ITZY Lia not participating in upcoming Album or World Tour + Solo song released

• Currently, Lia is experiencing tension and anxiety symptoms during her schedule. Following a medical diagnosis from a professional institution, she has been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder and is dedicating herself to treatment.

After thorough discussions with Lia herself and the other members, prioritizing her health recovery, it has been decided that Lia will not participate in the production of the new album in January 2024 and the world tour.

For fans who may be disappointed by this news, we plan to include Lia's solo track 'Blossom', which was prepared in advance, in the album. Today, we have released the lyric video for it. We ask for the warm support and love from all our fans.

JYP Fan's

• Disturbia

Changed the title of the thread from “ITZY Lia not participating in upcoming Album or World Tour” to “ITZY Lia not participating in upcoming Album or World Tour + Solo song released”.
  • External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• MIDZY that I miss. Hello this is Lia.

I’m delivering the news directly to our worried fans through this handwritten letter.

After much thought and consideration I will not be able to participate in the production of the new album and world tour, and I would like to spend more time to focusing in recovering my health.

For fans who’s disappointed I am releasing my solo track ‘Blossom’ along with the lyric video.

This is a song that contains my sincere feelings that I want to convey to my fans.

Our MIDZY, how are you all doing? I’m doing well in my own way =)

I promise you that I will be healthy enough to repay the support you gave us during the period when we can't be together and come back in a better shape!

Thank you for always believing and waiting.

2023.11.17 Lia

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Her mental health is worse than anticipated, her recovery is more important than anything.

• Sometimes im curious, why JYP GGs always have members in mental health issue? Thought JYP boasted about him treating his artisits well but the result is saying otherwise. Previously it was Mina and now Lia

Conversely, maybe JYP lets their artists be more open about it and be more open about admitting they need the time off?

MH issues, and admitting you have them and need time away to deal with them, are still somewhat taboo topics in SK society. Particularly in work culture.

I sometimes wonder how many other artists in other companies deal with some of these issues but are more less told to suck it up and stick through it, similar to what workers in other industries would be told.

It is a stressful, full on, fairly non stop industry with god awful working hours and sleep patterns. I am DEEPLY suspicious that other companies don't seem to have members taking time more often.

• Sometimes im curious, why JYP GGs always have members in mental health issue? Thought JYP boasted about him treating his artisits well but the result is saying otherwise. Previously it was Mina and now Lia

Maybe because they are willing to talk about it.

Denying mental health issues is prevalent in Korea, it's something that people do not talk about, maybe JYP system allows people to face their problems.

• True that some companies might not let their idols openly taking leaves like this. Applaud JYP for letting their idols take time off.

But on flip of coin, im also speculating that the main cause is JYP overworking their groups to the point some of them developed mental distress issues. We all know how JYP overworked Twice during their first few years and other groups too..

Overworking their idols to their physical and mental limits, twice was really overworked to their limits during 2017-2018, most idols wouldn't survive 2017-2018 twice work schedule, that company almost broke them. I hope some day kpop stans can put their hate aside and at least admire how resilient those girls were to survive jyp.

• even if it will be like Haseul's case, a long break then hopefully one day Lia will be back healthy and happy

External Content www.youtube.com

• Man jyp is fucking awful, feel sorry for every group who has to deal with them. Hope she can overcome this.

I think mental illness is in all companies in the industry. I mean I hate JYPE for a lot of reasons but they are the only top company I actually see taking mental illness seriously. They're one of the only major Kpop labels that even acknowledge it.

Nepo baby done with idol life.

Classy.

As for the other people in here making this a 'wonder why JYPE is the only company'...yeah must have forgotten about the several companies that have had suicides of their idols and others where 90% of their groups have been in drug scandals and had battles with mental illness during that time only for them to be buried by their companies.

Bad JYP. The reality is more than likely your faves have struggled with stress, anxiety or some form of mental illness over the last few years and it's even possible those other companies simply didn't provide them with correct help or support to take a break.

• Also for the main beef of the letter and release. I think stepping out of the tour is fine and pushing on. JYPE did this with other acts, though I think it would be better to maybe focus on solo pushes right now. The fans have been asking for it for a couple of years now and it make sense to not have a gap in their discog without Lia.

• I'm most of the time one of the first people to criticize how JYPE handles ITZY, but, for once, I think they did the right choice.

Lia needs her time to rest and recovery and It's good the agency is provicing all the support, while being transparent since the beginning to the fans they will be buying albums and tickets with her absence.

Unfortunately, I believe a lot of planning and scheduling, especially booking venues, are made in advance. And, for that matter, the group needs more songs as a group to generate a varied setlist in comparison to Checkmate that could justify they going on tour again.

I believe stopping everything would put more pressure on Lia to re-join the group, since she could feel guilty the other members' career would be stagnant.

"I'll live the rest of my life as a villain who will make the whole world tremble with fear". – Chrollo

tenor.gif

• Its so inspiration to put your health first over money and fame.

I wish her a happy, healthy recovery :borahae:

External Content youtu.be

• People here who praising Jyp for 'acknowledging' mental illness forgot that it all happen because of them. They're huge corporations that overwork their artists. If they care or acknowledge it, they wouldn't do that. Look at their artists' schedules. If they care and acknowledge mental illness, they will let Twice take one year hiatus and fully focus on individual schedule like most 3rd gen groups now. This year alone the girls already have 1 Kr cb and 1 Jp cb while also doing another tours.

In my opinions those idols' mental health conditions must be on the very lowest that make the company cannot doing anything except excuse them from any activities. Lia's physical health in the first place was not really good before she took this hiatus. Itzy members all have severe health problems from their crazy choreography that should be addressed quickly and need long rest. But did the company give them that? Nope. They're at the point where they are saying it's even hard for them to climbing the stairs without feel any pains.

• People here who praising Jyp for 'acknowledging' mental illness forgot that it all happen because of them. They're huge corporations that overwork their artists. If they care or acknowledge it, they wouldn't do that. Look at their artists' schedules. If they care and acknowledge mental illness, they will let Twice take one year hiatus and fully focus on individual schedule like most 3rd gen groups now. This year alone the girls already have 1 Kr cb and 1 Jp cb while also doing another tours.

In my opinions those idols' mental health conditions must be on the very lowest that make the company cannot doing anything except excuse them from any activities. Lia's physical health in the first place was not really good before she took this hiatus. Itzy members all have severe health problems from their crazy choreography that should be addressed quickly and need long rest. But did the company give them that? Nope. They're at the point where they are saying it's even hard for them to climbing the stairs without feel any pains.

Unfortunately thats the industry as a whole, especially these days with touring becoming a much bigger thing than it ever has been and so many groups all chomping at the same pie. It's probably going to get worse as demand escalates globally.

A 1 year hiatus, especially for groups supposedly teetering on the edge of "nugu" like Twice and Itzy supposedly are, is catastrophic.

We've all seen the toll it takes on artists, not just JYP artists. We all saw how constant touring and performing took its toll on Jennie (and the hatred she got over it). We've all seen artists from ALL companies look unhealthy, unwell, sick, in physical discomfort, way too thin etc but seem to just keep on keeping on.

I do genuinely think this is not an issue exclusive to JYP, nor do I think JYP really pushes their talent any harder than other companies (heck, NewJeans and Le Sserafim both seem busier and StayC seems to put out more comebacks this year as an example). There might be something in the WAY JYP pushes talent, or as I said earlier it could be that JYP is very much the only company the actually acknowledges their talents issues more openly.

It's really all just speculation and its honestly a little weird that some people almost attribute malice or nefarious actions from companies (JYP in this instance). As if JYP himself twirls his mustache, laughs an evil laughs and forces the girls to work, work, work despite their cries.

Unfortunately, I believe a lot of planning and scheduling, especially booking venues, are made in advance. And, for that matter, the group needs more songs as a group to generate a varied setlist in comparison to Checkmate that could justify they going on tour again.

Also this

The world tour would have been in planning for months before we heard a thing. Venues booked, contracts done, fee's paid, other talent (dancers, live bands etc) booked and rehearsed etc. Its not just a matter of "A member cant do it right now, lets push everything back a few months". Not without significant costs.

And the World Tour is very likely based on the new comeback. If the new album is called "Lets get spanky" than the world tour is probably going to be the "Lets get spanky" tour and planning already very much underway with that sound, design, costuming etc. So the album can't get pushed back either without significantly impacting the tour.

It's extremely unfortunate timing that Lia has had this happen to tour before the new album and tour, but to use a showbiz term, unfortunately "The Show must go on". Because the Show was probably well underway in planning before this all came up and unfortunately the Show costs money and there are legalties, costs, contracts etc are, in a corporate sense, just as important to keep in mind.

• 1. Lol. This is Twice and Itzy lol. They have selling more than million. Who cares about chart when their fans are there. Twice is at Bp level. They can afford to have really laid back schedule like Bp and still selling out everything they put out. Itzy is already a 4 year old group with solid fanbase. Even 6 months hiatus wouldn't hurt them, they're not competing with the top gg anyway anymore. They're not nugu from small company.

2. Yes, again this happen to the whole industry. So? Still didn't understand the praise Jyp get over this. Jennie have a lot of free time because of Bp schedule. You talking about newly debuted group Nj and Lsf who obviously still need to promote actively? But then both of them have 2 cb this year just like Itzy and Twice. But Itzy last year suprisingly were more active than these rookies. They have 2 Korean cb while releasing 2 Japan single while having a tour too. Is not it crazy? Twice finally have normal 2 cb last year like most groups after their contract renewal 🫠.

3. This is not an issues exclusive to Jyp but giving statement about their artists hiatus over mental didn't change a fact that they also didn't care about it at all. Again what to praise when they technically didn't care too like everyone else. Did they even do anything to help their artists mentally? Got7 jb came out about having depression and panic disorder for years and was only diagnosed after leaving jyp which means the company didn't really have good facility to cater this issues. It seems like as long as their artists didn't broken directly in front of them, they will not do anything about it. Hiatus indicates that those idols definitely going through harsh episodes that the company see in front of their eyes before asking for professional help. It's really fake you know. They look like they care because of that kind of announcement but they didn't do anything about it.

4. Hybe for example, not to praise them but they hired professional psychiatry for their idols and trainees. It's easy to know it works and they doing it well when for example I have read that one of the Enhypen members know he developed anxiety when they debut because he feel overwhelmed with his popularity and what people said. Yet he talking about how he gain his confident back. This is why consistent therapy is really important for idols and why company need to have professional psychiatry.

• Overworking their idols to their physical and mental limits, twice was really overworked to their limits during 2017-2018, most idols wouldn't survive 2017-2018 twice work schedule, that company almost broke them. I hope some day kpop stans can put their hate aside and at least admire how resilient those girls were to survive jyp.

I applaud mina for continuing with Twice despite the mental health issue she had. Glad that she took time off and comeback in better condition. (She is the only member i really care in Twice anyway)

BUT, jyp still sucks for overworking their groups

• It makes no sense how people call JYP progressive for letting their idols take breaks after they've completely and utterly run them into the ground

Just a side note, all Big 4 companies have therapists. Jyp's have a very spotty reputation as Jae from Day6 said his therapist tried to gaslight him as the reason for all his problems

BLɅϽKPIИKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKA

d0be49590cd653400f491d4e92f0b5d82155e223.webp0686f56fbdf2b311900a9b1d35ebeb45486cbecf.webp67079a1df7aa8cb99ba773c7f5a82e1e36b586c7.webp

• This thread contains 2 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!