[T/W - Rape] Anime twitter woke up and accepted the war lmfao

• External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

• every MIA fan in those quotes is pathetic and a loser (as expected). If you still defend MIA after all the creepy stuff the author has said about children, there's no hope for you. The only excuses these fans have is "it's popular" and "it has good ratings" No wonder it does because it's all you freaks watching it and rating it well.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

Edited once, last by ellenote ().

• Long term anime fan here

This manga is disgusting

I remember I've created a thread here years ago (I think it was the year when the first season was aired) in the anime section asking why this anime was so well regarded when it looked like a fantasy of a guy torturing kids

There is too much graphical nudity and gore with children. The whole plot seems to revolve around it. Even if it makes sense from a plot standpoint is disgusting to read and watch. I felt nauseated reading some chapters until I decided I was done with all that and never came back to read it again

The worst part is the kids in the show are supposed to be like 12, but they are drawn like if they had 8 at best

It's not appropriated and anime fans give this too much leeway. I still don't get how so many people like this series

• havent seen this anime

my question is, is the controversy because of people thirsting over teen characters, cause that's pretty much standard for most media, and esp anime............or is there something much worse here?

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• I don’t get why you would watch that voluntarily. I’m not someone that judges people for what they like but from what I’ve seen and heard it does make me question anime fans. Especially the fact that it’s a popular anime and watched by many

• There is explicit gore and torture (mental, psychological and sexual) of kids under age of 12

damn

is it like berserk?

berserk is one anime I will never understand the love for

the story isnt even remotely well-developed

to me its basically OH MY GOD THERE'S R*PE THIS IS REALISTIC POG

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• tbh it's hard for me to understand how such depiction of brutality against children is even legal.

one thing is watching the anime without knowing what to expect, get (rightfully) repulsed by it and drop it. another thing is to watch, acknowledge its "weirdness" (as they call it), keep watching it and recommending it or bonding with other anime fans over it.

it is a fact that anime/manga genre attracts a large number of pedos and incels. and these mangakas/creators know this very well. the fact that manga fans can talk about whatever this story is with such normality just goes to show how polluted that industry is.

i'm sorry, you can come to me and say there is "art" in whatever you want to watch and that people who do shouldn't be judged. i don't care. i'm judging you. you are a fucking creep.

• In Berserk everyone graphically murdered or raped is adult or at least way past puberty

In Made in Abyss there is torture of kids, not even teenagers but KIDS. Not even something censored, but explicit

• In Berserk everyone graphically murdered or raped is adult or at least way past puberty

In Made in Abyss there is torture of kids, not even teenagers but KIDS. Not even something censored, but explicit

yeah i googled it and imagining those characters with gore makes me feel weird already

u r m o m g a y

• as someone that been in kpop for a while and just got back to anime and now interact with its fandom smths (not much bc I just follow jjk fandom)

u probably lost iq point fighting men to probably sink in their own pee

like its just not worthy, natural selection will take them down with time

being defended by anime pedos is the lowest u can reach, so congrats soobin, u made it

• As someone who's been a K-Pop fan for over a decade and an anime fan more than twice as long, there are stupid generalizations on both sides.

Associating all anime fans with degen incels is as toxic as associating all K-Pop fans with saesang fans.

So let's avoid that.

I haven't watched or read Made in Abyss, but while I generally support authors and their freedom to create worlds that draw from the beautiful and grotesque, the involvement of children is always controversial.

If the mangaka also made problematic comments (I haven't looked them up), that's not exactly good PR for his manga.

After being so utterly betrayed by the mangaka of Rurouni Kenshin though, I lead with skepticism these days.

• There is too much graphical nudity and gore with children.

There is explicit gore and torture (mental, psychological and sexual) of kids under age of 12

Ever heard of this very niche series called "A Song of Ice and Fire"? It was also adapted into series called Game Of Thrones, few people watched it, you can maybe google it.

Yeah, what I am saying is that this niche series are so fucking bad, like literally children getting raped, tortured, hanged, burned alive. No wonder such series never get popular, right?

• Why is it so bad? One of my friends made me watch but i have only watched like 4-5 episodes in the spawn of a month or so and so far nothing bad seems to happen, so i am curious if it gets disturbing later on

see the posts in this thread

• havent seen this anime

my question is, is the controversy because of people thirsting over teen characters, cause that's pretty much standard for most media, and esp anime............or is there something much worse here?

The manga is not controversial. If it was, then this scandal would've happened back in 2016 when the first season came out. If it was, then this scandal would've happened when all these idols actually talked about it. But no, it is only controversial now, you know why? Cause boy groups stans are at war and feel the need to frame each other's faves.

Remember, 99% of Kpop fans don't actually have any morals, they'll take any political ideology or belief system to bring down rival idols.

• Ever heard of this very niche series called "A Song of Ice and Fire"? It was also adapted into series called Game Of Thrones, few people watched it, you can maybe google it.

Yeah, what I am saying is that this niche series are so fucking bad, like literally children getting raped, tortured, hanged, burned alive. No wonder such series never get popular, right?

Just bc game of Thrones is equally as bad doesn't mean it's okay

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。 I just wanna continue my pace ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。

• I like seinen too but Berserk isn't my favorite. I'd probably be canceled if I was a kpop idol since my favorite manga is Shamo lmao.

People like Berserk because the art is one of the best ever and dark fantasy is appealing to a lot of people, it's why GOT was so popular after all

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Ever heard of this very niche series called "A Song of Ice and Fire"? It was also adapted into series called Game Of Thrones, few people watched it, you can maybe google it.

I started reading the First book of A song of Ice and Fire and I stopped reading because there was a 13 year old girl getting married to a 40 year old one and she slept with him. I couldn't continue reading it because it's disgusting as hell. HOWEVER

HOWEVER

I read a few pages from the Made in Abyss Manga online and there was this monster toilet thing that appeared only very shortly. The Idea of a toilet licking a 12-year-old girl clean is pretty weird if you ask me. Sure, it probably wasn't designed for 12-year olds. But at the same time, why would the Mangaka even have to add such a detail? As a writer myself, it's okay to show some worldbuilding details that don't really influence the actual plot, especially if they're very unique and creative, but this just... Feels so wrong.

Dreamer, I have seen all your posts and I can understand how you feel. As someone who loves Kakegurui, which involves some pretty weird and unnecessary scenes (Yumeko being extremely turned on by gambling etc. This whole fetishization of gambling) but I acknowledge that it's weird and disgusting. For Kakegurui however it kinda adds to the shows theme and to Yumekos character. The same way Riko's innocence adds to her character. But I can't really defend the mangaka for coming up with such ideas, like, thinking about it is okay, but to include it in the manga? And I do know it isn't that much of a big deal in the manga, and it's definitely not the theme of it, but from what I've seen, it's brought up, and that's kinda unnecessary.

So yea, cancel me if you don't agree

And btw, I don't want to defend Game of Thrones in any way, BUT teens getting married to adults and being raped by them is just what happened a lot in the times the show/book is playing in/inspired by. So bringing it up COULD be to showcase the sad reality of those old times. However, Made in Abyss has way more creative Worldbuilding and is definitely Hardcore High-Fantasy, so the mangaka had no reason to include such things.

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。 I just wanna continue my pace ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。

Edited 2 times, last by Catgirl ().

• Yes it does.

Also not you literall having Oshi No Ko gifs in your sig and talking on MIB :skull: A fucking adult man trapped in a kid's body and romancing teens.

I only watched the first few eps... It's just bc of me being obsessed with the song rn and with the cruelty of the idol industry shown in the first few eps. I do know how weird it gets with Aqua being trapped in the body of his moms a.k.a former crushes child and I am not defending that weird and strange idea at all. It gets even worse with ruby being in love with him bc he was her doctor in her former life and now he's her brother... just UGHHHHHHHHHH disgusting BUT I like Hoshino Ai, she's the reason I watched it and I like her character arc.

Feel free to cancel me if you hate me now

You have a fair point here, but I guess being a book writer gives Martin a bit o free pass as people seems to forget some of the characters are kids. Sansa comes to mind, I remember to be shocked when she got her first period in second book then I remember she was only 14 years old character lol

The TV show adaptation purposefully changed the age of the characters making them on average 3 to 4 years older to avoid such problems visual media brings. Tommen Lannister/Baratheon comes to mind. In the books he's pre pubescent kid, in the movies he's a teenager in the end of puberty 17 or 18 years old maybe

This also makes me think why I don't like the TV show and only read the books. Visual media certainly makes things like torture and rape much less bearable to me.

But yeah, ASOIAF is definitely a problematic series with disgusting things happens. There is too much rape and the rape almoat never happens from the point of view of who is being raped or tortured, which happens to aliviate the burden of a uncomfortable reading

• I remember to be shocked when she got her first period in second book then I remember she was only 14 years old character lol

Most girls get it with 11 or 12 so I don't know why you're shocked by that

• Comparing MIA to Berserk is weird. Like yeah hey're both incredibly dark pieces of fanasy, but there is an intrinsic amount of flagrant and pointed sexualization of children in MIA that doesn't exist in Berserk.

Is there rape in Berserk? Absolutely.

Is there sexualization? Unquestionably.

But the sheer volume and clear intended target audience with MIA is staggering

Changed the title of the thread from “Anime twitter woke up and accepted the war lmfao” to “[T/W - Rape] Anime twitter woke up and accepted the war lmfao”.
  • I've read Berserk as 13 years old and it was a traumatic experience. I literally had nightmares because of it and cried at least twice reading it.

I stopped because it was too heavy to handle and came back years later when I was 17 and was finally able to handle its themes. Berserk was dark and inappropriate (for someone of my age) but it never displayed to me pedophilic or sadistic undertones

Made in Abyss main characters are drawn as cute kids and the exploitation of their bodies is just too blatant to ignore. It's a very uncomfortable series to read

• Who mentioned Berserk?

and well... I remember coming across finding out that people on Twitter have talked badly about Berserk.

I haven't read Berserk or watched the anime, but I know that Berserk is not for the fainted-hearted because of it's gore and stuff.

I watched Berserk. My Sister introduced me to it.

I think it’s a great anime.

Didn’t read the Manga tho, but it’s apparently better.

Yeah it had gore and some disturbing themes. But it’s nothing you wouldn’t see in Game of Thrones either.

I never saw anyone really criticizing it.

• I havent seen the anime or read manga, but many of the examples posted seems to be taken from the manga meanwhile the idols have only mentioned the anime? Assuming the anime adaptions are usally toned down from source material, it seems weird to bring up manga scenes that might not even be depicted in the anime (assuming thats the case, and i saw someone write the korean version is even more censored?)

Most of the people outraged also seems to never have watched any of it and are simply going by posts without much context posted online.

Tone, presentation and the context around it matters.

• I havent seen the anime or read manga, but many of the examples posted seems to be taken from the manga meanwhile the idols have only mentioned the anime? Assuming the anime adaptions are usally toned down from source material, it seems weird to bring up manga scenes that might not even be depicted in the anime (assuming thats the case, and i saw someone write the korean version is even more censored?)

Most of the people outraged also seems to never have watched any of it and are simply going by posts without much context posted online.

Tone, presentation and the context around it matters.

I'm just glad i'm not famous, as I don't think I could live in this world with all the criticism these people get. The standards fans hold the idols to is kinda crazy. Grown ass men who can't date, watch stuff for adults, or cuss.

Just for context this show is rated 12+ in Germany and TV-14 in the US. I think the idols are clearly old enough to watch and recommend something. It's up to the fans parents to gate keep what their children watch.

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

External Content www.youtube.com

• This thread contains 27 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!