of girl group music defined by bold creativity, YG just checked all the usual boxes and it shows. It also won't fly in the current girl group landscape, if you want to distinguish yourself.

Everything I just said is made ten times worse when you factor in the legacy of their predecessors' debuts--2NE1 and BP.

• I really like them and I just spent ages trying to make and embed Gif's for my Avatar and Signature (I needed a change had the same ones for a Year now), but I suck at making Gifs and a Job that probably should take 10 mins instead took several Hours

I am still very confident they will be a Top 5 4th Gen Group when all is said and done and since I follow so many nugu GirlGroups the negativity here about BabyMonster doesn't really effect me, in fact I wish there would be 200+ reply threads about how bad Woo Ah! or Weeekly is I would love them to get noticed by more people

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!