Joohoney

• Joohoney (former known as Jooheon) is a South Korean rapper and songwriter currently signed under Starship Entertainment. He is currently the main rapper in the boy group Monsta X.

I. Pre-Debut

Jooheon was born Lee Jooheon (이주헌) in Seoul, South Korea. He was raised in Daegu. In 2014, he was part of the project group Nu Boyz alongside Shownu, Wonho, and #GUN). In December 2014, Jooheon competed in the survival program No.Mercy and was selected to become a member of Monsta X.

In January 2015, he released a collaboration with San E and Sistar's Hyolyn called "Coach Me" as part of No.Mercy.

II. Career

Jooheon made his debut as a member of Monsta X on May 15, 2015 with the release of their first mini album Trespass.

In summer 2015, Joohen competed in the fourth season of Show Me the Money where he was eliminated in the third round. In 2016, he was selected as one of the producers for the JTBC hip-hop competition Tribe of Hip Hop.

In 2017, he released a solo MV for the song "Rhythm" and in August 2018 he released the mixtape DWTD.

In February 2019, Jooheon announced he was changing his stage name to Joohoney for English-language activities.

In January 2020, Jooheon took a temporary hiatus from promotions with Monsta X in order to focus on his mental health. He rejoined the group for promotions for the release of the mini album Fantasia X.

In October 2020, Jooheon released the mixtape Psyche.

III. Discography

Title Release Date Type
    SUPEXX July 10, 2015 Mixtape
    Flower Cafe November 11, 2015 Mixtape
    DWTD August 31, 2018 Mixtape
    Psyche October 9, 2020 Mixtape

Filmography

Year Title Role Network
    2014 No.Mercy Contestant Mnet
    2015 Show Me the Money 4 Contestant Mnet
    2016 Celebrity Bromance Cast Member (with Jackson Wang) MBigTV
    2016 Tribe of Hip Hop Producer JTBC
    2016 Weekly Idol Co-Host MBC Every1
    2019 Produce X 101 Battle Rap Trainer Mnet
    2020 King of Mask Singer Contestant MBC

IV. Trivia

• He admitted he has an intense obsession with hats.
    • Joohoney is good friend with Jackson from Got7 and Chanyeol of EXO.