More Iconic Top 5 Songs for Girl groups in 2016 versus 2022

• Which year is more iconic for GGs? 27

The result is only visible to the participants.

So let's look at the top 5 GG songs on melon for 2016 and 2022 and you have to tell me which grouping is more iconic/better.

Twice-Cheer Up

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

G-Friend- Rough

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Twice- OOH-AHH하게

Mamamoo- You're the Best

G-Friend- Me Gustas Tu

Ive- Love Dive

(G)-IDLE- Tomboy

Ive- Eleven

Red Velvet- Feel My Rhythm

New Jeans- Hype Boy

• Should make top 3

Cheer Up + Rough + Boombayah vs Love Dive + Tomboy + Hybe Boy

The other 2 songs out of the 5 doesn't match up and compare

I didn't peak my personal top five from the year literally just looked at the end of the year chart for 2016 and 2022 and picked the top 5 girl groups songs for that year. This is the result.

• I would say 2022 was more impactful. 2018 was probably the best year for the 3rd Gen if you wanted to make some 3rd and 4th gen battle.

• Cheer up alone is more iconic that 95% of the entire 4th gen so just for that 2016 wins, but it's crazy because 2022 is 4th gen peak and most of the biggest songs and more iconic from their generation are at the top of the year, meanwhile 2016 list lack some of their most iconic with playing with fire, tt and decalcomanie... because they were released at the end of the year, nah 3rd gen was crazy can't believe those 3 iconic big hits songs came out 1 week after the other ;(;(

• 3rd gen's peak was 2018 so it makes sense that the song's here are not as iconic as 2022 which is so far 4th gen's peak

• 2022 because Mamamoo is the only flaw in 2016

I will NOT stand for this Mamamoo slander :pepe-firing:

They deserve to be here. I didn't go into the trenches of war and battle for years during the 3rd gen just to see them get disrespected like this. What do you mean the only flaw?!

You're The Best was the second girl group release after Rough to score a Perfect All-Kill during third generation. And they had to compete with the Descendants of the Sun OST to do it. That was THE biggest drama of 2016 and OSTs absolutely owned the charts regularly back then.

In 2016, 3 out of the top 10 songs were OSTs ;judgingpepe:

I don't know why everyone always tries to erase the success of Mamamoo, like they weren't massively popular in Korea during their peak :policepepe:

I was late to the party because I was writing up a dissertation to respond to you in that other thread. I blame you for this :pepe-cop:

• For me Mamamoo is the perfect example of Love the Singer, not the song.

They're super talented vocalists, performers, funny and really group breaking as idols. But I just can't like their music outside of some ballads😭

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• IOI's Very x3 literally got a PAK. That's a bigger song than whatever Mamamoo has that no one ever heard of lol.

External Content twitter.com

Literally ranked only behind Cheer Up and Rough on the year end chart

I'm tired of you people throwing dirt in a girl group that grinded their way to the top with their talent and incredible performance skills ;judgingpepe:

For me Mamamoo is the perfect example of Love the Singer, not the song.

They're super talented vocalists, performers, funny and really group breaking as idols. But I just can't like their music outside of some ballads😭

That's fair

You don't like any of their songs? :emotionalpepe:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!