[enter-talk/theqoo] AESPA'S MEDIA PLAY FOR COACHELLA IS INDEED INSANE

• [enter-talk/theqoo] AESPA'S MEDIA PLAY FOR COACHELLA IS INDEED INSANE

AVvXsEhvRX3OzcOwGuRTKSNidL_uNWDCL-85Yyaz1nUGLPzHT7lECHd5kO1WPq0h-XTHifFFLiPYoGKIZrzoz6JN4_gKzpaZu4lG24kpWHqInVfju4iXfS8oLhTyz6r59WTWTQ8gRE_PPvhF0K0-_8rof1wwctEIHR-YRAFigyBO5xgzg-feiaN41t00qYnP=s16000

AVvXsEgeu323MuYZKZaC-9ZYgTBJylffHOwlnN5omSK4NUIOae6GxJyTFeSmPGCuXlE59ICo_0At5Hw4ilPnt6ZEBYQv3EbOaCLrP8okKI9u_6IugbT8csRtJtHxsvdHzkQpY7jwCVfGTFwKITUcfQ0NHD7nRrUsd6MKC2m-rNR9ZI0r0GoMZTwahAVKTWPG=s16000

They wrote it as if they were attending by themselves

But they were 88 Rising's guests

AVvXsEiGSZ0wsb18heeMb_oiRWoYjkRy4mT2i4sIqRexQfKegDwfTguxG10IdB0nUvfRg1PT2bCNckVTXP0RwiEvqkNIOEFHpqe3moFS7ZadgLao7MN6r9d3HUBcGi7fncwxLzj6NNzucIGy4M1OxtVXD900a0baccW9uvIhesTrBYK3EAf8S-vgfNchenhH=s16000

"The 80-minute special ensemble performance planned by 88Rising brings together Asian artists that transcend countries and generations to give fans a once-in-a-lifetime, moving experience.

Korean artists Yoon Mirae, CL, 2NE1, BIBI, Jackson Wang from GOT7, Japanese national singer HIKARU UTADA, and Indonesian global star Rich Brian, NIKI, rookie rapper Warren Hue, Thai artist MILLI were part of the global lineup, and received a warm response from fans."

AVvXsEjYrU-OKUquRA5T_Seb7ZOhgwDY1jq8bVKx5tgOVOHfl8ap8olnhz7NKbE-1Vm1hD6yOsqml-fKpVFJ4k-VEctyyk2EPEwFgYbxuavKr7Gy-bsCJfFj9gVxzzaTKucQ-im5xVoTy6eT_10S4xQWeBhaDO_O_jFCSAUA-bhgFMewkhdzwv2_dKzKrC3w=s16000

"Got7 member Jackson, to perform on American Coachella festival's main stage"

AVvXsEg309ZTozJyMtBoVqM9ZxrA3G422eaZOeiwXgRZqA6ucj7Fw6olsVilkAJCsmedzXg2JcMLQqa_Dmk2KBY9WmzUsMMHEtH0-Pgb82be58gf918Cc2CBxyu640YLo9ewVaGV0SgpJbYfkn4PVs7bVBCsOKjk_cpF5PElbpsVxr4qrUwwRDz28D0vbrm-=s16000

"2NE1, heats up Coachella's main stage with a full group stage after 7 years"

AVvXsEj1OSipyIKaZ5BKnDCohTN6Lp1FuSRpuqQgSKFyefvEEdD5u03-nLr3CLhnXUR016mvKfWFh8HUYyxlFq5bJ9G8fbs2QjVp8uoRQ-cPIP0oikcw3rspKqcoygHmPwBOwqJnBJRh-8Xb1GR8JFQn8bBBL10e0OKROSs-zU09dcjI0GFs-Q_wcgh082sK=s16000

"BIBI X Yoon Mirae, heat up American Coachella... dominate the main stage"

These people also appeared on the same 88Rising stage but everyone was quiet

AVvXsEgL08GGcEzIejfpMpUadwJmEbnsooIfzEubDf-m0XkYOz1pRlh2csWkFAeTxRnAIBMFGg-cvblIUa0b-asc0bO4U9UAGkvr_eG6b-m0f7L_Xk4o2tsTXMWHGmp4_ouOiNU-zO1nIdxKMDBMd4CtnvJza6RTnm-3DnGkJOLocm2-qffMvxiNzTdv4nmw=s16000

"- Aespa, to stand on American Coachella's main stage 'the first K-pop girl group'

- Aespa is going too, US Coachella festival

- Aespa, to perform their new song on Coachella stage

- Aespa Giselle, 'walks towards Coachella while taking care of Ningning'

- Aespa, the first K-pop girl group to go on 'Coachella''s main stage"

AVvXsEjOIUTnm-FDbZB-EiGDiWVvVshpI8dZb_RhpMLYE3qBLFs81EnOCaBxjfFNJ6CXroPH0xz1OZOaAJ-qcjn99VBryugcLrLaGmdQDShMZdkeQGFm9TBaKNtquT3WqcZhbZ3wGjGcWDas9YIsnHiUtRDdsDyHFXtOeLU62LArqVC8unWRHsvlvZyFdESk=s16000

Aespa, first K-pop girl group to enter the US Coachella's main stage

In 2019, Blackpink performed on the sub-stage

This year, 2NE1 make a surprise stage in the first week and attracted the news"

Only SM would drag BP by omitting the fact that they were on the head lineup

They weren't invited by Coachella either, they were sponsored as part of the 88Rising label

2NE1 has the "first" title but they swapped them up

Why are they doing this..

post response:

[+458][-42]

original post: here

1. [+161, -97]

You guys were the ones dragging Aespa when nothing was confirmed but now, you are only talking about the media play while hiding the fact that they are going to Coachellaㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I'm not even Aespa's fan but I'm disgusted

2. [+142, -56]

For 3 days, Pann girls were showing their inferiority complex while saying that Coachella wasn't a big event but turned out, it's really a big eventㅋㅋ who would make such a big fuss if they were going to some K-con?

3. [+130, -77]

You really went through a hard time looking up things here and there while struggling instead of sleeping

4. [+102, -7]

For real, what does that make 2NE1 and Blackpink?

5. [+83, -21]

Because OP brought in facts, MYs can't help but reply sarcasticly

6. [+60, -33]

They want to be called the "next Blackpink" by any means ㅋㅋ from the fact that they were a 4-members group, it was already all on purpose

7. [+58, -12]

They tried to hide the fact that they were guests while going all out with the articles but it's all coming to light now

[theqoo] AESPA WHO IS PARTICIPATING IN COACHELLA THROUGH 88RISING'S STAGE

AVvXsEjQq-1KcST3IcGGf6bCvKo4TzE4lSM27oLQf87djB8VpVQPep7Oy6QY79wzzvhCzv9I0ou4YOcKkRwNZvCNE-sW6uNjmM-kW1vYgNnjWu-vMWBWmUwVq8W4L8g8OsRgpd02AQ9gH1zRqPDWEJANWfpDauBLq4ldL1N2nIveHZpC2nMU2XlDl3-Np-Xf=s16000

AVvXsEgl_wZdXdgsjE0rW8vtqS3YlfbILUNMB4GIcX6-hkCkkGsU5lQ45I2aN83pGXIM37uuSx5eTA55wwfSRCBGc6Rt6CQLdKXJajNbQpqJS123vWWAIYWkyvz8s4WBAE5j8zpxBrhCFnC_unAt6kVqEZzTkV-Wyipzfw1Z-af-ss6q64_-zFXW-Mk9hNaG=s16000

88Rising = a label that introduces Asian musicians and artists in the US

CL's stage at Coachella was also the 88Rising label stage

You can tell that Aespa is the same since they will perform 4 songs (around 15 min)

By the way, CL will be at the 88Rising stage this week too (2 weeks of performance)

original post: here

1. Ultimately, they were invited by 88Rising but SM media playedㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ they said it as if they were gonna have their individual stage on the main stage but what are they gonna do about this media play?? Seriously ridiculous

2. That tweet came from Coachella's main Twitter account. When the articles were out, there were so many comments speculating that they would be part of the 88Rising stage but turned out, it was true. When they said that Aespa got formally invited, I was wondering if they were gonna come as their own name and not from the 88Rising label but they were indeed with 88Rising

3. If you are curious about who is really performing on the main stage, just try to find Aespa's name in the 2022 poster and that's it... By the way, my eyes can't find Aespa

AVvXsEgz56JRoMjIG-_7FcrGQy8RK-T6fr8lK-u8RNfzn42IQIH2ALXZEpr9WS_UHmp5N3VOc1Dx95GrAg4LIQYPcUs6cHgAeDBLra9MFzuJZ9WzXLw1Rt_9l0F8H8fxMCYaf9n0Y1rKw89YpsDsAOM_66HtGPbySaqR6RazmSMQQkRN5UMeVVd8G1kdBCxh=s16000

AVvXsEjYXZBv7OI1zTFFqAaaEwNAN7vJl8UWQ4aurXJ-MHIWR7pHL3dxtWpL6o6Q3FSsgF1PXPxKjtF_Mw8Yt9-lFagI_B88C3h1C2SIP8j4hTdqj09fJrIObiZZGuYCA9kPzjLmZ_wdfOvwniZGJ2ToGiuR9-nyKfPZzJxGE_HveP5gQQZv4kWtMjFBiKkj=s16000

4. Just seeing this article, you could tell SM's intentionㅋㅋ it's good that they are trying to promote their singers but who are they trying to drag with this? The people who don't know the festival well would just read the title and think that the main stage is super impressive. It's just that they will use the main stage as their stage but they are purposely using this for media play and that's why everyone is bashing them

AVvXsEioW59gmCTszsRpzp3BrAPRKOHqAnr15Cq3FV1XKeu4rYFf9iYquUZB6zvUNN3KxHqcSw_i1GKETL7yd-OYSIIdcw_Sr7w2GwREuGcIMPzgl4RFZd73IEosZF5iGNz-i8fiiHHHbCQmuE9AiFNQC6jwyo0z-I8ccycddLO6PQl5rhsKORhsCQi4zop1=w552-h640

5. The media play is so cheap but the shields are also disgracefulㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ since when do people hype themselves like this for Coachella?

6. No but the important thing here is that they will have a stageㅠ why is everyone fighting here

7. I hope they sing live

8. They are getting hate because they were media playing about how Aespa were the main and BP were the sub and whatnotㅋㅋㅋㅋ Everyone knows that SM has no popularity in North America thoughㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

9. So all of this was media play.. and they claimed that they were the first

10. It's too obvious where SM media played that it just looks patheticㅠㅠ they were obsessed with having the ending stage back then but now are obsessed with having the "first" tag

• SM's mediaplay backfired

It actually didn't

people can't go on 5 min without mentioning Aespa

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• negatively

You act like they weren't getting dragged about it before the announcement was even made. As soon as they started dropping hints about going, they were being dragged by these same losers.

Like I said in another thread I find it hilarious that people are throwing a fit about this. Five minutes after 2NE1's performance ended, pressed weirdos were all over stan twt making a point that 2NE1 was only invited by CL and that Blackpink was the only girl group to be invited by the organizers and now here we are 5 days later with the same people saying "but 2NE1 was invited!"

The goalposts will move to wherever they need to be so these losers can drag people and it doesn't matter who says or does what.

• idek why there was a need to mention main stage sub stage etc

aespa performing at Coachella is enough to bring in the hype

Tbh i was surprised with the whole "1st kgg" thing while totally ignoring PinkChella and for what?

Aespa being invited is already a huge thing and while some would bark like always, other would do their best in supporting the girls as again, this is huge, but SME really did the most just for clownery...

Anyways, i hope Aespa slays Coachella and seeing how i love all their tts i also hope the new song is another banger!! Let's go Aespa! Fighting!!

• You act like they weren't getting dragged about it before the announcement was even made. As soon as they started dropping hints about going, they were being dragged by these same losers.

Like I said in another thread I find it hilarious that people are throwing a fit about this. Five minutes after 2NE1's performance ended, pressed weirdos were all over stan twt making a point that 2NE1 was only invited by CL and that Blackpink was the only girl group to be invited by the organizers and now here we are 5 days later with the same people saying "but 2NE1 was invited!"

The goalposts will move to wherever they need to be so these losers can drag people and it doesn't matter who says or does what.

I don't agree with you. Losers will be losers in all fandoms, but let's not act as if SME didn't play dirty with the exaggeration and even normal blinks side eyed SME bc of this.

SME did the most turned it to the worst and now blinks should do what? Take the blame over a company mistake? Not all blinks are being jealous or whatever, some are just laughing at SME and how they really tried to exclude PinkChella or make it less important.

• You act like they weren't getting dragged about it before the announcement was even made. As soon as they started dropping hints about going, they were being dragged by these same losers.

we can all agree that SM's need to make this a record put aespa in this situation

• I don't agree with you. Losers will be losers in all fandoms, but let's not act as if SME didn't play dirty with the exaggeration and even normal blinks side eyed SME bc of this.

SME did the most turned it to the worst and now blinks should do what? Take the blame over a company mistake? Not all blinks are being jealous or whatever, some are just laughing at SME and how they really tried to exclude PinkChella or make it less important.

Where did I say it was all Blinks? I honestly don't care if you agree with me, but don't put words in my mouth.

• we can all agree that SM's need to make this a record put aespa in this situation

We can all agree that only people who give a shit about what some fucking press release said are fucking losers.

• Where did I say it was all Blinks? I honestly don't care if you agree with me, but don't put words in my mouth.

You act like they weren't getting dragged about it before the announcement was even made. As soon as they started dropping hints about going, they were being dragged by these same losers.

So who were pressed over 2ne1 performance and who was talking about how just BP got officially invented? Another fandom who loves BP? ....

You were involving blinks here while trying to ignore SME dumb moves? They did a ridiculous mediaplay and unfortunately Aespa are being dragged bc of it. Losers and SME are in the same side in this whole fiasco.

• So who were pressed over 2ne1 performance and who was talking about how just BP got officially invented? Another fandom who loves BP? ....

You were involving blinks here while trying to ignore SME dumb moves? They did a ridiculous mediaplay and unfortunately Aespa are being dragged bc of it. Losers and SME are in the same side in this whole fiasco.

And like I said.. they were being dragged before the announcement was even made. No where did I say it was all Blinks. I said "people on stan twt" so if you're offended on behalf of some assholes on stan twt then that's on you. I personally don't consider those racists pieces of shit to be fans of anyone.

• And like I said.. they were being dragged before the announcement was even made. No where did I say it was all Blinks. I said "people on stan twt" so if you're offended on behalf of some assholes on stan twt then that's on you. I personally don't consider those racists pieces of shit to be fans of anyone.

But all i see is you talking about fans when SME is right here, doing their circus and being dragged for it rightfully so why talk about the "fans" even in a situation like this? The focus here is the mediaplay SME did and how it backfired. I'm a normal blink, but i didn't like what SME did here and me or any other user giving our opinion and laughing at SME isn't wrong neither abnormal. Hating on Aespa is wrong, but i don't see any hate comment here.

• If SM spend so much time media playing, they better did it because they prepared a bang and want people to watch it, live vocals, good performance, if they do another lipsync music show performance with a random dance break, they are gonna be stupidest company and aespa won't gain much from this beside a huge amount of hate

• Sm Stan's deflecting that sm phrase it to give that idea that aespa was invited by ch CEO or Co. And was the first gg to ever done it. Like I said before, not everybody is tupid like that (or want to pretend to be stupid)

And it wasnt just them linking it to their Twitter page, it was a post made by themselves so they gotta carry with all the blame

• "media play" is the most mis-used and non-sensical insult in kpop lol, of course companies are gonna hype up their acts and release articles, that's part of the point of having a company

In this case it is really mediaplay.

Hyping up =/= Omitting facts + misleading

Omitting that aespa are not personally invited to the event but they are part of 88rising slot. Their name is not on the banner unlike Blackpink who was personally invited (side stage or not doesnt matter). And then, even considering main stage, 2ne1 was there first. Neither 2ne1 nor aespa are officially invited by coachella. They are both under 88rising slot (which is likely paid promotion). Brave of SM to just ignore 2NE1 like that. No wonder they got called out

I love aespa and i think SM doesnt need to create this kind of mediaplay to hype them up. Performing at coachella is already impressive feat. And please let the girls sing live please. They all are good singers so they could definitely carry the stage

• mocking SM's antics is funny but it's even funnier watching SM stans act like they'd die before they're able to admit any wrongdoing ^^

anyway hope aespa have fun this weekend, it'll be a big night for them!

• Tbh it looks like SM didn’t know about the 2ne1 reunion. 2ne1 performed in CL’s spot as a surprise most likely. It’s not even that deep. It’s obvious no one wants to look like a fool. Now you can blv they deliberately pretended 2ne1 didn’t exist but I bet SM is just stupid in not doing due diligence. Less about media play and more that they were caught off guard.

As for invitation. I don’t think it matters if it cochella or 88rising. That part only obsessed kpop fans who get too easily fooled because they’re incapable of rational thought will take offense to.

• I find it funny because blinks are literally fighting over a technicality on twitter and Stan verse right now about BP being the first “kpop group” as opposed to Epik High who were the actual first Korean group.

Like it’s so hilarious how everyone is so pressed about cochella a useless music festival that literally most Americans do not give a shit about and is not the least bit prestigious if you were to ask me.

No one cares if you were first. Or second. Kpop fans stop being mad embarrassing and just enjoy your favs performance challenge.

• I find it funny because blinks are literally fighting over a technicality on twitter and Stan verse right now about BP being the first “kpop group” as opposed to Epik High who were the actual first Korean group.

Like it’s so hilarious how everyone is so pressed about cochella a useless music festival that literally most Americans do not give a shit about and is not the least bit prestigious if you were to ask me.

No one cares if you were first. Or second. Kpop fans stop being mad embarrassing and just enjoy your favs performance challenge.

epik high is not the first if we go by technicalness though it was a Korean indie band that performed at Coachealla and epik high aren't a kpop or idol group either. Also, most of us emphasized blackpink being the first female kpop girl group because there were other korean acts that are already performed before them but they weren't idol groups.

but that's not the issue it's the whole blackpink's erasure and they were actually officially invited and part of the setlist

Even here people never claim BP were first kpop act since many K act already performed there... Blinks only had problem with Aespa official account tweet about being first girlgroup invited on mainstage. SM are the one whos taking these coachella things seriously hence mediaplaying heck out of it.

• epik high is not the first if we go by technicalness though it was a Korean indie band that performed at Coachealla and epik high aren't a kpop or idol group either. Also, most of us emphasized blackpink being the first female kpop girl group because there were other korean acts that are already performed before them but they weren't idol groups.

but that's not the issue it's the whole blackpink's erasure and they were actually officially invited and part of the setlist

Nah blinks are fighting for their lives about being the first group on twitter. Epik High or some other idk it doesn’t matter to me either way. But it’s the same with blinks lol.

• epik high is not the first if we go by technicalness though it was a Korean indie band that performed at Coachealla and epik high aren't a kpop or idol group either. Also, most of us emphasized blackpink being the first female kpop girl group because there were other korean acts that are already performed before them but they weren't idol groups.

tablo thinks they're a kpop group though?

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This thread contains one more post that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!