HYBE is allowed to get away with anything

• because Armys will continue to make excuses for them no matter what

Let me guess, this 3 disk compilation album is going to cost way too much, just like BE. But armys will excuse that and shell out their money anyway.

Only three new songs after the longest wait ever, attached to a bunch of old songs so they can charge more for it.

Despite the fact that playlists have made this entire idea redundant.

What else will HYBE be allowed to get away with?

• because Armys will continue to make excuses for them no matter what

Let me guess, this 3 disk compilation album is going to cost way too much, just like BE. But armys will excuse that and shell out their money anyway.

Only three new songs after the longest wait ever, attached to a bunch of old songs so they can charge more for it.

Do kpop fans buy albums for songs? I don't believe that in this era of online music streaming. Number of songs in an album makes no difference to album sales.

• Only in Kpop non fans will turn a group release a controversy ^^ I get laughing at armys being pepe the clown after waiting for a full album but some people are acting like there's a crime being committed and it's honestly weird, even if BTS is just releasing 3 songs they'll still work their ass offs like any other past release

Edit: my sincere apologies for saying you were a non fan OP, I was mistaken by your post in the official thread

• are you a fan of any hybe group? do you actively consume hybe's products phsyically? because otherwise i don't see why you should care about this at all lol

lol, yes duh. I own several of their album on physical and have paid $$ for concerts, both in person and virtually. I am a big fan of the group.

I’m not even the only one who is really disappointed about this.

• the craziest thing is people who would literally rather take a bullet than criticize HYBE’s management of BTS for anything

they think that criticizing hybe is criticizing bts. i honestly couldn't care less about merch, nobody has to buy it, i certainly won't. but this is music, if it wasn't for music we wouldn't be here. and after 18 months we're getting three songs :cryingr:

• the real question: why is hybe holding the music hostage?

only karmys are (rightfully) giving hybe hell over all the stupid stuff they've been doing lately

I mean for HYBE to decide to do this BTS have to agree too :pepe-shrug:

And yes I do agree their focus these past years have been commercial and put BTS musical career aside, but you'd think after the PTD reception BTS would know better what their fans want yet... They're not being held hostage

• the real question: why is hybe holding the music hostage?

only karmys are (rightfully) giving hybe hell over all the stupid stuff they've been doing lately

no but this is just furthering the pattern that Hybe has displayed since 2020.

From Be being so overpriced, to the endless waves of merch, to the NFTs, to the webtoons, to the change in musical direction for BTS, to the general feeling that management views fans as just ATMs.

BigHit was always eager to many money, but nowadays it just feels so blatant and in your face

• lol, yes duh. I own several of their album on physical and have paid $$ for concerts, both in person and virtually. I am a big fan of the group.

I’m not even the only one who is really disappointed about this.

then you have every right to complain :thumbup:

• no but this is just furthering the pattern that Hybe has displayed since 2020.

From Be being so overpriced, to the endless waves of merch, to the NFTs, to the webtoons, to the change in musical direction for BTS, to the general feeling that management views fans as just ATMs.

BigHit was always eager to many money, but nowadays it just feels so blatant and in your face

why are we still on this narrative? BE was simply not overpriced. it was priced accordingly to the content contained in the album. it was only $36 in sk, but because of shipping and demand in the u.s the list price was $50. the album had the physical content of 2 albums with two full photobooks and a full set of photocards and was priced like such. today the official u.s amazon listing has it marked down to $34.99, which happens to all of their albums 6 months to a year after release.

can we at least use logic here. you could say BE was too expensive for you, but it was not factually overpriced.

also the nfts have not launched and the webtoons are pretty much free. im not sure how most of these "examples" actually back your point.

who's your favorite artist?

• I always thought kpop acts released way too much music tbh. Like I remember in 2016 BTS used to release almost twice as much music as EXO and I was shocked. I didn’t even know having 15 songs on album like clockwork every few months could be a thing.

Anyway I think it’s ok to be disappointed but I don’t think anyone can say the company or the group is “less interested in music” because they are releasing less content than they did in 2016.

You were over fed before and it feels less probably. But if they only have a full album after 2-3 years I wouldn’t necessarily say it’s something to complain about. After 10 years in the industry if they want to release albums only every few years and singles for the rest of the time, it seems completely reasonable to me. It might even be what they want and not just the company.

60619b148b25d76d88138e9fb9a750ba.gif

• no but this is just furthering the pattern that Hybe has displayed since 2020.

hybe definitely is trash and wants to milk them for every last drop, including paying for and releasing corporate pop like ptd but bts says they're always busy working on music. hobi said his mixtape was supposed to come out on his birthday but it couldn't for "reasons". JK and Tae's mixtapes went from almost ready then not ready then deleted. so where is the music. WHERE IS IT

• You're right, of course, but the expectation is hard to get rid of.

After 2021, I thought for sure we were going to kick start a new era.

Because even before 2021, Be felt like, I don't know, a stop-gap?

• I read some threads titles and I thought it mean they would have 3 title tracks (for some reason idk, my brain ain awake) and I was like wow thats a lot

then I see all the threads being made and I have to re-read again and it click

it's odd to say the least

• hybe definitely is trash and wants to milk them for every last drop, including paying for and releasing corporate pop like ptd but bts says they're always busy working on music. hobi said his mixtape was supposed to come out on his birthday but it couldn't for "reasons". JK and Tae's mixtapes went from almost ready then not ready then deleted. so where is the music. WHERE IS IT

well if all this extent they can always sue

korea do not care for hybe, they care for bts and if other groups could do it they can do it

doing it will also give bts a victorious kind of rebirth other groups had when they left their companies as a group and that will elevate them even more in korea

• hybe definitely is trash and wants to milk them for every last drop, including paying for and releasing corporate pop like ptd but bts says they're always busy working on music. hobi said his mixtape was supposed to come out on his birthday but it couldn't for "reasons". JK and Tae's mixtapes went from almost ready then not ready then deleted. so where is the music. WHERE IS IT

I legitimately forgot about Jungkook and Taehyung's mixtapes.

• You're right, of course, but the expectation is hard to get rid of.

After 2021, I thought for sure we were going to kick start a new era.

Because even before 2021, Be felt like, I don't know, a stop-gap?

Tbh 30 or more songs a year where you participating in some part of the production and then recording it and then promoting it while also going on tour. Kpop fans don’t realize how much idols are sacrificing when they give an abundance of content to their fans.

And I understand that’s what many acts do to stay relevant to gain new fans. BTS themselves gained many fans by having a lot of music and content.

But I will never assume that’s what an artist wants or that’s something that we should expect so much. Given a chance I think being like how BTS are rn is what many would prefer. I don’t think they’re gonna go 5 years without music but around 2-3 years doesn’t seem so bad. Esp since they haven’t toured big enough with their previous album.

• This thread contains 134 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!