If these rookie girlgroups were to cover their senior's hit songs at MAMA, which songs woud u pick?

• I'm only including the 2020-2021 rookies with notable seniors and in stayc's case I'm considering BEP' hits since they don't have any other group in their company, if I'm missing a group pls let me know!

WEEEKLY / SENIORS: APINK, HIT SONG: NONONO

I think the girls fit most of apink's concepts but between Mr. Chu and Nonono, my pick is the later since I think it's more upbeat and fresh like Weeekly's concept. Monday would also do great doing Eunji's parts

AESPA / SENIORS: SNSD, F(X) AND RED VELVET, HIT SONG: DANGER/ELECTRIC SHOCK

I pick a f(x) song because I think snsd have too many members singing so it would be more difficult to adapt it to aespa and red velvet's songs aren't as suitable to them imo, while f(x) aren't paid the same attention when it comes to covers and I think they have a lot of similarities with aespa.

With Danger or ES they could show a brighter side which the girls have been wanting to do and also prove how versatile they are, while not leaving the girl crush concept completly

STAYC / BEP HIT SONG: TWICE'S LIKEY

Stayc girls know how to do high-teen concepts with a right amount of cuteness and their speciality is catchy choreos so a twice song would fit them perfectly. I also considered wjsn's happy but stayc already did the cheerleader concept. Plus, I think J would kill it doing Dahyun's rap part and Sieun's vocal color fits with a lot of the vocal parts.

LIGHTSUM / SENIORS: 4MINUTE, CLC AND G-IDLE. HIT SONG: DUMDI DUMDI

I saw their cover of Oh my god and I'd like to see them doing another idle song, I think since most of the members look cute and are young, a fresher song would fit them better. I was torn between DD and one of CLC's early releases but the catchy choreo and summer concept of DD won

PURPLE KISS/ SENIORS: MAMAMOO, HIT SONG: HIP

I will admit I don't know much about PK but since I liked Zombie and watched their stages, I think a sassy concept like Hip could make them stand-out more, and they do have the talent and stage presence to make it good

IVE / SENIORS: SISTAR AND WJSN , HIT SONG: BOOGIE UP

we don't know what concept they will have , but based on the teasers it's kinda black clothes + serious expressions, so I do like to see them doing a summer song, and while sistar are the queens of summer, I think WJSN's songs fit them better since the IVE girls are very young and more on the cute side. WJSN have a lot of dreamy, elegant songs but Wonyoung and Yujin have done enough of that in Izone imo

KEPLER / SURVIVAL SHOW SENIORS: IOI AND IZONE , HIT SONG: VERY VERY VERY

GP was basically a new season of produce, and mnet was behind all these groups so I do consider Kepler a spiritual successor of the produce groups. We also don't know what concept Kepler will have but I do love to see the girls doing a bubbly and cute song like VVV, since I think most of them fit that vibe and they didn't cover IOI in the show. Plus, Yeseo and Chaehyun remind me a lot of Somi and Sejeong (their vibes and positions)

So, which songs would you pick for each rookie group to cover?? remember, only from their seniors discography (in the case of stayc it could be any BEP song)

WEEEKLY:

AESPA:

STAYC:

LIGHTSUM:

PURPLE KISS:

IVE:

KEPLER:

• Weekly and No No No for sure it fits their image perfectly

I would personally love to see Aespa do Red Light by f(x).

StayC would fit really well with Miss A's only you to me.

Lightsum are super fresh maybe something like 4minute's Heart to Heart could fit well if not Dumdi Dumdi is a genius choice.

Purple Kiss I would go with mamamoo's Dingga which also has a similar vibe somehow to Zombie probably the disco funk feel.

Ive- hard to judge rn as they haven't debuted really and I know near nothing about non Eujin/Wonyoung members yet

kepler- yeah Very Very Very is probably the best song for them to cover atm visually I would say it fits them generally pretty well.

• Weeekly - Mr Chu, kinda similar to their concept but more on the cute side

Aespa - ITNW or Psycho, I would love to see them ace a more vocal heavy song

StayC - hmm maybe fancy? It’s kind of like a more mature so bad and would suit them

Lightsum - Crazy b/c I feel like it’s a rite of passage for cube gg

Purple Kiss - Something like decalcomanie

IVE - just basing it off Yujin and Wonyoung who already did something similar to WJSN, maybe something super bright like I Swear

Kep1er - probably very very very or la vie en rose can’t pick

• Weeekly: No No No

Aespa: You Think by SNSD fits them PERFECTLY as there's enough parts for everyone

Stayc: Likey I agree

Lightsum: 4minute's What's Poppin? (PLEASE COVER THIS LIGHTSUM)

Purple Kiss: Hip -- biggest hit but personally my favorite would be Egoistic

IVE: for me WJSN Butterfly but it matches with IZ*One's old concept

Kepler: Very Very Very

• Omg aespa doing danger by f(x) is an ABSOLUTE YES, no other options are vali

For Ive any WJSN song would do, i would love Secret but i'm not sure if they could carry it, SMSY and Butterfly would be great options too but idk.. Sistar songs are too sexy for them lol they need something fresh and youthful i just listed the other 3 because theyre my fav wjsn songs. As You Wish? Yes As You Wish it is.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!