SK government is considering military exemption for men under 30 with 3 or more kids

• They literally prefer to offer more benefits to men than give women anything for sake of raising birth rates.

Male idols about to come clean with their secret families and children.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• For regular people I don't see how this would work. Idk why goverments don't understand that it's women that they need to give incentive to not men.

From idol and celebrity perspective, I could see them having a few secret love child that are about to see light of day.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• For regular people I don't see how this would work. Idk why goverments don't understand that it's women that they need to give incentive to not men.

maybe their logic is that women will for some time stay at home with kids and men will be the ones who'll have to earn money and support the family financially. and they cannot if they are in the military

• maybe their logic is that women will for some time stay at home with kids and men will be the one who earn money. and they cannot if they are in military

I mean as it stands rn women in sk don't even wanna marry the men let alone have 3 or more kids with them.

Who says he won't just abandon them all after he gets his exemption? What's the guarantee for women to commit to such a family?

• I mean, I definitely agree with more incentive for women.

But for those people who got married and just happened to have multiple children, I feel like this should be a no brainer.

And, if a celebrity is dirty enough to have 3 kids just to be exempt from military service, then there's no limit to what they would do with or without this rule. Just look at the whole scenario surrounding Ravi.

Hopefully they focus on the men who actively have families and have been providing for/supporting those families rather than the dirt bags who'd be crazy enough to try to use this for exemption.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Yeah

Like I can't even imagine all the baby trapping methods they would pull

• I mean as it stands rn women in sk don't even wanna marry the men let alone have 3 or more kids with them.

ok? those who don't have 3 kids obviously won't get the exemption so i don't get the point of this sentence

Who says he won't just abandon them all after he gets his exemption? What's the guarantee for women to commit to such a family?

they don't need exemption to abandon them, that happens daily everywhere in the world. nowhere in the world such guarantee exists, people can only hope they chose their partner well

• So... is the next step banning all forms of birth control?

May the lord open

• Yall don't get it. This isn't an incentive for men or women. This one is for families. For those already married with one kid or two kids, to make more of them. It is great for such people imo. I'd definitely consider it.

• they don't need exemption to abandon them, that happens daily everywhere in the world. nowhere in the world such guarantee exists, people can only hope they chose their partner well

the problem is men elsewhere could abandon women at any time with any number of kids or none at all, but in this particular scenario there will always be at least 3 kids abandoned, guaranteed. so the consequence of men’s actions here will be higher than that of the typical case of abandonment anywhere, precisely due to that 3 kids minimum requirement

• maybe their logic is that women will for some time stay at home with kids and men will be the ones who'll have to earn money and support the family financially. and they cannot if they are in the military

Lol you think their government cares about that? If this was an issue they were so concerned about, a law would have been passed a long time ago

They are trying to use military exemption privileges to boost their dying population.

• Lol you think their government cares about that? If this was an issue they were so concerned about, a law would have been passed a long time ago

They are trying to use military exemption privileges to boost their dying population.

i get the point. but i don't think it would convince couples to have more kids, especially women. everyone knows how expensive kids are and how hard is to raise them in times like these. my sis has friends, a couple that have good salaries (they've been together for ageeeees, i wonder do they even know for how long lol) . they don't have kids and never will for that exact reason and they could obviously pull it off. but they don't know what the future holds and won't risk it.

montenegro has a law that gives mothers of three or more kids some kind of compensation (i'd have to google for details because i forgot them :sweat: ) but in 2022 their population still declined

• If I were a Korean guy I rather serve than get myself 3 potential burdens to society

:pepe-life-support:

Like I don't know about you guys in the west but raising 1 kid is already tough enough not to mention 3

well childcare burden falls on women mostly

so men arent losing much for this benefit

• I don't think this is going to work. They really need to figure something out though. Their birthrate situation is dire.

They could also allow more immigration, but they don't want to do that...

europe also has issues with aging population. why do you think france raised the pension age?

my country isn't in eu, if we want to work there we need a working visa. germany has always recognized our engineering degrees but 10-ish years ago they'd decided to also recognize medical degrees because they lack medical staff. once german language was a must to get a visa, it's not anymore. they just want people to come, they'll learn german while living there. they need people, they take even us :sweat:

that ofc means we also have population decline. people are leaving and not enough babies are being born. according to 2022 census we have 6.7m people (and that's a stretch) and in 2011 we had 7.2m. croatia has 3.9m in 2021 and 4.3m in 2011. it's bad

btw my neighbor's brother fled to the uk due to the war in bosnia. he's a doctor but his medical degree wasn't recognized and he had to study from scratch. i envy his persistence, i wouldn't even bother lol

• he is now exempt. rm please go to work and release more songs. you got children to feed

thank you.

atho you could argue it's 5 children he feeds bcs Jin (the eomma of BTS or so us ARMYs think so) is in service so who'd take care of the children??

thank you for the exemption

˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᵐᵃᵏᶤᶰᵍ ᵐᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵒʸ ʷᶤᵗʰ ˡᵘᵛ˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷

Aesthetic GIF - Aesthetic GIFsK-POPPIN IN PINKAesthetic GIF - Aesthetic GIFs

• Isn't it pretty hard to be financially stable under 30 year old with 3+ children? Education take years and you probably can not find good job overnight. Maybe, if you have rich parents? Or 69 hour workweek lol..

• well childcare burden falls on women mostly

so men arent losing much for this benefit

I mean if we are going by traditional gender roles in the family yes childcare burden falls on women, but financially that is x3 more burden on the men as well

And not even guy is well equipped to be financially sound enough to feed 3 more heads, not to mention before 30 years of age

• Isn't it pretty hard to be financially stable under 30 year old with 3+ children? Education take years and you probably can not find good job overnight. Maybe, if you have rich parents? Or 69 hour workweek lol..

This.

Literally the only people who could even try to take advantage of this are celebrities or the wealthy.

If a woman has twins or triplets, that's one thing, but other than that...nah.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• I mean if we are going by traditional gender roles in the family yes childcare burden falls on women, but financially that is x3 more burden on the men as well

And not even guy is well equipped to be financially sound enough to feed 3 more heads, not to mention before 30 years of age

studies shows that even in household where women are the main bread winner still do most of the chores and child cares

so thats a fact independent of how much the man is contributing financially

their parents help them, they might even live together. that's how things work here too

for example, v's parents were busy working and he was raised by his grandparents

• Oh man, i couldn't start over like that.

But yeah, it's often the case that as a country becomes wealthier, the birthrate declines and they will need to rely on immigration if they want to provide benefits to their older population. If they don't want to do that and they can't entice their native population to have more babies, something's gotta give.

Maybe SK should take some of the money from their megaconglomerates and their chaebol families and provide more benefits to mothers.

• Oh man, i couldn't start over like that.

But yeah, it's often the case that as a country becomes wealthier, the birthrate declines and they will need to rely on immigration if they want to provide benefits to their older population. If they don't want to do that and they can't entice their native population to have more babies, something's gotta give.

Maybe SK should take some of the money from their megaconglomerates and their chaebol families and provide more benefits to mothers.

this is a good idea. imo people need better salaries and less working hours. they need financial stability but they also need time to spend with their kids. everyone can give birth to a kid (okay, not everyone, but you get the gist) but being a parent is the hard part

• I don't think many people will be interested in having 3 kids before 30 except if they are wealthy or live outside Seoul which is not as expensive. The expenses for a family of 5 is a big burden even with a two-parent income household. Also, most men don't even get married early enough to have 3 kids before 30

• If I were a Korean guy I rather serve than get myself 3 potential burdens to society

:pepe-life-support:

Like I don't know about you guys in the west but raising 1 kid is already tough enough not to mention 3

Exactly raising children is already hard. I get why the government here is doing it. But often like all governments and old people in power they are out of touch with reality. Like these clowns 🤡🤡🤡 trying to implement a 69hr work week like that's going to help anyone. The reasons we have a dying population in almost every major Asian nation is the extremely hard society especially here in Korea. This was made out of necessity. The reasons most Koreans are very competitive hard working and sometimes very rough towards others and this includes our women it's not just the men that are this way ww are a product of our situation and environment. We became this way because of both world wars our occupation by Japan the Korean war and the drive to bring a peasant broken poorer than Africa country from rags to riches and we did this practically overnight. Industrialized and modernize in under 50yrs where's most countries its hundreds of years we did it in less than half the time. BUT the costs were immense culturally and socially its one of the reasons we have so many problems here.

But back on topic of kids the primary reason people don't want kids is inflation, and job security and lack of personal time. Most people spend most of their time working or in school couple this with the cost of living let alone raising and paying for a child for 18yrs and that's just the financial costs were not even talking about emotional etc of having a family.

The government had introduced some kickbacks for women a slight increase on maternity leave and trying to bribe people a certain dollar amount for having a kid BUT its not enough because it doesn't address the root which is shit costing too much and no personal time. Which leads to people not pursuing relationships outside of meaningless sex= hook-ups. Unlike some bias 🤡🤡🤡 on this site. This drive is driven by women and men alike for these relationships. The policy have nothing to do with some anti woman agenda shit people keep spewing 🤡🤡🤡. The dysfunction in our society has NOTHING TO DO WITH GENDER POLITICS!!! Alot of these clowns need to speak to Koreans and stop pulling shit out of their ass

• This thread contains 13 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!