[instiz] [EXCLUSIVE] NCT STEALS STARTUP'S PATENTED TECHNOLOGY FOR THEIR EXHIBITION...? RAISES SUSPICIONS OF PLAGIARISM

• [instiz] [EXCLUSIVE] NCT STEALS STARTUP'S PATENTED TECHNOLOGY FOR THEIR EXHIBITION...? RAISES SUSPICIONS OF PLAGIARISM

AVvXsEi3MazQZ2DeKU2X7-PDOJOI0tGZreElW7Y5mMQWlD3STSHq2oOh29JEvTyLE1YkfCa_i9fx-CDvhUXybJkTZ1YKKAbJujM7CmJ497FRiFxz95QwDW6CtkkWZ0T4ol-9AtJ16eclFa-YzqcjkpZSlALWysWRNpYKfKh8sySijjAUVddaaCKk3C0G-kxo=s16000

The content showcased at NCT's exhibition was suspected of stealing the technology of a domestic startup.

Works using GIV (Gesture Interactive Video) technology were unveiled at the 'NCT HOME' exhibition, which has been held at X-Factory in Seongsu-dong, Seoul since February 8. Suspicions have been raised that it may have copied technologies and ideas from other companies that have even been registered with the Korean Intellectual Property Office.

The patent holder of GIV technology is Momenti, an American IT startup. In addition, the patent license and domestic monopoly right for the technology belong to Backslash, known as an affiliate of Moment.

Live Connect, a consignment company of SM Entertainment that planned and hosted 'NCT HOME', first encountered GIV technology and various sample contents at a meeting with Backslash in May of last year. After positively discussing how to utilize the NCT exhibition, an additional meeting was held. Afterwards, the collaboration stopped, but eight months later, an exhibition using the technology and ideas was held.

AVvXsEjn_yWXKPTIMfGGOCNMSXLZeexoNoyT9hIMLLqbkHHWmub3ygMT8VG-S2cvY_sEkZ6_WNwcFTTsJEOtb_QhFBFTFiFfm_fccLzJFTdRc18SszetWDjIaLVSYiL_2rwbh362dD2Z11kw-JLV0Am5H67vgPcqgvxt1byG-yrMNrkMCcuXZftR8DhVwDjo=s16000

As a result, SM seemed to be getting proof of content from Backslash, a Korean monopoly business owner, and starting to remove the problematic works. However, after being notified that the works potentially "cannot be regarded as an infringement of patent rights" through a patent attorney, the company sent a proof of contents through the consignment company and notified that it would resume the exhibition.

In response, Backslash sent a warning letter stating the patent infringement, and the exhibition content has been changed to a version without GIV technology.

The work has already received enthusiastic responses from fans through social media. The damage to the startup company is getting bigger as people started mistaking their technology as 'latecomer' or 'fake' although they first held the patent.

Regarding this, Backslash said, "We are currently discussing how to solve this problem."

In addition, SM Entertainment said, "We have given Live Connect, the exhibition planning agency, overall authority for the planning and operation of the 'NCT HOME' exhibition, and received an official letter from the legal representative of the company that raised the suspicion, and asked the exhibition agency to confirm the facts and respond. Currently, the company that planned the exhibition is directly communicating with the company that raised the suspicion of plagiarism, and related content has been temporarily suspended from the exhibition and replaced with other content. In order for the dispute to be resolved quickly, we are conducting mediation and reviewing whether or not rights have been infringed at the same time."

original post: here

1. Why is SM acting this way

2. Hul, and there were so many fans who went because of that technology too. Did they even post a notice for to the fans??

3. So they only held meetings and are stealing ideas from companies that make a living out of ideas...

4. What sins have the artists committed?..

5. Ah.. so that's why they removed it..?ㅋㅋㅋ I was wondering why...

6. So they met and stopped the collaboration and 8 months later, they started a exhibition with the idea they discussed at the meetingㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    > Seriously eba

7. Pay the royalties before using the technology, I'm begging you

8. They are seriously thugs... aigo...

9. Just scrap the whole exhibition

10. They didn't even do this without knowing and even held a meeting... for real, they are nothing else than thugs

[instiz] [EXCLUSIVE] NCT STEALS STARTUP'S PATENTED TECHNOLOGY FOR THEIR EXHIBITION...? RAISES SUSPICIONS OF PLAGIARISM
    We translate Pann articles about Korean news, music, drama and lifestyle
    www.pannchoa.com

• i saw this typee of concept a hundred times with AI and virtual character

this idea isn't thee propriety of someone

if the technology is patented... they do own it. thats literally what that means. i also don't think doing something like this to a real person's image is the same tech as it is with AI

• To be fair, many SM groups were linked with plagiarism (not the group or members themselves but the songs/concept)

Exo’s Love Shot - they had to add Louis Tomlinson in the credits after release

aespa Black Mamba teaser concept - they had to add the original designer in the credits after release. But the good thing is the designer then worked on Savage’s concept

Red Velvet’a teaser Umpah-umpah concept - similar story as aespa’s

So now NCT is not left out. Although this is worse because I don’t think the start up company will be compensated.

• i saw this typee of concept a hundred times with AI and virtual character

this idea isn't thee propriety of someone

Yup this is just someone wanting a bigger piece of the pie=$$$ this type of technology is not really original there's hundreds of variants all slightly different than the other but to the uninformed public it's all the same to them. Just like the phone you use they are all essentially the same thing just slightly different looking. As an IT Administrator myself I know how this shit works. This company would need to get a sample of NCT code and check it to confirm it contains none of their IP. Besides that this is a non issue situation it has absolutely nothing to do with the idols and they should receive no problems from it unless certain people are brain dead stupid. 99.99% of idols are dumb as s rock when comes to decision like this and far removed from it. They barely know how to operate their own PCs and phones lol none of them could code anything let alone make a program and use it. This is entirely on the corporate bigwigs

• That's a weird exhibition, I bet creepy things will happen with certain types of people using that display lol.

Also super mario 64 paved the way

mario-face-1024x538.jpg

You are right about Mario he did 1000% pave the way the game engine for this and the graphics engine and use of the architecture that created the expansion card for the n64 really put this and future forms of technology on the map. Nintendo is the reason we are where we are today.

• Exo’s Love Shot - they had to add Louis Tomlinson in the credits after release

one thing that happened directly because of armys and no other reason. So it’s hilarious you bring this up. Every single day armys love to play the victim and say how EXOL trended some shit in 2015 or whatever and ruined BTS lives while completely forgetting this.

It’s clear SM settled out of court by giving credits but that only had to happen because of a viral tweet by an army. Or if you hate the term armys let’s call it “exo anti”

No one knows if SM would have won if they would have gone to court so bold of you to call it “plagiarism” ironic as well. And we know this because there was DEFINITELY no court case.

This brings me to that dude on tiktok that makes videos on how different songs sound alike including for your favs and everyone in kpop. Behaving like as if the whole of LS sounds like that sub par song by the 1D dude and some great scandal had happened lol.

Nothing I just want to remind everyone of shitty army behavior that seems to have been forgotten over the years but they keep bringing up everyone else’s. So gotta return the favor.

• Oh yeah? After the 100th baseless uniform/clothes, font and sink plagiarism of exo-losers claiming BTS did? That still won't erase that your favs were the only ones to actually go to court while BTS credits everyone they have ever sampled. No matter how much you want to revise history remember this "for every action there is a reaction" Imagine if exo-losers weren't absolute shitshows and didn't drag BTS since 2014? You can't because y'all still doing baseless plagiarism accusations till today as if Kai didn't just grab the Black Swan wings and painted it neon green. :pepe-joy:

• You can't spell PlagiariSM without SM :pepe-use-head: . They just live up their name, I guess?

• Oh yeah? After the 100th baseless uniform/clothes, font and sink plagiarism of exo-losers claiming BTS did? That still won't erase that your favs were the only ones to actually go to court while BTS credits everyone they have ever sampled. No matter how much you want to revise history remember this "for every action there is a reaction" Imagine if exo-losers weren't absolute shitshows and didn't drag BTS since 2014? You can't because y'all still doing baseless plagiarism accusations till today as if Kai didn't just grab the Black Swan wings and painted it neon green. :pepe-joy:

I will ignore incoherent nonsense you wrote and say wings are not new concept in pop culture and have been done X number of times, years before black swan (song or movie) which don't have original concept to begin with lol

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!