Jihyo is Kpop's Rachel Zegler

• The arrogance with which both of them treat what came before and the way they look down on past.....sheer fucking hubris.

People with this kind of mindset have completely ruined the entertainment across all mediums, movie, tv shows, games, music. Everything is fucking poisoned with girlboss feminist strong wahmen crap. They don't know how to fucking have fun anymore.

• Getting strong incel vibes from this one ;judgingpepe:

Glad to see grown ass women from Twice doing what THEY want to do instead of letting entitled men dictate their entire career.

• you are this mad over a woman in her m id twenties saying she doesnt like one aspect of the dance because she has to make a bunch of cute faces? there is only 1 weird person here and that's you.

• I don't quite think Jihyo has risen to that level of dismissal.

But it is disappointing that she so often ridicules her past.

Be proud. Don't apologize.

You don't have to. I don't know why she feels insecure about that part of her past.

The idols that are unbothered by their past cuteness. Who are able to mature without dismissing what preceded.

They are of a healthy mindset.

This applies even outside of just kpop and idols.

It's a life lesson in general. You don't have to be embarrassed of your youthful self. You don't have to be embarrassed of you earlier work or career or antics.

In fact, the true grounded individuals make no apology. Do not cringe at their past forms. And do not engage in the act of "shaming" their past iterations.

It's the true form of empowerment.

Confidence in your own skin. Even those skins you've left behind.

An idol who I always think embodies this is Arin from OH MY GIRL.

The grace at which she went from an aegyo filled cute youthful idol to fully mature woman is astounding.

She never recants or hand-wrings her past self.

And, perhaps ironically, or in opposition, to the implied position of those who engage in the "now that I'm mature I have to be embarrassed of my youth'.. That being that they feel they have to reject that past to be confident in the present...

Is that those like Arin who feel no need for such second guessing..... Come across so very mature, confident, and womanly in the present.

It's actually counter to the prevailing notion popular with a contingent of idols who shame their past and a swath of fans who do the same.

They aren't actually asserting their maturity by apologizing for their past.

They're revealing their insecurity and hangups with it.

Own it. Both your past and your present.

• i mean, snow white is a shit story

i'd disrespect it too

only snow white media i ever consumed in the last decade was the one where kristen stewart looked hot

Nah. It's one of the greats.

Disney's 1937 adaptation is a masterpiece.

I'll never understand why they have people making classic stories who reject the classic story.

Find people who respect the work.

• ive read a ton of fairy tales as a kid

esp the older darker version of some

snow white was still my least favorite

even as a kid i knew you werent supposed to smooch an unmoving body of a teenager and you definitely dont fall in love with that

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• But y'all are the ones saying this not Jihyo. She never said she was ashamed of her past of those songs. She said she didn't like certain choreo that required her to do cutesy stuff especially while looking at the camera. She said it's a bit embarrassing to do that stuff as she gets older. What exactly is wrong with that? I would also be embarrassed to do shit now that I used to do when I was a teenager? does that mean I hate that stuff? no it means I have grown now and while I can look back at those things fondly I can also recognize that doing them now would be a bit embarrassing. Sh never said she hates those songs themselves or would never want to do them again. She was just honest that she is embarrassed doing some of the moves.

• It's because now having the prince kissing Snow White without her consent is offensive ¬‿¬

Anyway. I think it's time to let it go. But I do understand when you have BTS members who sometimes cringe at their past but also say that past made them who they are today.

Maybe they think like Jihyo? But it's all about PR. She could just be a little bit more discreet about it. Although it's totally her right to express her opinion.

• And here I thought you were finally in apathy era. :pepefacepalm:

Move on minion move on, learn from HardcoreBLINK choose a newer generation group and set twice free.

Jihyo can hate aegyo and still be proud of her career/success. They're not mutually exclusive.

• ENOUGH!!!!

One thread about this topic is enough.

• whats wrong with brie larson she's a brilliant actress

Yes, she is. But she's arrogant, entitled and unlikable and marvel is aware of what fans think of her. There will be no solo captain marvel two film, instead we are getting the marvels with three main characters (including her)

Anyways, nobody can top rachel zegler. Snow white is dead. I wouldn't be surprised if it goes straight to Disney+ like many other Disney classics remakes before it

• This word literally has no meaning ever since Henry Cavill has been called that.

I missed this ^^ why would anyone in their right mind called hanry cavill an incel??

We already discussed about the term on this forum, the word isn't used properly

I better learn what happened, it seems i missed a good controversy lol

• "snow white and seven dwarves" with the main character that's not white as snow, without dwarves but magical creatures and without love story. That's not snow white. Make your own story and stop ruining classics

Glad people are responding with their wallets, 1 billion dollars loss disney had in 2023 so far is completely deserving

• "snow white and seven dwarves" with the main character that's not white as snow, without dwarves but magical creatures and without love story. That's not snow white. Make your own story and stop ruining classics

Glad people are responding with their wallets, 1 billion dollars loss disney had in 2023 so far is completely deserving

But Disney is messing with the classic story as well and that is okay?

• there is seriously something wrong with you. if a grown ass adult doesn't enjoy cute poses, then they don't. would you play in a kindergarten playground sliding every week? You might do it once and remember your youth but you are not going to do it every fucking week are you? Jihyo does this every week for her job for concerts. you need put yourself in her shoes and think.

• But Disney is messing with the classic story as well and that is okay?

I didn't understand you?

I'm talking about disney messing up with the classic story which is obviously not okay. I don't know what are you asking me

Eta: disney classic as in 1937, a version that saved Disney as a company and are remaking it

• I didn't understand you?

I'm talking about disney messing up with the classic story which is obviously not okay. I don't know what are you asking me

Disney a classic story? You do know Disney's version of Snow White is nothing like the original right? It is almost completely their own creation besides the basic premise. In the original the dwarves have no names. Snow White also doesnt even get kissed by the prince, instead she is dropped while in the glass case and couches up the apple.

Basically the Disney version doesnt even follow the original which is more brutal and weird. So who cares if Disney wants to change what is essentially a story of their own creation that just heavily borrows from an almost 200 year old fairy tale.

• this thread is funny lol shows how kpop stans become so roped into this parasocial illusions lol no one owns this idol and it's ok for them to say that certain things they did are cringe like be fucking for real will you do aegyo? no, right. then why should they? just cause you like their innocent/cute persona a company gave them. look there is nothing wrong with critizing actions and things people say no matter if they are a celebrity or just a common folk but damn some of you guys on this thread are just showing your weird obssession with this idols like damn let them grow the fuck, if you are not interested in the path they are taking just move on ;( there are a lot groups right now with like cute concepts, take a pick.

• Disney a classic story? You do know Disney's version of Snow White is nothing like the original right? It is almost completely their own creation besides the basic premise. In the original the dwarves have no names. Snow White also doesnt even get kissed by the prince, instead she is dropped while in the glass case and couches up the apple.

Basically the Disney version doesnt even follow the original which is more brutal and weird. So who cares if Disney wants to change what is essentially a story of their own creation that just heavily borrows from an almost 200 year old fairy tale.

So it is ok to mess it up if it is their own? Gotcha

• Disney a classic story? You do know Disney's version of Snow White is nothing like the original right? It is almost completely their own creation besides the basic premise. In the original the dwarves have no names. Snow White also doesnt even get kissed by the prince, instead she is dropped while in the glass case and couches up the apple.

yes, i know, thank you very much.

They aren't remaking the original story but 1937 version. They did the same with the little mermaid. They didn't use the original story but Disney's animated version from 1989.

I know this may sound a shocker to you but people care; i care. And you'll see how much they care when snow white, that has nothing to do with the original animated version, flops hard, like all recent disney remakes

• yes, i know, thank you very much.

They aren't remaking the original story but 1937 version. They did the same with the little mermaid. They didn't use the original story but Disney's animated version from 1989.

I know this may sounds a shocker to you but people care; i care. And you'll see how much they care when snow white, that has nothing to do with the original animated version, flops hard, like all recent disney remakes

This.

We're going off topic but I want to add.

When we got Kristen Stewart's version no one bat an eyelid. That's because it wasn't intended to adapt the Disney version which everyone knows is very different from the original.

Now these Disney "live actions" are them exactly, making live actions from their own movies. So of course people expect the same story, same songs to sing along and share the moment with their kids. Instead we get the snowflake versions. That is why the little mermaid was a flop, they changed way too many details.

• I won't lie to you but this is why I have never really be hyped for like remakes like bro if you are expecting the same exact content that already exists why are you going to waste money? like bro you could use that money for other things ;( this is my 2 cents on remakes if you all enjoy rewatching the same thing just on like real human version that's on you :skull:

• Regarding Snow White, Disney is just too ham-fisted and excessive with the lecturing and posturing. Nobody likes to be lectured, least of all by some megaconglomerate and its lackeys, most folks just want actors to shut up and act.

TBH i never watched Snow White and i only watched bits and pieces of Kristen Stewart's version. (actually there are many classics i've never seen both old and new like Finding Nemo, Jungle Book, Mermaid, Peter Pan, the elephant one, Bambi, Fox and Hound, Dalmations, the one with the rats, etc).

But from what i've skimmed through, i can understand why it's unacceptable that Snow White isnt the one that kills the evil queen, the titular character should undergo the hero's journey and that means defeating her nemesis. However, i think it's just way too woke to go 100x further by stripping her of her romance with the Prince just to prove that women dont need no man to be happy, i mean we've been hearing this same message for a decade now we get it already lol. Like it's ok for the Prince to save her life and be her romantic interest, that doesnt lessen her importance ffs.

As for Jihyo...i think we're all making mountains out of molehills. She only shaded the choreo, not the song.

• exactly. nobody cared because it was never said it was going to be a remake of 1937 film. unlike the upcoming mess that is supposed to be but has nothing in common with the classic version lol

good news is that after Maleficent 2 all disney remakes flopped (6 films), they either barely managed to break even or were released straight to disney +. snow white will flop hard too. good

• This thread contains 19 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!