i've noticed that a lot of idols have been taking breaks

• There's been Viviz, who took a break because of their health, and Joy from Red Velvet took a break too. I have the slightest idea it's because of Moonbin's death and the cause of his death, and that companies are starting to get afraid that it might happen to their idols too. I hope that companies start to take care of their idols' mental health more and that this isn't just going to be a one-time thing that idols have to take advantage of.

sleep

a

winter

bear

• Tbh it doesn't seem like a lot are going on a break currently in comparison of few years ago

I don't know if you were a kpop fans during 2019-2020 but at this time so much idol were taking breaks

Haseul, mina, wooseok, jungwoo, joohoney, s.coup, jiho, day6, han, kang daniel,....

2020 was truly a carnage for idol health

I like to think that it's maybe better that we see less idols go on break these days, and because i like to be positive i like to think that it's because companies try to be more careful with their idol mental health in comparison of pre-2020

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• i was a fan in 2020 and yeah, a lot of idols were taking breaks. but after 2020 there hasn't been a lot of breaks and there are a whole lot of new groups. They probably did have to take a break because during the pandemic people were literally craxy about kpop. rn it's fast paced but not like crazy crazy fan behavior

sleep

a

winter

bear

• S.Coups' and Haseul's hiatuses RUINED me. I cried while watching Butterfly MV and Fallin' Flower MV. To be fair, I was like 14-15 around this time but omg when the Hit The Road series came out... S.Coup's episode... I cried like 5 times and had to pause it so much it took nearly an hour for me to finish watching it full thing

• 3 idol suicides in 2 years made a lot of companies wake up and say “hey maybe mental health is a thing”

• they've been taking breaks due to health issues, and they should be taking breaks to go on vacation and have time for themselves

exactly! and with the money they might have i wouldn't be surprised if they go to a celebrity exclusive thing where companies have no worries about non-famous people or fans seeing them

sleep

a

winter

bear

• We don't think about this enough. A lot of idols spend too much time away from their friends and family. It's bound to take a toll on them. I know there are times when they question their career decision, wondering if this sacrifice is all worth it.

They receive a lot of love from their fans, but that can't replace the socialization they would have otherwise received with a more ordinary life.

yeah, with "on the ground" I've noticed that rosé sounds a lot more raw and emotional in it. It shows that they really sometimes do question the life that they have.

sleep

a

winter

bear

• I have a few solutions to mental health. One is obviously a vacation and also tell them to be themselves go have a real vacation. A reset really helps like convince them to live abroad for a few months or upto a year. Different things help with stimulating the mind and focusing on. New and possibly exciting things, added bonus is they are less likely to be recognized, tell them to forget idol life etc the job everything leave all that shit behind until YOU are ready to return to work. Then encourage them to get regular friends, having only idol friends isn't exactly good because your experiences become an echo chamber of the same things. Not always good because if you guys are having problems it's likely you won't see it you need a fresh set of eyes to notice it. Like two surgeons trying to figure out how to change a tire when you could have fixed that by befriending a mechanic.

The last option is TMS therapy transcranial magnetic stimulation tldr uses essentially an MRI machine to help alter brain function without the use of medication or invasive surgeries and has shown to decease depression by 86% or in 60% of cases fully cure them.

Because this is Korea and we think mental health is a joke we don't have this equipment.

I'm ready to goto HYBE and tell them to ship all their idols to John Hopkins university hospital in the USA and sign them all up for TMS

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!