NewJeans could potentially enter the Billboard Hot 100 next week!

• First it was them at #8 on the Bubbling Under Hot 100 Chart

forum.allkpop.com/suite/attachment/261595/

And now today, I see everyone on Twitter talking about how if NewJeans enter the Billboard Hot 100, even if it's at #100 or #99, that they would be making history.

Not only as the FIRST 4th gen group to do so, but they'll also be the fastest, since they only debuted 5 months ago..oh, and it'll be history because they'll be the first group ever to do that on their 1ST COMEBACK.

forum.allkpop.com/suite/attachment/261596/

Screenshot_20230113-172924_Twitter.jpg

I saw someone say something that spoke nothing but facts..they said this :

Screenshot_20230113-163003_Twitter.jpg

And it made me really think, like damn Good Music IS all it takes lmao, plus being DIFFERENT from your competitors/showing something new.

Also shout out to "HYBE" man.

Their Artists are killing it right now.

If one of their groups aren't doing well on Korean charts, their doing well on international charts. And if they aren't doing well on international charts, their doing well on Korean charts lmao.

HYBE Artists are definitely dominating kpop, if we just look at companies as a whole.

They got -

BTS

NEWJEANS

ZICO

LE SSERAFIM

SEVENTEEN

TXT

ENHYPEN

FROMIS_9

&TEAM (Japanese Boy Group)

YURINA HIYATE (under HYBE Japanese Label)

NANA

I mean...a A-List Company if you ask me.

• People thinking good music is all there is to it :skull: If that's the case then so many other groups would've charted there by now. The way they're being marketed plays a big role as well, their entire brand is "young girls having fun with a y2k/fresh twist" and with the Olivia Rodrigos of the world seeing massive success with a similar concept yes that's going to resonate with younger people in the West.

But anyway congrats to them, I know company execs everywhere are racking their brains wondering how they managed to see so much success.

• why didn't army do that for txt, enhypen, le sserafim? yall claiming this is all army are annoying af

enhypen doesn't feel like a hybe group ( in comparison to txt) and le sserafim is more like source music group with 2 already popular and stablished members , new jeans feels more hybe and more fresh than the other 2 at least it's the perception I get. Not saying that le sserafirm don't get support from them but they don't need it as much they already had an izone fanbase.

also boy groups in general don't get that much support .

• ARMYs couldn't even get Dreamers or RM/JHope recent solos to chart you're giving them way too much credit

This is a whole lie

RM and Hobi both charted on the hot 100

Hobi

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

RM

Also last year

Suga charted with - That That (#80)

Jin charted with The Astroanut (#51)

Jungkook charted with Stay Alive (#95 - for a game OST) & L&R (#22)

(end of 2021 Tae also charted Christmas Tree at #79)

Dreamers did not enter due to YT fcking up the view counting by not including the MV on its weekly chart in the first week + it had less than a week of tracking (it was released on a sunday)

• Ya'll really let the thread get derailed that easily :facepalm: Let's course correct.

I'm expecting NewJeans to break through and enter the Hot 100, and then their global takeover can truly begin.

This topic is as good as any to really put in perspective the scale of their global dominance.

They've got China

They've got the UK

They've got Japan

And we all know they've got Korea

Did NewJeans follow up the most successful debut ever with the most successful first comeback ever?

Regardless of the answer, the NewJeans era is here.

• They want a new group not solos.

meanwhile armys charting their solos + giving RM the highest charting korean solo album on the bb200 at #3 with late shipping (would have been over 100k units first week if they shipped on time)

Anyway.. Congrats to NewJeans!!!

(To some users: there was no need to bring up armys or BTS)

• Crazy how Japan picked them up this cb and not only have Ditto and OMG charting high but also seem to be digging into the rest of their songs seeing as how Hype Boy, Attention, Cookie and even Hurt all reached new peaks on platforms like AM Japan and Spotify Japan

• ooo I got clocked so hard this is a bit embarrassing :sweatr: Not my fault nobody is updating their page on Wikipedia

Regardless though I don't think ARMYs are playing as big as a part as some people think. This is what happens when you actually know what young people are into nowadays, like I said I've always thought their overall concept and Olivia's SOUR were very similar so it does give a bit of an explanation as to why they're doing so well.

• I wonder if OMG can also enter the Hot 100. It’s doing well on Spotify US. People here would be so mad lol

• Crazy how Japan picked them up this cb and not only have Ditto and OMG charting high but also seem to be digging into the rest of their songs seeing as how Hype Boy, Attention, Cookie and even Hurt all reached new peaks on platforms like AM Japan and Spotify Japan

I was almost more surprised they're the first group to chart like that in Japan since 2016. I guess this means the baton is being passed, and we finally have a new girl group Japan can embrace.

From Kara to Twice to NewJeans.

What's funny is that NewJeans haven't really done anything in Japan outside of KCON which, from personal experience attending KCON, I can tell you is not quite the same as actively promoting there.

New Jeans needs to fly to the US and do some promotions

They just did LOL

In fact, they were stuck here in the US because of the weird issue with flights being delayed or canceled outright.

They did a couple interviews on Kiss.FM radio and I think handled them very well (helps to have 3/5 members who speak English)

wonder if OMG can also enter the Hot 100. It’s doing well on Spotify US. People here would be so mad lol

It's sad some people try so hard to undermine their accomplishments. I bet they're the same people who showed so much fake concern over Hyein's age or the lyrics to Cookie (not that this wasn't a legit issue)

• If it actually happens, this is gonna be insane. If I'm not wrong, this is Ditto's 4th week. For context, the biggest songs like "ytc" and "shut down" left the hot 100 after 2 and 3 weeks respectively while ditto is entering the chart in it's 4th week. :boompepe:

• People’s salty tears over nj’s success are delicious :mukbang:   and you’re dumber than i thought if you actually believe it’s happening only bc of bts stans lol use your brain for once pls

• This would break D4's record as the fastest Hot 100 appearance for any Korean song in history (2 years after debut). Although is Ditto really a Korean song? Lyrics look 80 percent English.

In any case if this happens, it would only reinforce what i've been ranting about since NJ's debut. They are COMING HARD for Blackpink's crown as the greatest global GG in Kpop history. TW will be open warfare between Tokkis, Blinks, and Army token stanning NJ lol.

• This would break D4's record as the fastest Hot 100 appearance for any Korean song in history (2 years after debut). Although is Ditto really a Korean song? Lyrics look 80 percent English.

In any case if this happens, it would only reinforce what i've been ranting about since NJ's debut. They are COMING HARD for Blackpink's crown as the greatest global GG in Kpop history. TW will be open warfare between Tokkis, Blinks, and Army token stanning NJ lol.

first 1) nop ;judgingpepe:

2) dddd enter with less streams than nj, idk why its taking them so long with double what dddd did and with a relative low af chart like the lowerst point for hot100 is 35 :pepewhat:

• People thinking good music is all there is to it :skull: If that's the case then so many other groups would've charted there by now. The way they're being marketed plays a big role as well, their entire brand is "young girls having fun with a y2k/fresh twist" and with the Olivia Rodrigos of the world seeing massive success with a similar concept yes that's going to resonate with younger people in the West.

But anyway congrats to them, I know company execs everywhere are racking their brains wondering how they managed to see so much success.

Not just that

If it was the exact same thing, same concept, same marketing, same branding, same members, but different company, it would be totally different. In fact they might even stay nugu

• NewJeans is really different. They mean business for real and they’re pouncing the market like it’s going somewhere.

Their album streams are only being competed by the 3rd gen domineers internationally

And in two days theyll have the second longest PAK in history beating fucking IU.

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

• This thread contains 20 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!