Le Sserafim might not be number 1 now, but they will be in the long run

• Let me put it really simply. If blackpink members don't renew (and I hope they do since they release bangers but you can't deny the chances are there), then blinks need to flock somewhere. Which current 4th gen gg is the most like blackpink in terms of aura and power and music?

Not Ive, not Newjeans, but LSRFM.

• Go to Best Answer
  • Blinks will go to babymoster, just like BlackJacks became blinks.

Some laud blinks will protest and claim they never will support YG groups again, just like some blackjacks did.

They complain about YG, but at the end, the majority like the YG sound, so they will be there.

• I think you're really on to something here.

Blinks.. are huge in numbers.

some will go to Twice, Ive, Njeans, babemon etc, BUT... SOME Will come over to Le sserafim- who is arguably the best group ever in the eyes of many.

the girls are already on a successful tour, and the void left by blackpink's disbandment will be filled with leniverse content.

question is .. do you want blinks to go over? they'll really change the dynamic of fearnots.

fearnots are more chill and laidback .. i havent encountered one toxic fearnot yet.

• As it goes with the biggest groups, there is always a healthy percentage of success stans. So my guess is New Jeans. HYBE has chosen their favourite grandchild. They are getting all the investment, the heavy play-listing, the "why are you so awesome?" TV interviews.

That makes me a little bit apprehensive about Le Sserafim's future because if HYBE decide they're taking too many of NJ's potential fans - guess who'll get put on hiatus.

If they're lucky and manage to swerve that massive obstacle, I'm still not sure, The problem is they sound very similar to existing artists with big followings. Blackpink don't sound like anyone else (except 2NE1 which only bothers Blackjacks) while still sounding westernized. I think Le Ssera could absolutely take that spot but they need luck and they need a better strategy (more singing for their singers would be a good start).

• That makes me a little bit apprehensive about Le Sserafim's future because if HYBE decide they're taking too many of NJ's potential fans - guess who'll get put on hiatus.

This is basically one of my concerns right now. I'm sure that SouMou is somewhat irked by Newjeans sudden success and I don't think they expected it. Didn't newjeans debut get preponed because of the Garam scandal?

Still there is a lot of time for LSRFM to grow to NWJN height. The biggest advantage of Le Sserafim is how different their vibe/music is from New Jeans. Source Music needs to stick to Le Sserafims runway and fitness brand right now because that's what will save them from being overshadowed. The next comeback should be something that Newjeans can't do (runway model, high fashion, fitness aesthetic which is polar opposite to newjeans chill aesthetic). Something like Fearless, The Great Mermaid or Blue Flame. A lot of Le Sserafims future success is dependent on their next comeback.

• Even if all blinks get into lesserafim they will not be #1, blinks are not what makes bp the biggest girl group but their label support, blinks are barely bigger than onces what bp has is way bigger interest from people outside their fandom and 2 companies that will do anything for some success to mediaplay.

lesserafim have the biggest kpop company in their "side" but hybe is focused 100% in making newjeans grasp a portion of what made bts so huge on 2018-2020, lesserafim just had 2 very good eras and a group of members very interesting for kpop fans, they will not climb to the top just with that and a big fandom.

• I am worried about LSRFM's long term health. I know they're a lot more athletic than most GGs but they're still so darn thin, it's clear that they're doing all this intense choreo while also dieting like crazy. I dont want them to end up like poor Itzy.

Performance groups also dont capture GP's attention. WG, 2NE1, SNSD, BP, Twice, MMM, Ive, NJ, Aespa, Idle...none of them are known for spectacular high energy choreo, many of them are known for their vocals like SNSD, Aespa, MMM and Idle, others are known for their songs, image, beauty. But you aint finding a dance group in any of these tier 1+ acts. If LSRFM cant match their vocals or visuals or It Girl statuses, they're going to need a little bit of luck with songs.

A shame really, though i hate Bluebeard and find Unforgiven a decent but not great song, they had some FIRE B sides like Lamppost, Fire, and Flash Forward, it was the best overall album in Kpop this year.

• LSFM has so much potential to become the cooler, darker, edgier 4th gen GG they seemed to be aiming for last year. Their house-inspired sound and haunting downtempo songs seemed to be headed in a different direction than anyone else in K-Pop and I could see the BP meets Aespa parallels (in spirit and attitude, not sound.)

This year's release was a departure from that initial sound and concept and I'm a little concerned HYBE is going to mess up a great thing with inconsistent choices in production and songwriting. I also don't understand why they're holding off on fully promoting them in the West -- still doing Monday releases at this point??

I'm hoping 2024 is their year!

• LSRF won't reach their peak potential unless the other 3 members up their skills to be on par with Yunjin and Chaewon. I just have to say it.

Something I've noticed with IVE and New Jeans is that there is no big gap of talents between their members. What I mean by that is when you listen to their songs, there's this consistency and overall vibe with their songs that's hard to break. But when I listen to LSRF's songs, more than often that I get turn off by Kazuha/Sakura/Eunchae's vocals because the gap in skills with Chaewon and Yunjin are too big and it ruins the listening experience for me. I didn't realize this until Unforgiven when Kuzaha and Eunchae started to get more singing lines. Hybe really should do something about their vocals or just make Chaewon and Yunjin sing most of the songs.

• I am starting to form the opinion that visuals are all that matter long term. This is based on BPs and Twices success. Neither you would say are vocal groups. BP is you could say is a performance group, but Twice not so much although they definitely are professional. But both are stacked visually.

It really shouldn't be, but it is what it is.

If performance is what matters most, BM will win long term.

But if its visuals, its maybe not BM. Its hard to tell because BM will be so young on debut. It can go either way. Fromis9 were top tier cute on debut, but now are average visually for idols, and are doing average. While IU, a cute kid on debut, but is top tier visually now and is top tier in Korea.

• I am worried about LSRFM's long term health. I know they're a lot more athletic than most GGs but they're still so darn thin, it's clear that they're doing all this intense choreo while also dieting like crazy. I dont want them to end up like poor Itzy.

Performance groups also dont capture GP's attention. WG, 2NE1, SNSD, BP, Twice, MMM, Ive, NJ, Aespa, Idle...none of them are known for spectacular high energy choreo, many of them are known for their vocals like SNSD, Aespa, MMM and Idle, others are known for their songs, image, beauty. But you aint finding a dance group in any of these tier 1+ acts. If LSRFM cant match their vocals or visuals or It Girl statuses, they're going to need a little bit of luck with songs.

A shame really, though i hate Bluebeard and find Unforgiven a decent but not great song, they had some FIRE B sides like Lamppost, Fire, and Flash Forward, it was the best overall album in Kpop this year.

The fact that Flash Forward and EPATBW are on the same album is a marvel

• Was blackpink considered a visually stacked group? I feel like besides Jisoo none of the members were beloved for their visuals but for their personality/power/voice/presence. The same can happen for Le Sserafim, so loss of the visual members Garam and Minju doesn't have to be the end. They can very well follow Blackpinks footsteps.

• Was blackpink considered a visually stacked group? I feel like besides Jisoo none of the members were beloved for their visuals but for their personality/power/voice/presence. The same can happen for Le Sserafim, so loss of the visual members Garam and Minju doesn't have to be the end. They can very well follow Blackpinks footsteps.

BP is an all member visuals group. Koreans in general do not prefer the Lisa's aesthetics, but the rest of the world does. You could say almost the same with Twice. All visual members definitely at debut. But they are such a large group, that you can have one or two filler members.

Izone is an example of an almost all member visual, selected not elected group. If they were a permanent group, they would likely surpass BP and Twice in terms of touring at the 7 year mark.

• Best Answer

This is what I said earlier. In the end if you look at what Blackpink have got it is Le Sserafim to take their throne not I’ve or Njs. Both of these groups will get bored by gp for what their chill and kinda boring sound as for long term while Lsf maintain their group interest since they have the energetic vibe in them and their individual member brand

• This is what I said earlier. In the end if you look at what Blackpink have got it is Le Sserafim to take their throne not I’ve or Njs. Both of these groups will get bored by gp for what their chill and kinda boring sound as for long term while Lsf maintain their group interest since they have the energetic vibe in them and their individual member brand

This is the most unserious arguments among all. We have itzy that lose their throne while having that energetic vibe in them just like Lsf while having a huge hit in their rookie year. Then we have aespa too, while still doing very well on chart but unable to replicate their success with next level and savage while still having that not boring sounds. And you have nmixx that have all that energetic vibe but unable to capture the audiences attention.

This also can happen to Lsf and any other groups too. Lsf recent cb already unable to live up the expectations they leave after antifragile and didn't have that longevity of their past song have in the top 10. Gp wouldn't leave Ive and Nj just because kpop stans thought their songs will be boring in the future. They are land of trot music anyway. And outside of kpop, people love a very chill and easy listening songs more than a heavy noisy one. Why do you think those western artists always have a hit while having a very chill sounds? People only leave when the group simply unable to produce a good songs anymore.

• As it goes with the biggest groups, there is always a healthy percentage of success stans. So my guess is New Jeans. HYBE has chosen their favourite grandchild. They are getting all the investment, the heavy play-listing, the "why are you so awesome?" TV interviews.

That makes me a little bit apprehensive about Le Sserafim's future because if HYBE decide they're taking too many of NJ's potential fans - guess who'll get put on hiatus.

If they're lucky and manage to swerve that massive obstacle, I'm still not sure, The problem is they sound very similar to existing artists with big followings. Blackpink don't sound like anyone else (except 2NE1 which only bothers Blackjacks) while still sounding westernized. I think Le Ssera could absolutely take that spot but they need luck and they need a better strategy (more singing for their singers would be a good start).

what are you on?

LSF literally has BangPD influence.

LSF has the most variety shows in 4 gen ggs, Eunchae has MC position as well

Also, Yunjin has their own solo songs :skull:

as iF ADOR and Source are two different labels

you can just say that ADOR is more competent than Source ...

• This is the most unserious arguments among all. We have itzy that lose their throne while having that energetic vibe in them just like Lsf while having a huge hit in their rookie year. Then we have aespa too, while still doing very well on chart but unable to replicate their success with next level and savage while still having that not boring sounds. And you have nmixx that have all that energetic vibe but unable to capture the audiences attention.

This also can happen to Lsf and any other groups too. Lsf recent cb already unable to live up the expectations they leave after antifragile and didn't have that longevity of their past song have in the top 10. Gp wouldn't leave Ive and Nj just because kpop stans thought their songs will be boring in the future. They are land of trot music anyway. And outside of kpop, people love a very chill and easy listening songs more than a heavy noisy one. Why do you think those western artists always have a hit while having a very chill sounds? People only leave when the group simply unable to produce a good songs anymore.

cause why would I listen to kpop if I have everything I wanted in western music already while I don't have to look up the translation to know what they mean and well the meaning is bs anw (and overall their vocal also suck). For kpop I want smth fun, sth unique that I can't have in western music or at least hard to find.

• right lsf is literally BangPD's grandchild, if anything he want lsf to be more success like his first child bts

• cause why would I listen to kpop if I have everything I wanted in western music already while I don't have to look up the translation to know what they mean and well the meaning is bs anw (and overall their vocal also suck). For kpop I want smth fun, sth unique that I can't have in western music or at least hard to find.

Notice what you wrote there? WHY I- exactly, not everyone are like you. That's so simple. If everyone are like you then Ive and Nj will never even become a huge force at all now. Lots of people not even a fans of kpop to begin with, so what they want is not kpop sounds but easy listening and enjoyable songs. These both groups in the top right now is exactly the prove of this. And language is a weird barrier to say about music especially when not everyone speak in English. A lot portion of people will still find a translation for themselves even for an English songs. Please see outside of your bubble.

Their songs too especially Nj doing really well everywhere and Nj even doing much better than Lsf in Japan without any Japanese members already says a lot. Why people still listen to kpop then? Because of preferences, concept, styling, visual and contents. You also don't get this from the western artists. And also if the songs is a hit, it will always a hit in every languages.

And for vocal? Yeah that's even weirder for you to say this. As you said, their vocal sucks and lots of kpop groups including lsf sing outside of their range with random high note here and there. So, you technically love groups that sounds not good because they sang outside of their range? That's on you then.

• Notice what you wrote there? WHY I- exactly, not everyone are like you. That's so simple. If everyone are like you then Ive and Nj will never even become a huge force at all now. Lots of people not even a fans of kpop to begin with, so what they want is not kpop sounds but easy listening and enjoyable songs. These both groups in the top right now is exactly the prove of this. And language is a weird barrier to say about music especially when not everyone speak in English. A lot portion of people will still find a translation for themselves even for an English songs. Please see outside of your bubble.

Their songs too especially Nj doing really well everywhere and Nj even doing much better than Lsf in Japan without any Japanese members already says a lot. Why people still listen to kpop then? Because of preferences, concept, styling, visual and contents. You also don't get this from the western artists. And also if the songs is a hit, it will always a hit in every languages.

And for vocal? Yeah that's even weirder for you to say this. As you said, their vocal sucks and lots of kpop groups including lsf sing outside of their range with random high note here and there. So, you technically love groups that sounds not good because they sang outside of their range? That's on you then.

don't end me like that

• This thread contains 2 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!