what is the real definition of "pick me girl" in kpop?

• putting down other girls to get attention from boys and nobody in kpop is anything close to pick me, for start girls and boys are barely in the same room lol, acting cute isn't pick me, not even close

• How bout pick me boy? Does it exists? ;judgingpepe:

sadly that will never be a thing because only male validation is a prized jewel while female validation holds no value - women’s purpose in life is to serve men so their approval of all and any man is second nature and has no special meaning you know :-)

• No one. "Pick me"'s put other people down to get romantic attention, and the last thing these companies want is to publicly show their idols actively having beef with another group. I'm sure idols date and hookup in private, so we'll hopefully never know what their relationships are like unless they announce something publicly.

All the girls accused of it are just acting cute and feminine, the stans are the ones overratcting to female idols acting cute when there aren't even boys around. So if anything, the kpop stans are the pick me's. The fans talk down to female idols in the vacuum of stan social media, because nothing ever happens.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• In K-pop aka what many K-pop fans consider a pick me?

Girls who are prettier and more successful than me where I have to attributes anything they do to being a pick me to feel better about myself. Female idol being tomboyish or opinionated? ie tries too much to be relatable so men pick her. Too feminine or acts cute? ie acts pretty so men pick her.

Seriously though as much as I hate the baby talk because it’s fake and creepy, accusing female idols to do it in order to get male attention is disgusting.

In a way, those who call female idols pick mes are the true definition and original meaning of the word. They are the ones putting down other girls. I have yet to see a female idol putting down other girls like they do.

lt64IYu.gif

• In reality: Putting other women down to receive (positive) attention. Often goes hand in hand with the "not like other girls" trope but focuses specifically on male validation and romantic interest.

In Kpop: Any girl group member who's pretty and popular enough to make people feel majorly insecure about themselves, causing them to throw any negative label they can think of at her.

• Loads ere m8

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

"We're always with InSomnia, we can spend more time, beyond limits together!"

• OK I don't really know what Pick me girl means, I only know "attention seeker" and I just think of "PMG" as a synonym usually. I don't know the nuance about the type of behavior of putting down other girls that seem like a threat or something.

"Attention seeker". It's not when a person is just simply behaving and moving normally, it's when a person acts so unnatural in a way that implies the desire for attention/being perceived as different, that it makes people watching uncomfortable. However it can be subjective just because someone is beautiful and confident they draw too much attention by their every move without even trying and they were just acting normal but it makes you super uncomfortable because their hair or outfit is too loud or something, and it seems like they know, but maybe they don't even know

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Pick me girls sound like female versions of male incel types who go on TW and make fun of homely lookin dudes who have hotter GFs or wives. I get it, it's real tough out there in the dating world, but if you have to resort to attacking other dudes, calling them "betas" and whatnot, all you're doing is making yourself seem insecure and jealous, which are usually huge turnoffs.

• Pick me girls sound like female versions of male incel types who go on TW and make fun of homely lookin dudes who have hotter GFs or wives. I get it, it's real tough out there in the dating world, but if you have to resort to attacking other dudes, calling them "betas" and whatnot, all you're doing is making yourself seem insecure and jealous, which are usually huge turnoffs.

I imagine that incels and those that call themselves 'Alphas' are different groups.

Perhaps incels look up to 'Alphas'.

• How bout pick me boy? Does it exists? ;judgingpepe:

Boys acting crazy whenever they see cameras on them -- "omg so CHAOTIC lolz, luv them"

Girl looks at camera 8 inches from her face -- "ugh pick me ass bitch. None of these dudes like you."

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!