The concept of rappers in kpop really bugs me

• For me as growing up rapper was someone who writes down his thoughts, hate, love, jealousy and everything in bars and then spitting it off. Then I came into kpop and my first songs were "Dope" and "Bang bang bang" and I was literally so impressed by those songs that I started listening to so many different groups. And many of them were fire. However after going deep in this world I found that many groups don't write their lyrics of take part in production of music. I was okay with it as they can't write all their things as every artist does not produce every of their song. But I was shocked to find some artist have not been involved in more than 75% of their music. It might not be much big of thing for others but as someone who sees the artist through their lyrics, it was a big disappointment. Many a times it is just pick an idol who can't sing, train him, give him bars and there you have your groups rapper. Sometimes they even give them main rapper position.

To be honest now I have grown accustomed to this concept now however the rappers part still sometimes bugs me. I started with BB rappers and BTS rappers, and now you have SKZ as someone who generally puts the input in their songs. There are others who rap well but don't give the input. As someone who likes rap based songs more than the other styles, I really hope the rapper position idols start writing what they want to sing so I can feel them much better than I do right now.

And other few to mention are SVT, soyeon, Ikon, zico and mark from NCT. You are free to tell your opinion below. Also any other groups or idols which fit above criteria, please write them down. I would like to know a few more.

• I personally don't care as long as it sounds good. And very unpopular opinion, but I like kpop rap better than western rap(especially the ones from nowadays).

Before I got into kpop I lowkey hated rap and the only raps I would listen to where Nicki Minaj's raps in Ariana Grande songs(side to side+bang bang), Kendrick's in Bad Blood, and Eminem's rap god(I only listened to the super fast part cus I thought it was really impressive)

Other than that I hated rap and most of the rap I hated were from people who made their own raps, and honestly didn't make it better for me. I still didn't like it.

When I got into kpop, I was introduced to songs that incorporated rap very well into singing which I loved(the main reason why I liked Nicki's raps in Ari's songs)

And I actually enjoyed the raps and found myself actually remembering those raps and bopping along.

Are there raps in kpop I think are absolutely unnecessary and not good, yes but there's a lot I enjoy.

• Well in kpop when there is no rapper it is given to the least talented vocal member. Thats why it kind of destroys the song.

I have no problem in them not writing their raps cause the song is not theirs alone, but a good flow is a must

★*★*★*★*★ Fearless, say yes, we don't dress to impress ★*★*★*★*★

dbbc37ee9b34ecb400d4db7532da1d35482c7371.gifv 3923379cb0fbe44b64145967a41d9516e417f661.gifv 682caaf41fe5214856b2773b89e21a72d129a70d.gifv a5265df948bd48063ce07183be2c0b2db46f9bc7.gifv

• lol meet ateez where mingi and hongjoong write all of their own shit in every song ateez ever creates

meet up10tion where bit-to and kuhn do the same shit

nice copy and paste from some noob but yeah boring.

• For me as growing up rapper was someone who writes down his thoughts, hate, love, jealousy and everything in bars and then spitting it off.

Drake says hello.

• I think you are right cause I do not appreciate raps in English songs that are too fast or unclear for me to understand, and/or have many brands/lyrics I don't get.

In response to op: I think it kind of makes sense that idol rappers don't write their own raps because it would seem way easier logistically for the lyricist(s) to write the whole song including the rap, than for lyricist to leave blank space for the rapper to write themselves (make it self written).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!