Lia of ITZY on Hiatus due to Anxiety

• Hopefully she can rest and get better at her own pace.

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Teudungi21

Changed the title of the thread from “Lia of ITZY on Hiatus due to Aniexty” to “Lia of ITZY on Hiatus due to Anxiety”.
  • External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I remember some Midzys talking about Lia being not her usual self recently. Well it looks like their premonitions or worries have come to pass. This reminds me a lot of Mina and Jeongyeon's extended hiatus, the translation is already saying that this will be a long one.

• interesting

it seems the silver lining is that at least she is getting professional help this time whereas previously it was all ust intermittent rest

• Don't underestimate the physical toll their hard choreo can take, especially when combined with little rest.

Ryujin:

External Content twitter.com

Now Lia:

• Even if it's not a comeback period, Jyp always makes Itzy work all the time. They all need to rest now. 1-month promotions were a lot in Korea. Usually groups don't promote for more than 2 weeks, this isn't their rookie season anymore. That's why it's very normal for Lia to have an anxiety disorder. I wish good health to Lia. :green-heart:

Yeah I’m sure ITZY would love not to work. That would be great for them! Fact is if the company gives them too little work the fans bitch about neglect and mismanagement if they give they a lot of work they bitch about overworking. Fans don’t know what they want and you can’t please everyone.

• On the recent fansigns, fans noticed she has backpain and looked very uncomfortable. Also, she and Charyeong are the most hated members, so I can understand why she needs some rest. I just hope she doesn't leave

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。 I just wanna continue my pace ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。

• Yeah I’m sure ITZY would love not to work. That would be great for them! Fact is if the company gives them too little work the fans bitch about neglect and mismanagement if they give they a lot of work they bitch about overworking. Fans don’t know what they want and you can’t please everyone.

Personally, I think Jyp still mismanagment to Itzy. Itzy haven't minimalist concept earlier. I try too like Itzy new concept style but i really don't liked their concept anymore. Itzy's concept photos used to be very colorful and unique in debut era's. The title songs are not chosen to the quality they were in their debut period. I feel like their songs have been taken backwards. Even though I like Itzy's funky concept, I would like to see it in a different style of concept and song type. I even thought it would have been better if they had chosen None Of My Bussines as the title song for this CB. Because it was the first time Itzy had tried this type chill summer song. I listened to None of My Bussines more than Cake.

• Personally, I think Jyp still mismanagment to Itzy. Itzy haven't minimalist concept earlier. I try too like Itzy new concept style but i really don't liked their concept anymore. Itzy's concept photos used to be very colorful and unique in debut era's. The title songs are not chosen to the quality they were in their debut period. I feel like their songs have been taken backwards. Even though I like Itzy's funky concept, I would like to see it in a different style of concept and song type. I even thought it would have been better if they had chosen None Of My Bussines as the title song for this CB. Because it was the first time Itzy had tried this type chill summer song.

I don’t like some groups music that doesn’t mean they are mismanaged just that they aren’t for me. You don’t really have to like every group.

• How is letting Lia take a break an example of bad treatment? An example of bad treatment would be the exact opposite.

I forgot that asking a company stan to think a little bit is asking too much.

They have been constantly complaining about the company for 2 years, just a few days ago they revealed that they had physical damage from their old choreography, now it is Lia who has to stop because of anxiety problems.

But as usual everything is fine. Because JYP took care of Lia by allowing her to stop... if they had really taken care of her they would have acted well before, an anxiety problem doesn't start overnight.

• finally

all ITZY should get like 2 month holiday without any cameras and schedules

External Content www.youtube.com

• I forgot that asking a company stan to think a little bit is asking too much.

They have been constantly complaining about the company for 2 years, just a few days ago they revealed that they had physical damage from their old choreography, now it is Lia who has to stop because of anxiety problems.

But as usual everything is fine. Because JYP took care of Lia by allowing her to stop... if they had really taken care of her they would have acted well before, an anxiety problem doesn't start overnight.

It’s funny. I frequently criticize JYPE especially for their shit promotion, lazy designs, and out of trend music but I’m a company Stan? Interesting. Kpop is meant to have difficult dances. It’s shit but every group has those dances. I do agree Itzys are particularly hard and the members should complain but this is similar to all groups. Hell ask any long term dancer and they will tell you the physical toll it takes on the body. It’s part of what you sign up for when you become an idol. Ask boy group members who frequently have hard as fuck dances that require probable knee surgery later in life. It’s a problem but it kinda comes with the job.

But anyways you don’t really know me or my opinion on JYP and the fact you call me a company Stan when I have frequently called out JYPs lazy as promotion of his groups is proof of that.

• Kpop is meant to have difficult dances. It’s shit but every group has those dances. I do agree Itzys are particularly hard and the members should complain but this is similar to all groups. Hell ask any long term dancer and they will tell you the physical toll it takes on the body. It’s part of what you sign up for when you become an idol. Ask boy group members who frequently have hard as fuck dances that require probable knee surgery later in life. It’s a problem but it kinda comes with the job.

The fact that ITZY is physically damaged because of the choreographies is not due to the difficulty or the job, it is due to the fact that the company constantly pushes them to the limit physically by imposing very strict diets on them, few sleep and making them work too much. There are high-level athletes who do physical activities that are much more demanding than dancing and whose bodies are not as damaged even though they are 40 years old. But young girls who are under 25 and who are already physically affected, that it is completely normal ...

• I don’t like some groups music that doesn’t mean they are mismanaged just that they aren’t for me. You don’t really have to like every group.

It's not about the just music. I still listen to their some music, but nothing they do is definitely fresh anymore. I used to listen to Twice back in the day. Even it's not my favorite group. But it doesn't make you want to listen to new style songs now. They use a very white, very minimalist concept. Look at the concepts of More & More era and now. There's really a big difference.

I watched Itzy documentaries. Jyp was literally insulting Lia. Even though Lia tried to agree with the boss, Jyp was definitely wrong. I don't remember him being as harsh on his other groups as Itzy was. I think he was even jealous of Itzy being popular. Because that's what I sensed from the way he spoke. I hope Lia only thinks about herself and doesn't give a care about any nonsense that Jyp says or anti's.

• The fact that ITZY is physically damaged because of the choreographies is not due to the difficulty or the job, it is due to the fact that the company constantly pushes them to the limit physically by imposing very strict diets on them, few sleep and making them work too much. There are high-level athletes who do physical activities that are much more demanding than dancing and whose bodies are not as damaged even though they are 40 years old. But young girls who are under 25 and who are already physically affected, that it is completely normal ...

it’s weird you came into this thread about how I said it was a good thing that she gets rest and claimed I said ITZY is treated perfectly, Something I have never said, I tell you that at least in this it is clear they aren’t being mistreated as they can at least go on a break. None of this is saying that JYPE isn’t too hard on them or that they don’t have a hard schedule. You came in here and made it about that something nobody said.

• It's not about the just music. I still listen to their some music, but nothing they do is definitely fresh anymore. I used to listen to Twice back in the day. Even it's not my favorite group. But it doesn't make you want to listen to new style songs now. They use a very white, very minimalist concept. Look at the concepts of More & More era and now. There's really a big difference.

I watched Itzy documentaries. Jyp was literally insulting Lia. Even though Lia tried to agree with the boss, Jyp was definitely wrong. I don't remember him being as harsh on his other groups as Itzy was. I think he was even jealous of Itzy being popular. Because that's what I sensed from the way he spoke. I hope Lia only thinks about herself and doesn't give a care about any nonsense that Jyp says or anti's.

When did this happen? =O=O=O Can you link the video clips?

• When did this happen? =O=O=O Can you link the video clips?

External Content www.youtube.com

Itzy has a documentary. I thought this documentary portrayed Itzy negatively. And frankly, I didn't like watching it very much. Yes, this may be reflecting the reality, but I think he reflects Itzy in a negative light.

• The reason why she was feeling tension and anxiety was related to the progression of her schedule. So It's obviously on the Company's incompetence to manage how their schedules are chosen, fixed and balanced with already existing schedules so they don't need to be overwhelmed by work.

Some of their schedules are pretty dumb and unless. Like, what the hell was Kcon LA? There's no point for a successful 4-year K-pop group who everyone on that venue already know all their lead songs and tour on the region for their fans to take a flight in the middle of Cake's promotions to perform there.

• External Content www.youtube.com

Itzy has a documentary. I thought this documentary portrayed Itzy negatively. And frankly, I didn't like watching it very much. Yes, this may be reflecting the reality, but I think he reflects Itzy in a negative light.

Some of the JYP apologists on TW and YT really need to soak this video in. Like really soak it in.

I'm talking about the ones that still claim that JYP has no authority in the company any more, that he gave up all his executive/supervisory powers when he "stepped down" from being the CEO of JYP, that the lackey he installed as the new CEO is supposedly his boss and runs the entire company, blah blah blah.

As long as the man trundles his ass into the building every day, he is 100 percent in charge. I have no doubt he has veto power and can overrule any decision that his alleged "bosses" make.

He probably means well, but boy oh boy, i can already feel that Korean ahjussi energy just steaming off of him like nasty body order. The poor girls. They need a REAL PRO to help them record their vocals, while JYP just locks himself in a room and churns out the hits. Like, i just had to roll my eyes at him whining about putting more "emotion" into his song, i mean i really like Bet on Me, but this is a DANCE song for Kpop, JYP be acting like he just wrote a Les Miserable tearjerker like On My Own or I Dream a Dream omg.

• The reason why she was feeling tension and anxiety was related to the progression of her schedule. So It's obviously on the Company's incompetence to manage how their schedules are chosen, fixed and balanced with already existing schedules so they don't need to be overwhelmed by work.

Some of their schedules are pretty dumb and unless. Like, what the hell was Kcon LA? There's no point for a successful 4-year K-pop group who everyone on that venue already know all their lead songs and tour on the region for their fans to take a flight in the middle of Cake's promotions to perform there.

It was a great idea to go to Kcon. Did you see how Cake was doing in the beginning?? It needed all the promo that song could get after coming back from Cheshire and Jyp knew that. I saw a lot of hype about Itzy during Kcon and it helped keep them in the spotlight while Cake was being promoted. And their performances were great at Kcon. Amazing promo for them.

• Teudungi21 Itzy suffer of mistreatment, dude. The massive weight lose of two members (Lia first and later Ryujin) and the issue of Yuna with the hip-pad is proof of this. That company is shit.

I think all groups deal with a certain amount of mistreatment. Extreme Diets and other things make that clear. The idol industry hell the Korean work culture itself is extremely toxic. So I have never ever made excuses for that. However, my point is that this is a good thing. This, allowing Lia to rest, is not an example of mistreatment. Thats not saying ITZY dont suffer that but the mistreatment that ITZY suffers is comparable to the general mistreatment prevalent in the Kpop industry. That doesnt make it right and it is shit of the company to do. But it's a shitty behavior that is perpetrated by the entire industry. So the problem isnt company specific but industry. This doesnt really matter of course as it means it is the company that is continuing to push it. So I would not say that itzy doesnt go through bad habits due to the company. I never said JYPE is good and have Called them out often.

• Im curious why for instance should we trust your word over say a very successful singer/producer that has been in the industry for decades at this point? I mean would ITZY even agree with the point you are making here? I do agree with you that JYP gets in his own way but does any of that matter when he does have seniority on his side and Koreans do take that seriously. So your word and the word of fans isnt going to mean much. I mean even the idols that have left the company still have nothing but love and still communicate regularly with JYP himself. So obviously he isnt completely shit to work with.

• It's not about the just music. I still listen to their some music, but nothing they do is definitely fresh anymore. I used to listen to Twice back in the day. Even it's not my favorite group. But it doesn't make you want to listen to new style songs now. They use a very white, very minimalist concept. Look at the concepts of More & More era and now. There's really a big difference.

I think kpop fans are too sensitive when it comes to their idols and honestly probably would be terrible at managing idols of their own if they worried to much about sounding nice or not criticizing their idols. Maybe that why a kpop fan has never successfully opened their own kpop company.

• It was a great idea to go to Kcon. Did you see how Cake was doing in the beginning?? It needed all the promo that song could get after coming back from Cheshire and Jyp knew that. I saw a lot of hype about Itzy during Kcon and it helped keep them in the spotlight while Cake was being promoted. And their performances were great at Kcon. Amazing promo for them.

Well, when they performed on Kcon LA, 'Cake' was already on the verge of a Top 20 on Melon and on a rise on the other charts due to the 3-week promo on music shows (which they comeback to promote a 4th after taking a flight back from LA to Korea). Meanwhile, the streams on Spotify didn't move a bit. If the promo was so great, why wasn't the western public streaming? I mean, they performed for them.

Also, 1 week before said event, Lia was already absent to a schedule (on the Closing Cerimony of the 2023 World Scout Jamboree) which shows she was already unwell and was in visible tension during Kcon Meet&Greet and was still pushed for 1 more week of promo later for Cake.

But anything for a Top 20-ish on the fruit app for the Agency, I guess? Hope the peeny got from it helps to pay at least half of a psychologist section.

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

• Im curious why for instance should we trust your word over say a very successful singer/producer that has been in the industry for decades at this point? I mean would ITZY even agree with the point you are making here? I do agree with you that JYP gets in his own way but does any of that matter when he does have seniority on his side and Koreans do take that seriously. So your word and the word of fans isnt going to mean much. I mean even the idols that have left the company still have nothing but love and still communicate regularly with JYP himself. So obviously he isnt completely shit to work with.

You can say the same thing about LSM lol

JYP has been called out from ex-artists for being extremely controlling and forcing images on them whether they want it or not. A lot of those artists are still friends with him because you can find somebody a shit boss but a decent person. Not wanting to work with him speaks more on his capabilities as a boss than his friendships, and jyps retention rate speaks for itself

I wouldn't take lack of complaints as a testament to anything considering how noticable JYP is for blatantly silencing their artists after they make complaints

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• I think kpop fans are too sensitive when it comes to their idols and honestly probably would be terrible at managing idols of their own if they worried to much about sounding nice or not criticizing their idols. Maybe that why a kpop fan has never successfully opened their own kpop company.

This is why as much as people used to dislike him back in the day, Simon Cowell is a very necessary "evil". Because if you can't handle harsh feedback from someone with experience (opinions and the delivery can be wrong, but nevertheless) who's talking to you face to face, how are you gonna survive dealing with the sea of anonymous people saying all kinds of reprehensible things to you, simply because there's a little to no risk of reprisal? And that is extremely true when it comes to kpop, a genre where chronically online fans live vicariously through the people they obsess over.

People were bashing the hell out of Sneakers, and many often forget that these idols use the Internet too. Of course they're gonna see what people say. And it's ironic, people have said they're "falling off", but when they're being given constructive criticism to improve, now it's too much. JYP gets memed on for understandable reasons and isn't always correct, but he still has insight that's worth considering.

When there's money and reputation on the line, you can't mess around, that's the reality of the business. Of course, there's limits to this. And there's a bigger discussion to be had regarding the amount of pressure that's placed on these idols. But if something ain't it, it just ain't it, and sugarcoating it never helps anyone in the long-run.

• I think all groups deal with a certain amount of mistreatment. Extreme Diets and other things make that clear. The idol industry hell the Korean work culture itself is extremely toxic. So I have never ever made excuses for that. However, my point is that this is a good thing. This, allowing Lia to rest, is not an example of mistreatment. Thats not saying ITZY dont suffer that but the mistreatment that ITZY suffers is comparable to the general mistreatment prevalent in the Kpop industry. That doesnt make it right and it is shit of the company to do. But it's a shitty behavior that is perpetrated by the entire industry. So the problem isnt company specific but industry. This doesnt really matter of course as it means it is the company that is continuing to push it. So I would not say that itzy doesnt go through bad habits due to the company. I never said JYPE is good and have Called them out often.

Maybe is me, but i wouldnt pat in the back for this to a company that dont have a problem in putting the health of their artists in danger by xtreme weight loss, or dgaf about the body image of an idol and how this can affect their self-steem (That stupid company dont even care how this goes against the philosophy of the group) . I dont know why you mentioned this is a industry problem, i never say the contrary. Unless your intention was to defend the company, "Well, yeah, but this is an industry problem, what can we do?"
    Now, you mentioned JYP is negligent and incompetent. I say they treat Itzy members badly. Im talking about abuse.

• Maybe is me, but i wouldnt pat in the back for this to a company that dont have a problem in putting the health of their artists in danger by xtreme weight loss, or dgaf about the body image of an idol and how this can affect their self-steem (That stupid company dont even care how this goes against the philosophy of the group) . I dont know why you mentioned this is a industry problem, i never say the contrary. Unless your intention was to defend the company, "Well, yeah, but this is an industry problem, what can we do?"
    Now, you mentioned JYP is negligent and incompetent. I say they treat Itzy members badly. Im talking about abuse.

My point is I think it’s hypocritical to act like you are some moralist calling out these issues when you still consume the content extensively. This is the industry. This is the reality of the entertainment industry. Every single company does this. Why do you follow Kpop? Why do you give these companies that abuse their artists money with your following? You are complacently supporting the abuse these companies are perpetrating on these artists. My point is what exactly are you accomplishing by saying these things? We all know the idol industry is fucked. That these companies have questionable methods of training these artists. How do you think you can get 16 year old kids to be amazing performers? Do you think that just happens? No it means that these kids need to train a shit ton when they are young. So again you can be against this shit industry and call it out but it rings hollow when you still consume it nonetheless.

The answer of course is that it is getting better and I do think the difficulties these idols face today is not as bad as what was expected on idols in the past. This is evident enough in the fact that it is more common now for idols to take health breaks due to health issue. Now in the future hopefully things can improve even more.

Also I don’t think JYP deserves some pay on the back for letting their artists rest. But I do think it is a good thing? Is it not?

• You can say the same thing about LSM lol

JYP has been called out from ex-artists for being extremely controlling and forcing images on them whether they want it or not. A lot of those artists are still friends with him because you can find somebody a shit boss but a decent person. Not wanting to work with him speaks more on his capabilities as a boss than his friendships, and jyps retention rate speaks for itself

I wouldn't take lack of complaints as a testament to anything considering how noticable JYP is for blatantly silencing their artists after they make complaints

JYPE is a company founded by JYP. It’s a company made to show his vision. It’s naive of fans to think this doesn’t happen at every company. Even Psy company which was praised from here and back was criticized by some former artists for being controlling. It’s a fact of the industry of every company as the owners kind of have a vested interest in pushing what they see as being successful. When a group first debuts it costs millions of dollars to maintain that group especially on a high level. You think Amy companies CEO is going to risk that to let some 17 year old do as they please? Maybe some will. And they wouldn’t all together be wrong but I think Kpop fans are wildly naive if they think companies work that way. Would you even run a company like that?

• It was a great idea to go to Kcon. Did you see how Cake was doing in the beginning?? It needed all the promo that song could get after coming back from Cheshire and Jyp knew that. I saw a lot of hype about Itzy during Kcon and it helped keep them in the spotlight while Cake was being promoted. And their performances were great at Kcon. Amazing promo for them.

The song rose before Kcon and it’s thanks to their Korea promotion so I don’t get the correlation.

The way every time there’s an Itzy thread it’s Midzys vs the rest of the world :annoyedk:

• JYPE is a company founded by JYP. It’s a company made to show his vision. It’s naive of fans to think this doesn’t happen at every company. Even Psy company which was praised from here and back was criticized by some former artists for being controlling. It’s a fact of the industry of every company as the owners kind of have a vested interest in pushing what they see as being successful. When a group first debuts it costs millions of dollars to maintain that group especially on a high level. You think Amy companies CEO is going to risk that to let some 17 year old do as they please? Maybe some will. And they wouldn’t all together be wrong but I think Kpop fans are wildly naive if they think companies work that way. Would you even run a company like that?

This is kinda contradictory to your first comment so you agree JYP isn’t the nice company just because they put one member on hiatus especially it’s not even with their first GG :whatk:

• This thread contains 31 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!