The fact Red Velvet is LEAST popular among top GGs is definitive proof music ISN'T what most people care about

• They have the best and most diverse discography, but if you compare them to other top GGs like BP, Twice, Aespa, IVE, they never reached the same level of success in their lifetime. So THERE'S obviously something else BESIDES music that's giving these groups GREATER popularity.

• OF COURSE. people only out here caring about visuals and pretty things. No k-pop fan can listen to real good music, people will say music is 'subjective' but it really isn't. there is good songs and bad songs out there. but if you wrap that bad song or album is a pretty bow people will love it none the less.

BUT red velvet? their recent comebacks are BAD. the reason RV is not popular is not because people flock to pretty things (their are other groups where you can argue this) it's because they are lost as a group and are over staying their welcome. they are just boring, and reveluvs can love them but nobody else does. they are the NMIXX of SM (as of recently) before you could say they are taking it, they are amazing show stopping girls, but now, people are asleep. their discography would be amazing back in 2019, but now, :sleeping::sleeping:

• It's true.

If it was all about music, most idols would be unemployed.

I guess that's the major difference between idols and "artistes"/non idol singers.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• honestly tho for me it is a downfall since Psycho

it was their best song

don't know what happened later on

even the way of singing seems changed in recent ones

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com

• OF COURSE. people only out here caring about visuals and pretty things. No k-pop fan can listen to real good music, people will say music is 'subjective' but it really isn't. there is good songs and bad songs out there. but if you wrap that bad song or album is a pretty bow people will love it none the less.

BUT red velvet? their recent comebacks are BAD. the reason RV is not popular is not because people flock to pretty things (their are other groups where you can argue this) it's because they are lost as a group and are over staying their welcome. they are just boring, and reveluvs can love them but nobody else does. they are the NMIXX of SM (as of recently) before you could say they are taking it, they are amazing show stopping girls, but now, people are asleep. their discography would be amazing back in 2019, but now, :sleeping::sleeping:

Lost? Overstaying their welcome? Boring? Nobody wants them?

Do you know that they just sold a million albums with their last comeback!?! I think you should speak for yourself if you don't want them not everyone.

Red Velvet have always had different concepts because of their Red & Velvet sides. Their music therefore has to be fun, a bit upbeat but also ballad-like to accommodate their vocals just like in Birthday and Feel My Rythm.

Ballads can be boring to people who love different genres but they bring out the best vocals of singers.

External Content youtu.be

• Yes, it is not so much about good music and more about making catchy and easy songs to listen. Unfortunately, that was never a RV thing. Too inconsistent.

Then you have the visuals and the right concept. It's a difficult combination to get right, even for a big 3 company.

• I mean, Red Velvet has never really been a particular super outstanding compared to other groups. They're not like say F(X) who have received critical praise their entire career.

I just think their sound is very popular in social media pop circles. But they've never been head and shoulders above their competition in critical reception.

• You should not be celebrating capitalism user sonemariam, of course your happy their selling 1 million, all those people do not understand the importance of real music. they just click and buy, click and buy. I should speak my TRUTH on this FORUM about how I do not APPROVE of red velvet, you dictating me user sonemariam, you out here dictating my life? They music is NOT good no more, you should be condeming SM for what they have done to them. instead your supporting this frauding. You need to figure that out before you come into my HEAD and try to dictate my LIVELIHOOD. SM stans YOU will pay for this ONE. #STOPTHECOUNT. #STOPENABLINGRICHCOMPANIES #NOTOKAYANDNOTPURE.

• A s Reveluv, don't worry I'm used to being the Revel girls being called boring. People who really understand Good music and talent are listening to Red Velvet. The Kpop audience is mostly success stan, not the music fans actually. Red Velvet has always do various concepts and genre. That's their versatility and power can be also their weakness sometimes. Even if you sell a million albums, you're a failure according to kpop fans.

• Out of the 3rd gen GGs only Twice and BlackPink were able to gain attention and keep a stable fan base within Asia and the West.

Red velvet only really popped off in Korea. This is why global success matters for longevity. Groups that only play safe within Korea like Redvelvet, gfriend, mamamoo, etc get left behind.

Isn’t their tour also suffering? Yeah they sold 1 million albums but no one would ever consider them on the same playing field as Twice & BP.

피어나

• A s Reveluv, don't worry I'm used to being the Revel girls being called boring. People who really understand Good music and talent are listening to Red Velvet. The Kpop audience is mostly success stan, not the music fans actually. Red Velvet has always do various concepts and genre. That's their versatility and power can be also their weakness sometimes. Even if you sell a million albums, you're a failure according to kpop fans.

why can't we say they BORING??? WHY can't I say dat. how is that personally AFFECTING you user selynn. of course. you the dictators in this universery. in this PLANET. you dictating what people got to say. you facepalming my reply. don't worry. jesus works in mysterious ways. out here dictating. evil people run this world so bad. evil people up on this forum running the universe. hmmmmm. remember user selynn hater nation will not win. they won't. capitalism will not win. they won't.

do you have background in music? it's fine to say you find their music amazing. just dont put down others cause they don't vibe what they put out

"people who really understand" yeah okay. you must sit in a nice chair

• do you have background in music? it's fine to say you find their music amazing. just dont put down others cause they don't vibe what they put out

"people who really understand" yeah okay. you must sit in a nice chair

I understand quality music because I listen to music a lot. People with musical background usually praise Red Velvet's unique vocals. If you can't believe me. Music teachers on Youtuber also praise Red Velvet a lot.

• I understand quality music because I listen to music a lot. People with musical background usually praise Red Velvet's unique vocals. If you can't believe me. Music teachers on Youtuber also praise Red Velvet a lot.

how much is a lot. how many times do i have to listen to music to be knowledgeable. do i start with the baby musics like baby shark do do. then ramp it up to country, then hit gangsta rap? before hitting the classics. then only then i can listen to kpop will i be able to judge which is quality? do i need special headphones? or perhaps speakers is the best way?

• It's because their music is inconsistent. Their concepts are too different. I loved, loved, loved their songs like Bad Boy, RBB, Automatic, Peek-A-Boo, adored Red Flavor, enjoyed some of their fun songs like Russian Roulette, Ice Cream Cake, even Dumb Dumb, but they release stuff like Zimzalabim, Umpah Umpah, Power Up, and I just don't enjoy them. I don't like them at all. Also, adding Yeri to the group backfired due to rabid OT4 fans and she's being witchhunted ever since. Seulgi and Wendy are incredibly talented but sometimes the whole group sings too high for my enjoyment. They have a standout dancer, a standout visual, and a standout singer but as a whole something is missing. SM should've pushed a consistent style on them more.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.
    ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

• Or people have different tastes? RV lead singles are hit or miss and no-one cares about irrelevant side tracks tbh. I think a lot of their music is childish and cringe.

Honestly the same people over-hype FX yet people never bought their music..

• Or people have different tastes? RV lead singles are hit or miss and no-one cares about irrelevant side tracks tbh. I think a lot of their music is childish and cringe.

Proves my point.

F(x) is another case that music lovers will always enjoy, but gp won't vibe with. And it's perfectly understandable. I won't say their discography is perfect, but it's a very well thought one.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• F(x) is another case that music lovers will always enjoy, but gp won't vibe with. And it's perfectly understandable.

I mean even international fans didnt bother buying the music I was around back then we always had threads of people praising FX but yeah didnt bother supporting them.

• I mean even internal fans didnt bother buying the music I was around back then we always had threads of people praising FX but yeah didnt bother supporting them.

That's what I mean though, a lot of their songs arent easy to vibe with, Red Light for example is a very dark and complex pop song. Between this and something cheerful and catchy, there's no doubt kpop fans will prefer the latter.

On top of that, these kpop groups with high quality discography suffer prejudice because theyre in the kpop spectrum, so it's really hard to burst the bubble and get acclaim by respected music critics and lovers.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• They have the best and most diverse discography, but if you compare them to other top GGs like BP, Twice, Aespa, IVE, they never reached the same level of success in their lifetime. So THERE'S obviously something else BESIDES music that's giving these groups GREATER popularity.

Songs are meaningless, don't have anything to say. "Diverse" being a code word for mini's being incoherent and just a grab bag of whatever songs they have laying around.

No proper creative direction, very inconsistent music. They also have a very tired, 3rd gen sound. Latest efforts to try to match the modern music led to "Birthday" which... speaks for itself in that department.

They've got some good songs, sure, and definitely a very talented vocal line, but good god is the quality of their discography overblown by stans who still wake up hoping it's 2016-2018 still.

• their velvet tracks are vastly superior to their red tracks. Their red experimental tracks can be hit or miss and when its a miss, its like a jarring repellent sort. International fans stan their velvet side but sm continued to miss the mark with choosing inconsistent lead singles. That's why they never managed to solidify a core fandom globally to the extent their peers Blackpink and Twice have done.

• This thread, possibly more than any other I've seen recently, just proves that people on this site will say anything for reactions. There's no way half the people in this thread even believe what they're saying, not unless they're in the crazy business of denying objective facts. Red Velvet are in their 9th year and selling millions of records. They must be doing something right, whether you like it or not.

Hit you with that baby shark du-du-du-du-du

• This thread, possibly more than any other I've seen recently, just proves that people on this site will say anything for reactions. There's no way half the people in this thread even believe what they're saying, not unless they're in the crazy business of denying objective facts. Red Velvet are in their 9th year and selling millions of records. They must be doing something right, whether you like it or not.

Hit you with that baby shark du-du-du-du-du

why people cants say their truths on this forum? why you angry people speaking their truths? you hater? you leader of hater nation viper? I am on to you. I am. why you ain't get that frauding works in mysterious ways? selling millions of records but still no name? hmmmm. why all reveluvs so angry and so hateful? why reveluvs angry. viper I see you hating. I see you. peoples gots to say what they believe ins. frauds will fraud...frauds will fraud....

• Their music has always been mostly overrated and have actually a lot of uncohesive works just like everyone in kpop. The whole "rv discography is the best" was a lie made by sm stans/reveluvs who couldn't stand other ggs having bigger success.

• Their music has always been mostly overrated and have actually a lot of uncohesive works just like everyone in kpop. The whole "rv discography is the best" was a lie made by sm stans/reveluvs who couldn't stand other ggs having bigger success.

If RV's discography was overrated, what can be said about BP's sparse discography that sold more than anything RV did? At least there's something for everyone in RV's music

• why people cants say their truths on this forum? why you angry people speaking their truths? you hater? you leader of hater nation viper? I am on to you. I am. why you ain't get that frauding works in mysterious ways? selling millions of records but still no name? hmmmm. why all reveluvs so angry and so hateful? why reveluvs angry. viper I see you hating. I see you. peoples gots to say what they believe ins. frauds will fraud...frauds will fraud....

I don't know, why can't you say your truths on this forum? Because you were the first person who came to mind when I was writing that post, but that's because you say literally everything for reactions, including the whole crazy person gimmick you've got going on. You enjoy roleplaying, I get it. But I'm not the hater here. Red Velvet are objectively successful and have a lot going for them, compared to other girl groups and just in general.

• If RV's discography was overrated, what can be said about BP's sparse discography that sold more than anything RV did? At least there's something for everyone in RV's music

That more people liked it, and that's it.

There is something for everyone in each artist catalogue, specially in kpop, if you find one ballad similar to a dance track similar to a hiphop song then I am sorry your that your ears are so dirty.

Success doesn't equal quality. I can think of no better example of this than Blackpink.

• Success doesn't equal quality. I can think of no better example of this than Blackpink.

Quality has always been subjective, success isn't.

Sorry to your ass if I can't found quality in rv work and I found it in BP's works. And it seems like an overall number of people found it in BP's too at the end of the day.

• That more people liked it, and that's it.

There is something for everyone in each artist catalogue, specially in kpop, if you find one ballad similar to a dance track similar to a hiphop song then I am sorry your that your ears are so dirty.

Buying more albums =/ more people liking the music

Especially when they buy the albums to have "achievements".

It's a fact that RV has a bigger, more diverse, more critically acclaimed catalog

• I don't know, why can't you say your truths on this forum? Because you were the first person who came to mind when I was writing that post, but that's because you say literally everything for reactions, including the whole crazy person gimmick you've got going on. You enjoy roleplaying, I get it. But I'm not the hater here. Red Velvet are objectively successful and have a lot going for them, compared to other girl groups and just in general.

viperz you nots understanding that this is who I be. I be up in this forum telling peoples the truths, and they like oh well you attention seeker who is a troll you is a loser. they be telling me all this joints and they just not understanding that we humans can be like this, I be telling my mom this and she tells me she think I got problems but they ain't understanding this who I be. I ain't looking for the reactions, the fame, cause I hate humans out here, I don't got to please nobody but god, and people be saying oh you a idiot, oh you stupid, oh you loser, but i'm alive. saying your truths is real and we all need to say what we believe in. they ain't successful they just frauds. they frauds. you got to stop supporting frauds and human alike who steal from children, they be stealing and they be killing peoples minds. nobody but me understand this narrative. nobody. just my opinions. i be saying this stuff on the daily. i be. i ain't crazy. you is. love you though. love all humans up in here.

• This thread contains 41 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!