(Poll) If you found out your bias was a racist or criminal....

• If you found out your bias was a racist or criminal, you would 30

1. It depends on the crime or how racist (17) 57%
    2. Stop stanning the group unless they kicked them out (4) 13%
    3. Other (explain in comments) (3) 10%
    4. The group is dead to me (2) 7%
    5. Keep listening to my old fave songs, but stop supporting the new stuff (2) 7%
    6. Nothing, it wouldn't matter to me (2) 7%
    7. Keep stanning the group, but pick a new bias (0) 0%

what would you do?

• I selected keep listening to the old stuff but not support the new stuff:

But then I thought...if Jeongyeon got caught with tax evasion, would I really unstan? :eyes:

Probably not. So, it probably depends how bad the crime is. As for being racist, it depends if they are ignorantly racist (like they don't know what they did or said was racist) or if they are knowingly racist or prejudice. If I think they are knowingly racist, I'd probably drop the whole group tbh.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

But then I thought...if Jeongyeon got caught with tax evasion, would I really unstan? :eyes:

ofc not lets be realistic here.. :pepe-hips:

`✵•.¸,✵°✵.。.✰ 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘪 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴, 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘢 𝘧𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘴𝘺, 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘧𝘦𝘤𝘵 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘤 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘢 𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘻𝘪𝘯𝘦. 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘪 𝘸𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘶𝘱 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺, 𝘪 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘣𝘢𝘳𝘣𝘪𝘦 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘴 ✰.。.✵°✵,¸.•✵´

Dahyun, Jeongyeon and Jihyo in Talk that Talk MV | Twice, Merry happy,  Twice mv   Chaeyoung 🗡💙👓 - TALK THAT TALK MV (1) | Kpop wallpaper, Kpop girls, What  is love

`

• I think it depends.

Like, taking drugs like pot is a crime, but I don't personally consider it wrong to do so, so it wouldn't bother me. Now more serious crimes like domestic violence on the other hand...

Racism is a bit more complex. I think Korea being well, a different culture, means that a lot of people over there aren't going to be aware of some things like we are over here in the west. That is okay. What I'm more interested in is if when the idols do something that might be considered insensitive or offensive, they take the time to learn about why what they did was wrong and do better.

I'm speaking in a general sense though. I know some controversies regarding race can be over exaggerating and have all these keyboard warriors going at idols for the sake of some agenda, sometimes it's more legit. Things like this should be viewed on a more case by case basis as opposed to a blanket view, but I do think stepping back and examining what you do is always a good thing, yk? Regardless if you come out agreeing or disagreeing.

Hope that makes sense...

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• Idk tbh, like my all-time favourite artist is Michael Jackson and he's been in a bit of a controversy.. I can't make myself not listen to his songs though. Of course I don't really know what happened.

So I guess I would continue listening to music, but not actively stanning the artist. Rape, bullying etc are where it would end for the member for sure.

As for sjw problematic stuff, there is usually some context involved and intent matters a lot. Most korean idols say and do problematic stuff out of ignorancy.

A masterpiece.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited 2 times, last by Alice-ND ().

• Depends on the crime, depends on the circumstances, depends on when, and it depends on their age when it happened. If they were a kid, holy shit, big shock, kids do stupid things. Everyone screws up, everyone can become a better person! If this isn't the case we're all screwed. I'm still a Kim Sae Ron fan, deal with it.

Probably not. So, it probably depends how bad the crime is. As for being racist, it depends if they are ignorantly racist (like they don't know what they did or said was racist) or if they are knowingly racist or prejudice. If I think they are knowingly racist, I'd probably drop the whole group tbh.

I don't need to type anything else, because all of this!!

All Of This GIFs | Tenor

• I voted depends but I think realistically, it'll probably matter little.

Regardless of their character, it's not like I'm marrying them or they're my best friend or anything, if the music is good, I'll still listen to it.

If Jeff Bezos is a criminal...I still need my stuff in shipping 2 days.

• Depends on the crime. Don’t care if they smoke weed for example.

Racism… I wish I could say I’d drop them but in reality I most likely wouldn’t unless they were outspokenly racist. Korea isn’t the most progressive country and lots of idols are probably racist. I usually try to ignore it but I’m still aware there’s a high possibility of someone in my bias group being racist and that hasn’t made me leave kpop yet.

• it depends on how bad. And i would unstan the member but not the group. Why punish a group for one persons actions especially if they didn't know or had no control over. A lot of things people consider bad like smoking weed isnt that big of a deal so i would shrug it off.

• I know some controversies regarding race can be over exaggerating and have all these keyboard warriors going at idols for the sake of some agenda, sometimes it's more legit. Things like this should be viewed on a more case by case basis as opposed to a blanket view, but I do think stepping back and examining what you do is always a good thing, yk? Regardless if you come out agreeing or disagreeing.

Hope that makes sense...

keyboardwarrior7:pepe-tea:

• It depends.

If he was a criminal, what kind of crime did he committed? He smoked pot? That is a crime in Korea, but I couldn't care less, I've done that too lmao.

But if it was something like SA or killing someone, then eff off.

About racism, I would not condone that, unless he apologizes and actively tries to learn why it is a bad thing. As a white person anyway, it wouldn't be my place to talk about this issue, but I would listen to what PoC would say.

• It depends for both. Crimes that dont hurt others would be a non issue for me. Tax evasion, drugs, etc.

For racism specifically, obviously explicit racism would be grounds for unstanning, but there is a gray area for sure where a lot of culture wars are being fought today (stereotypes, political correctness and cultural appropriation, etc).

So let's say one of the foreign members of my fave groups like Twice or Izone were joking around about some general stereotypes of Korean people (short temper, moon faces, materialistic, etc). I wouldnt care at all. Stereotypes are there for a reason. I would probably laugh with them.

But i think i would draw the line at judging individuals by these stereotypes. I think that's when it crosses from being honest to being racist and that's when i begin to unstan. Like it's ok to say the average Korean person isnt good looking to you, but then to go from that to saying someone like Jo Yuri is ugly would make me side eye you, and be grounds for instant stanning termination. X(

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!