How poor was BIGHIT on 2016? TXT trainee stories are getting terrifying

• Taehyun and hueningkai almost....gone. I know Bighit was poor before, but not to this extent.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The mushroom in vocal room

F6i7oRIaUAA3pNU.jpgF6i7oNzbsAAWRHx.jpgF6i7oP4aYAAA7Zi.jpg

Screenshot_20230922_164139_Chrome.jpg

• Older trainees aren't the nicest people in Bighit. Age hierarchy=power tripping

Screenshot_20230922_164603_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230922_164615_Chrome.jpg

• I knew things weren't great back then, but it's kind of shocking to hear that the situation was legitimately life threatening at times pepe-ooh

And the fact that they were being bullied by the older trainees through all of that... :pepe-sad:

• External Content twitter.com

• I won't survive as trainee. Getting abused mentally and physically in poor environment :pepe-puddle:

• MoaTaglist

• Now imagine if Bighit was able to receive funds from the Privilege Tax i talked about in the other thread. Imagine your faves suffering through these horrific conditions while other favored groups were basking in luxury with entire bedrooms to themselves, fully airconditioned state of the art dance studios, etc etc.

Nah, Bts didn't need that. They built a huge empire by themselves without any help of whatever nonsense tax you talking about.

Beside, why giving to money to entertainment industry? They should give that to poor students that want to continue their studies not those idols who didn't think first before signing their contract.

• I knew things weren't great back then, but it's kind of shocking to hear that the situation was legitimately life threatening at times pepe-ooh

And the fact that they were being bullied by the older trainees through all of that... :pepe-sad:

The real life Survival Show. No camera, no fans cheering, no fancy room, no fancy foods, no netizens who will punish the bullies. They only have a dream while enduring the pains.

• Now imagine if Bighit was able to receive funds from the Privilege Tax i talked about in the other thread. Imagine your faves suffering through these horrific conditions while other favored groups were basking in luxury with entire bedrooms to themselves, fully airconditioned state of the art dance studios, etc etc.

You’re pushing your communist agenda here too?

:teeheek:

• The real life Survival Show. No camera, no fans cheering, no fancy room, no fancy foods, no netizens who will punish the bullies. They only have a dream while enduring the pains.

Even if trainees don’t join a survival show, they’re going to get one either way and it’s likely going to be worse… no bonus publicity and luxury to come with all the hardships… it’s horrifying to think about, that a lot of idols have gone through this kind of harsh treatment :pepe-sad:

It’s probably less likely in smaller companies (just like BH was), but I hope that perhaps the state of training has better treatment nowadays.

• The real life Survival Show. No camera, no fans cheering, no fancy room, no fancy foods, no netizens who will punish the bullies. They only have a dream while enduring the pains.

Yup and this happens daily to 99% of the idols out there especially all of the nugu idols and the ones they are training or debuting from small agencies. Now yes most of this never happens to new idols from the big 3 agencies as they have the resources to have multiple studios and clean and safe environments. But not everyone started out with that. There's a big reason soo many people goto sm entertainment or jyp/ YG stuff like this! Plus the higher chance to debut, now think of going through all that hell at some small agency and still don't debut 💀 now you see why soo many idols want to jump in the han river. That's just the usual nonsense we aren't even talking about the saseangs and crazy shit yet.

• You’re pushing your communist agenda here too?

:teeheek:

😂 it's not w communist agenda. There was a time kpop thrived because of government intervention. KPOP was seen as soft power influence so the government directly funded. This act was similar to how important Samsung is to the country. This is one reason the big 3 were soo well established. Once kpop took off and many other agencies cropped up the government incentive to fund everyone of them died down as now this industry is self sustainable. Now there's still government involvement just look at the jambuuri fiasco and the busan bts concert thing. Government still has a big role when alot of the agencies shareholders are government. Alot of agencies atlest 10% of their stock is owned by the government pension fund. So real everyday people's retirement funds in some cases are on the line with kpop.

• MoaTaglist

my tubas, please always be happy :holding-back-tears:

• 😂 it's not w communist agenda. There was a time kpop thrived because of government intervention. KPOP was seen as soft power influence so the government directly funded. This act was similar to how important Samsung is to the country. This is one reason the big 3 were soo well established. Once kpop took off and many other agencies cropped up the government incentive to fund everyone of them died down as now this industry is self sustainable. Now there's still government involvement just look at the jambuuri fiasco and the busan bts concert thing. Government still has a big role when alot of the agencies shareholders are government. Alot of agencies atlest 10% of their stock is owned by the government pension fund. So real everyday people's retirement funds in some cases are on the line with kpop.

Congratulations Korea lol

Anyway, I was referring to BPH’s thread and people joked about him wanting to bring back communism.

• Specifically, their manager. It was in 2015. There is a clip from their season's greetings where the manager raises his hands against Jungkook and he flinches.

Isn't JK still minor too at that time? Doing that to a kid.... it scares me how bad would be they were behind the camera :pepe-shame:

I guess bighit did big change after that. At least in current bighit, I know how Soobin always saying grateful for being surrounded by nice people. Kind members, nice staffs, great hyungs, they're in better working environment now :pepe-onions:

• I guess before 2017 is the worst year for everyone in bighit :pepe-puddle:

Howdyyy johnny :pepelove1: I'm growing mushroom in another forum.

well 2018 might be the worse year for bighit but anyways

howddyyy naka it's night time and where are you growing these mushroom ??? :dancer:

"Out of all the languages he could've spoken, He chose to speak facts"

• No wonder yeonjun think yoongi's bucket of fried chicken as core memory. if i live like that i'd treat yoongi like buddha himself

Yes, they said Jin hyung also sometimes buy them food, such a life safer because no way the staff will take away foods from their hyung.

There was also time when they buy a can of cola, they mixed it with water so it would enough for 5 people....

• Yup and this happens daily to 99% of the idols out there especially all of the nugu idols and the ones they are training or debuting from small agencies. Now yes most of this never happens to new idols from the big 3 agencies as they have the resources to have multiple studios and clean and safe environments. But not everyone started out with that. There's a big reason soo many people goto sm entertainment or jyp/ YG stuff like this! Plus the higher chance to debut, now think of going through all that hell at some small agency and still don't debut 💀 now you see why soo many idols want to jump in the han river. That's just the usual nonsense we aren't even talking about the saseangs and crazy shit yet.

or maybe companies who can't afford the bare minimum human living requirements for their trainees shouldn't have trainees at all? some of these companies' founders should literally be detained for this abuse and endangerment they put literal children through. get up on that stage and dance on your own if you want to make money with minimal expenses.

• If this was how it was in 2016, the time when Bighit was finally making money from Wings, I wonder how bad it was in 2010 when BTS started

Pretty bad. Some of these idols legit made their agency. What BTS did for bighit was the same thing infinite did for woollim ENT. Infinite had similar experiences but slightly better. When they started they actually lived with their CEO at his house. He initially spent every dime on the agency including selling his car.

• because one of them was caught almost slapping JK in 2016 and also hello Naka it's has been ages. :mvbee:

Should make a reality series called revenge of the idol. Go find old staff bring them back to meet their now adult idols. Jungkook is now a big muscular guy he would likely flatten the person that used to hit him. Maybe closure happens when you get back the people that used to treat you wrong?

• or maybe companies who can't afford the bare minimum human living requirements for their trainees shouldn't have trainees at all? some of these companies' founders should literally be detained for this abuse and endangerment they put literal children through. get up on that stage and dance on your own if you want to make money with minimal expenses.

True but unfortunately without that risk BTS and many other favs people have wouldn't exist today alot of these groups or companies were a risky idea done on a shoe string budget, doesn't excuse what happened, just pointing out you wouldn't have what you have today without it unfortunately.

• I wouldn't make it as a trainee. My goodness, that takes so much fortitude and patience! I always admire athletes and performers who can go through such a grueling journey to reach their goal.

My autistic ass cannot follow rules if they don't make sense to me. I really struggle with not being defiant, then I'll have a rage meltdown at some point, then that triggers my C-PTSD, and unfortunately my survival mode response is usually fight. So I'd get my ass kicked out of training within a day, having gotten into a screaming match or physical fight with somebody because I was in ragey panic mode.

And this is why I now work for myself and am not a wealthy performer. ;(

• True but unfortunately without that risk BTS and many other favs people have wouldn't exist today alot of these groups or companies were a risky idea done on a shoe string budget, doesn't excuse what happened, just pointing out you wouldn't have what you have today without it unfortunately.

It's true that some of big companies started from the bottom. And of course if their dorm and company buiding condition are bad, simply because they had no budget to afford luxury stuff, sadly it can't be help for those. I guess the biggest problem in general is about trainee bullying and abusive staffs which could be happen in small or big companies.

And that electricity wires, gosh...no matter how poor the company, they should be fix that first. :suure:

• Should make a reality series called revenge of the idol. Go find old staff bring them back to meet their now adult idols. Jungkook is now a big muscular guy he would likely flatten the person that used to hit him. Maybe closure happens when you get back the people that used to treat you wrong?

I guess BTS has long list, not only their staffs, but a whole entertainment industry who ever mistreating them before?

• Should make a reality series called revenge of the idol. Go find old staff bring them back to meet their now adult idols. Jungkook is now a big muscular guy he would likely flatten the person that used to hit him. Maybe closure happens when you get back the people that used to treat you wrong?

UNCENSORED FGC Debate ft. Maximilian Dood, SonicFox, RobTV, Brian F, iDom,  Rushdown, and Art! - YouTube

"Out of all the languages he could've spoken, He chose to speak facts"

• It's true that some of big companies started from the bottom. And of course if their dorm and company buiding condition are bad, simply because they had no budget to afford luxury stuff, sadly it can't be help for those. I guess the biggest problem in general is about trainee bullying and abusive staffs which could be happen in small or big companies.

And that electricity wires, gosh...no matter how poor the company, they should be fix that first. :suure:

Unfortunately the bullying or abusive staff can happen to o anyone anywhere regardless of job or the income level of the company. Why? Because people suck and unfortunately we aren't perfect either we aren't Superman, there's a myrid of reasons why we sometimes miss the signs of abuse and why sometimes victims don't report it etc or mitigating factors ie punishment,jail etc doesn't always deter these behaviors. There's no magic bullet to fixing that. I bet you to this day bullying etc happens even in HYBE but they are just now better wt recognizing and getting rid of those people, you can't 100% get rid of it completely because nobody is perfect and unfortunately nor will you always stop it in time before something happens.

• This thread contains 3 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!