can we agree that bornpink tour is a disappoinment

• like who tf is the creative director, literally nothing about it is creative. the only great thing is that the girls is performing.

for a big scale concert with massive audience, everything about it is boring. from the stage layout, the visual during performances, the lack of surprise element except for the firework at the end. not to mention the screen is way to small for a stadium with 80k capacity like on their Thailand and Jakarta stop.

if you compare with other group like gidle and twice tour, born pink is lacking a lot. just look at this

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

the stage decoration for twice concert look more grand and exciting to look at. blackpink stage decoration is literally.. nothing except for the V stage thingy that can go up and down 😭

atleast we got encore but imagine all the stadium tour in SEA. the audience deserve the same experiance too.

edit: another example that you can actually compare is Beyonce and Taylor recent tour. Look at how grand the stage, the layout, with all the surprise element. While bornpink look like this

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

mind you, all of them are having a stadium tour with 50k+ capacity

• girlgroupstan21

Changed the title of the thread from “can we agree that born pink is.. a disappoinment” to “can we agree that bornpink tour is a disappoinment”.
  • It could have been better but calling it boring is a huge stretch lmao

External Content x.com

can u mention anything exciting to look at on the stage other than the girls ?

• anyway this is all about the creative director (the stage layout decoration etc) nothing have to do with the girl’s stage presence. BP did their best and everyone enjoying their performances

Can you give an example of BPs? I remember seeing some videos but they looked fine but I don’t remember well so I could be wrong.

• External Content x.com

Ah yeah that’s shit but that can’t be the only stage for the whole performance just one or so songs right

• Ah yeah that’s shit but that can’t be the only stage for the whole performance just one or so songs right

External Content youtu.be

atleast theres some fire on the background

• It's not just the Bornpink tour

I went to the "Blackpink in your area world tour" when they came to Paris

And if it wasn't the girl giving everything on stage and the crowd being on fire, the concert would have been very monotone

On a creative note alone, i wouldn't consider this concert one of my best

the visual effects had nothing crazy to praise

I remember also seeing some visual effects who didn't fit the song at all, i remember there was some kind of "psychedelic" effect on the screen at one point when they were singing to " As if it's your last" and my friends and me were like wtf is that, why they didn't put a visual effect who reminds people the iconic Column which appear in the MV

I thought YG was just lazy this day because it was in 2019 and Blackpink wasn't as big than they are now but some of the feedback who went to the concert and the pictures i saw makes me think that YG is just lazy and their creative performance director suck

YG should really thanks the girls to give everything on stage everytime they perform a song and the fans to always bring the same energy because the tour wasn't a success thanks to him

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• External Content youtu.be

atleast theres some fire on the background

I think their performance is good enough where I wouldn’t call it a boring stage but definitely not creative but not really BP fault much at all.

• External Content x.com

And this is why people who didn't go don't need to talk

The props for Born Pink were rotating and different acts had different sets.

I think the only part of the show that was "bare" were towards the end and the encores

Kpop groups only really put that much effort for opening or closing of tours. I guarantee idle isn't taking all that with them for their world tour because it's just not logistically or economically practical. Blackpink's set up was pretty normal from my experience cuz twice had the same set up for their concert here despite it being a stadium and bps only being an arena

There's a reason why it was during the encore tour when the shows were spaced out and the venues were large that stage tech improved a ton

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

Edited once, last by DaisyTheGenuine ().

• its actually weird to think considering BP have one of the most creative and expensive and music video catalogue but somehow the whole concert tour look so normal except for their encore

• I think encores were amazing, since coachella I mean, I really liked it. But the rest yeah they could have done better

But please what is this red stage, my eyes hurt, literally so childish and soo much is goin on, I don't like that

• its actually weird to think considering BP have one of the most creative and expensive and music video catalogue but somehow the whole concert tour look so normal except for their encore

I actually think that it wasn't very obvious in 2018-2019 because very few Groups were touring

but now that we get to see more Girlgroups touring

we see G-idle with crazy stage

aespa using AI stuff and playing guitar

etc...

the lack of effort that YG put in blackpink concert end up more obvious

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• when you have BP music and BP members on stage

what stage? oh i didn`t notice, BP was there

But if you need the fillings, maybe you are not getting fill up with the artist

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• G-Idle's Chicago stage did not look like that.

• Yes. The girls clearly called in most of the performances in and everything is extremely low effort. Blinks will keep eating it up though. They've been making excuses since day one...well in all honesty I have been making excuses with them until this past year or so when I just had enough.

Taylor Swift and Beyoncé had amazing staging. Heck even The Weekend. And they can kick any k pop groups ass live 😘

• I really just can't believe this tour has been over for nearly 2 months and you guys still invented new bullshit to nitpick about :pepe-just-smile:

sending my thoughts and well wishes to whatever girl group gets the nonstop "disappointed expert" opinions next.

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• Taylor Swift and Beyoncé had amazing staging. Heck even The Weekend. And they can kick any k pop groups ass live 😘

Wut? You're kidding right. They couldnt last 10 minutes trying to dance any of the idol choreos lol.

Bey has an amazing voice and Tay has the best discography of any local in the 21st century but no way to this lol.

• Wut? You're kidding right. They couldnt last 10 minutes trying to dance any of the idol choreos lol.

Bey has an amazing voice and Tay has the best discography of any local in the 21st century but no way to this lol.

Taylor can't

Beyonce can, will and does

• 100. Yes.

Asserting Beyonce can't last dancing 10 minutes worth of idol dancing has got to be the weirdest take I've ever read on this site. Like, I'm thinking it must have been a joke.

Top scholars are still debating whether blackpinkhouse is serious, delusional or joking in most of his posts

Inconclusive results

• Wut? You're kidding right. They couldnt last 10 minutes trying to dance any of the idol choreos lol.

Taylor’s concerts last 3 hours and more. I know damn your ass well didn’t talk about Beyoncé’s performances when she’s eating up y’all favs.

Do you even know Beyoncé and you’re too old

• I went to one of the concerts, and their stage presence and performance ability made there to be no need for over-the-top stage design. Of course it wouldn't have been a bad thing to have more to their staging, but it was a great concert.

• The tour generated $163m usd in revenue. I don’t care if the girls all dressed up as muppet characters and sang while in garbage cans - the tour was a huge success and not disappointing. This is a business. If the girls toured again next year they will generate the same fan support and makes tons of $$$. No one at YG views the tour as disappointing.

Edited 3 times, last by Polarize ().

• I mean, I went to one of the stops on the tour.

Proof:

External Content www.youtube.com

I did not feel like I was getting a cheaply presented show. Quite honestly, the stages being too over the top can sometimes even detract from the live concert experience, where I'd just rather see the idols sing and dance and put on the best stages they can with their performance.

BP did it well enough, and their live band was fire too.

And I think it's safe to say I have no motivation to white knight BlackPink for fear of their reputation getting tarnished.

This is such a dumb mentality I’m sorry. It just sounds like coping. The lack of creativity and laziness of YG has nothing to do with BP really especially when it comes to designing a stage for their concert.

• This thread contains 9 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!