Dynamite vs Cupid: which song is more organically popular in real life?

• Go to Best Answer
  • I don’t think either tbh. I think a lot of ppl heard Dynamite because it was in the Samsung ads everywhere and it was beginning of BTS push.

I’ll never forget being at an amusement park with friends and Butter was playing and my friends (who are exposed to kpop/kpop topics regularly by me) had ZERO idea about the song or who sang it (i’m early 20s).

I think the problem is, most ppl my age don’t listen to radio and strictly listen to spotify/steaming. So they don’t get exposed to things unless it leaks into their ecosystem.

And if they didn’t know about Butter, then they def don’t know about fifty fifty. Ppl on tik tok may have heard the song but that doesn’t mean they know anything about the group or song. My mom used tik tok and i’ll hear kpop songs in her videos, but she could tell you jack shit about the artist or song.

I think ppl are over hyping the reach kpop groups have (atleast in the US) tbh, outside of kpop fans and young women.

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I beg y'all leave these girls alone :skull:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

attention-starved NPCs everywhere, there is not enough grass being planted!!!

• Dynamite has sold almost 6 million copies in the US alone, I still hear it on the radio (Butter, too). It was both a major hit, a fan favorite, and had a very extended promo run (as it should.)

Cupid started out as a viral hit but could become a proper classic pop hit as well if it continues to work its charms on new audiences.

Don't fall for the bait thread, kiddos.

Welp, welcome to token stanning for fan wars - the bar is in hell

• no point in comparing

you cant logically figure out if a group with tens of millions of fans and a company that pushes them everywhere has an "organically popular" song

and said fans wont leave you alone if you say they didnt so its not good for your health

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• Cupid demolish Dynamite by a miles

Cupid is one of the best ever KPOP song

or even outside of KPOP

this is a real representative

it genuine great song

this song is not carried

by the popularity of the singer

the vocal ,melody and lyrics

carried it to be

one of the best song ever

• i'll have all of u know that bts eat very very organic food so their output is always organic!! :yesr:

External Content twitter.com

LOL! Why I am not surprised kpop stans will token stan them for fanwars when they sh*t on them earlier! The Fakeness! :skull::skull::skull:

• I like how kpoppies still telling themselves no one has heard dynamite outside army bubble. Continue to delude yourselves.

They do this every year a song goes viral and then forget about it the next year to yet again compare another new song with Dynamite. Lol

Anyway, I was hoping OP had a perma ban, seems not.

• Actually, this kind of discourse is

External Content youtu.be

because both are popular, regardless.

• They do this every year a song goes viral and then forget about it the next year to yet again compare another new song with Dynamite. Lol

Anyway, I was hoping OP had a perma ban, seems not.

And every year, they coin terms such as “western validation” and “inorganic” to invalidate BTS success. It’s funny but that’s kpoppies for you!

Anyway, Dyna and Cupid both “organic” hits in “real life”.

• And every year, they coin terms such as “western validation” and “inorganic” to invalidate BTS success. It’s funny but that’s kpoppies for you!

Anyway, Dyna and Cupid both “organic” hits in “real life”.

But is Dynamite organic when locals say they never hear it in real life? And Armys are known to mass buy a lot too so that’s already not organic. If organic, Jimin’s song wouldn’t be falling down the charts.

BE4843CD-6AA3-4907-896E-9A7A0FB37573.jpeg

F4A3642E-E31E-4122-AB18-51B905F7E26B.jpeg

Edited once, last by bbb988 ().

• But is Dynamite organic when locals say they never hear it in real life? And Armys are known to mass buy a lot too so that’s already not organic. If organic, Jimin’s song wouldn’t be falling down the charts.

BE4843CD-6AA3-4907-896E-9A7A0FB37573.jpeg

You mean the reliable Kpop fans and their locals? And you are quite literally defeating your own logic cause if Dynamite was not a genuine organic gp success it would also drop as fast as you claim other fandom propped songs by armys fell, only Dyna did not fall but remained stable in top 10 for months. It was popular not just in US but globally btw, remember Japan? Anyway this is the typical stupid Kpoppies annual Dynamite downplay fest, so carry on.

We will meet again next year with a new song vs Dynamite.

Also not you using the biggest loser Blonk's /MPGs tweets when we know how well their fave did against Jimin on the same US charts..lmao.

Also yes let's ignore playlisting impact on Cupid vs Like Crazy..lol. The purposeful foolishness at display from OP and ofc the trash 2nd fandom in those tweets.

• I have heard several BTS Songs in the Radio. But it cant hardly be organic if it gets pushed by milions of fans and a big company.

I have not heard cupid in the radio jet. But it have not peaked and is still rising in the Charts.

So cupid is more organic. Even h1-key Rose blossom is. But of course it havent reached dynamites charting.

You mean a big company like Warner? Please you are so naive if you think songs go viral on tiktok or spotify organically...clearly you do not know what heating and autoplay features are.

I would take a group with a massive fandom as a more organic success than any nugu coming from one of the big western labels aka UMG, Warner, Columbia and suddenly breaking through with no rational logic. Warner did it with Gayle too last year. They are pros at it, only need to see the extent of heating they pulled with Ed's new song. If you visit the ToTC discord which has neutral chart watchers, the autoplay on the Cupid song has been regularly discussed in detail.

But ofc a big fandom is inorganic and Hybe is bigger than Warner Music...lol.

I know one thing for sure is that whatever BTS are getting is open and overt and not the covert tactics employed on tiktok and spotify to make "organic" hits.

• istg this topic...

it's kind of insane how hard kpoppies have deluded themselves that dynamite was truly nothing but a fandom supported song with zero gp relevance. They won't even try to have an objective discussion about this topic, it will be an immediate "dynamite was actually a nugu song & since the great grandma of my 3rd cousin hasn't heard this song, it is proof nobody outside of army know the song!".

• Dynamite by far

i've heard it everywhere. & even my two male friends have heard it so mcuh (along w Butter ) that when i played it, they were like "that song again???" cause they HEARD IT THAT MANY times

but bitter kpopies say otherwise . . . . . . . . .

plus, i've heard BTS's song being played @ Dave & Buster's (kinda like chuk e cheese but better), target, the radio & more

˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷ιм тнe oɴe ι ѕнoυld love ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷

Unc GIF - Unc GIFsAnmin GIF - Anmin GIFsUnc GIF - Unc GIFs

• I thought Warner took them in after they went viral?

Well, what warner is pulling now may not be organic anymore.

I think calling a song organic while milions of fans push it and a company invest milions in promo is disrespectful and totally ignoring towards the fans and the companies hard work and effort.

Im not saying BTS as a group and how they got there or a big fandom is inorganic. But a song that gets massivly pushed is inorganic.

I dont get why kpop fans allways feel the need to claim their faves success is all organic when music industry and Kpop is so inorganic overall.

You should be Happy about your faves get such massive support and dont have to suffer as a organic but unsuccessful group with a useless company doing nothing for them.

• This thread contains 21 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!