JYP girl group destruction complete? Itzy put out their best song in ages and nobody cares

• Dreamer95

Changed the title of the thread from “JYP girl group destruction complete? Itzy put out their best song in ages and nobody caress” to “JYP girl group destruction complete? Itzy put out their best song in ages and nobody cares”.
  • Koreans response to songs has always been a mystery to me

I can never predict how they react to a song

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Yeah, I really like the song and it was a great MV. I re watched every ITZY music video last night and it's kinda sad how little effort JYP has been putting in to their music video's. The last truly good one that was more than just a single room with a lot of CGI was Not Shy. Honestly, it they hadn't had such great Japanese releases I would have given up on them. But even their Japanese releases have been a single room with CGI. Maybe people will pick up on what a great song this is. It just might take some time. Cheshire is a new maturity level for them and I appreciate that.

• The song has been out for less than two days.

We have seen many times that songs take time now to show success.

Maybe delay the instant gratification and give it some time?

Also, if you like it, why does what anyone else thinks matter?

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• Yes, unfortunately they lost audience/casuals interest.

I saw here Cheshire debuted with 600k on Spotify and their most streamed b-side, for example, debuted with 300k. It shows the comeback is basically being supported by the fandom.

It makes me kinda sad, cause the song definitely deserved more attention. But I think It is what It is. At least I loved the comeback.

• I don't like the song, so I wouldn't be surprised if it flops, but I just checked Melon, and it doesn't seem to be doing the worst. Pretty on par of Sneakers so far, and they haven't started promoting yet.

It was floundering on YouTube at 1st, but now it was 20 million views. They have also already sold 445k after 2 days. So, yeah, I'd give it time.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• People are going to hate me saying this but I think K-pop is at a terrible cross roads. They want international money but, the more international they go the less they are liked at home. But also, the more international they go the less the international market like it. K-pop is losing it's identity. It's one of the reasons I don't like international fans voting on competition shows. K-pop needs it's Korean identity. That's what makes it special.

• I don't like the song, so I wouldn't be surprised if it flops, but I just checked Melon, and it doesn't seem to be doing the worst. Pretty on par of Sneakers so far, and they haven't started promoting yet.

It was floundering on YouTube at 1st, but now it was 20 million views. They have also already sold 445k after 2 days. So, yeah, I'd give it time.

ads

they have only 717k likes, views don't match

• How tf itzy went from THE 4th gen group internationally to this in 1 year…

The song can definitely rise though. I can see it do better than sneaker on Spotify

I wonder If It was because of the Sneakers. Cause LOCO was like their bigger and more stable song internationally since Wannabe, It was not like their interest globally was declining before, so I can't explain.

But It's not impossible to get this casual interest again, they are a young group and Cheshire was a step in the right direction for their sound, imo.

• ads

they have only 717k likes, views don't match

Well, I don't know if that's true, so I'm not gonna say that. ITZY has always done well with views, so I don't think it'd be weird for them to have 20 million views by now.

No doubt they do use ads and will, but I think it's weird to assume that from those 2 numbers.

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Well, I don't know if that's true, so I'm not gonna say that. ITZY has always done well with views, so I don't think it'd be weird for them to have 20 million views by now.

No doubt they do use ads and will, but I think it's weird to assume that from those 2 numbers.

it is true. jype always uses ads, at least 30% of their views are ads

views and likes ratio shows if a company used ads or not

aespa - girls has 111m and 1.8m

txt - lovesong has 84m and 3.5m

itzy - loco has 211m and 3.8m likes

it's obvious who used ads

• There are ads, and also streaming? Lol. I have watched Cheshire like 5 times, but I haven't liked it once.

I can't just take your word for it. I need official figures, which I'm never going to get, but if that's what you think, by all means.

• There are ads, and also streaming? Lol. I have watched Cheshire like 5 times, but I haven't liked it once.

I can't just take your word for it. I need official figures, which I'm never going to get, but if that's what you think, by all means.

youtube filter streams for their chart, wait and see it for yourself. i assume it will chart

• This is an exaggeration, doesit...

LOCO has around 34M of ads according to YTC estimative. It's like 17%? 18%? And It will keep declining, since they continue to pull on daily views and the ads ended.

Also, boygroups usually have a better views/likes ratio cause fandoms are more inclined to like the video than casuals and TXT obviously have a much bigger fandom, It doesn't necessarily mean their real views are close to Lovesong.

• How tf itzy went from THE 4th gen group internationally to this in 1 year…

The song can definitely rise though. I can see it do better than sneaker on Spotify

You release a cute song like Sneakers. The song is fun, sure and they nailed it performance wise. It would have been a great B-Side. That isnt' the ITZY we were given nor is it the ITZY fans want. ITZY does their best with intense dances and powerful singing.

• Why is everyone blaming Sneakers? I'm pretty sure it was their second biggest hit on Melon after Dalla Dalla peaking around #4.

I think because they lost some international attention with Sneakers, but that really would not explain them lagging in Korea.

Which we have no idea if they are yet? Like, it's been a day and a half. They haven't even done music shows yet lol.

• Sneakers and BYL definitely had something to do with Itzy doing not as good as they used to. I think JYPE is trying to make up for those releases. I've seen people say that they don't like what JYPE is doing with Itzy on this new song.

On the plus side, they just passed 445k sales today so hopefully they surpass Checkmate's first week sales (which they probably will).

• This is an exaggeration, doesit...

LOCO has around 34M of ads according to YTC estimative. It's like 17%? 18%? And It will keep declining, since they continue to pull on daily views and the ads ended.

Also, boygroups usually have a better views/likes ratio cause fandoms are more inclined to like the video than casuals and TXT obviously have a much bigger fandom, It doesn't necessarily mean their real views are close to Lovesong.

maybe i went a bit over the top but it's certainly 20-25%. i think that the exception is stray kids, there's no need to buy that many ads for them. i'm trying to find the list with ads used for each company but i cannot find it :cryingk: iirc it was from a year ago

one more example who uses ads is dreamcatcher, maison has 26m and 499k likes. everyone uses ads except for bp, bts and txt

let's wait for official numbers and see if i was right or not

• maybe i went a bit over the top but it's certainly 20-25%. i think that the exception is stray kids, there's no need to buy that many ads for them. i'm trying to find the list with ads used for each company but i cannot find it :cryingk: iirc it was from a year ago

one more example who uses ads is dreamcatcher, maison has 26m and 499k likes. everyone uses ads except for bp, bts and txt

Txt dont use ads? Im pretty sure i saw ads for Blue hour. I remember because that was the only song from them i didnt skip.

• maybe i went a bit over the top but it's certainly 20-25%. i think that the exception is stray kids, there's no need to buy that many ads for them. i'm trying to find the list with ads used for each company but i cannot find it :cryingk: iirc it was from a year ago

Also now that im doing memory. I also saw some ads for ON. Mmm, so how is that possible if they dont use ads?

• Larger fandoms also relate to the likes, and non-fan and casual views without the likes still count.

we are talking about big fandoms here. itzy is a big group from big 4, they aren't a mid tear group, their fandom is big

jype used ads on both loco and sneakers. there's a reason loco has 3.8m and sneakers 2.2m likes, casuals liked it too, me included

I don't know If you know this site, It's not official, of course, but they use estimative based on Youtube Charts' real numbers and seem fair enough, It always matches the ones I do similarly. It's good for searching about ads from old songs we lost tracking. :Leeseo37:

• Txt dont use ads? Im pretty sure i saw ads for Blue hour. I remember because that was the only song from them i didnt skip.

Also now that im doing memory. I also saw some ads for ON. Mmm, so how is that possible if they dont use ads?

i've never got a txt, bts and bp ad. if they use it that definitely not in numbers other companies do.

i got daechwita ad but it wasn't bought by bighit but his fans

and just be clear, i don't think that ads are bad, on the contrary, every company should promote their artist. but celebrating milestones makes no sense anymore because views are inflated (even armys gave up on youtube and switched to spotify)

• in comparison to a BG??? Do you know the Midzy fandom or what sales they started out with and the progression of it??

and yes, JYP has used ads, everytime, this is established. I'm confused why you're saying here or trying to aid your point with.

since you mentioned boy groups and big fandoms, last enhypen's comeback didn't do well. paradoxxx invasion doesn't even have 1m likes and tt has 1.6m likes. even fandoms won't stream bad songs

• You release a cute song like Sneakers. The song is fun, sure and they nailed it performance wise. It would have been a great B-Side. That isnt' the ITZY we were given nor is it the ITZY fans want. ITZY does their best with intense dances and powerful singing.

they have changed I think, they aren't showing off or trying hard to be iconic anymore

This is like their version of Queendom, Talk That Talk, or More and More, they are making more of a restrained song without trying to push the "ITZY BRAND" right in your face anymore...

And the day Nmixx does that too will be really strange

• i've never got a txt, bts and bp ad. if they use it that definitely not in numbers other companies do.

and just be clear, i don't think that ads are bad, on the contrary, every company should promote their artist. but celebrating milestones makes no sense anymore because views are inflated (even armys gave up on youtube and switched to spotify)

I've gotten ads for all of those groups. This why official numbers are important. :wellr:

• i've never got a txt, bts and bp ad. if they use it that definitely not in numbers other companies do.

How you know this? I mean, in a previous comment you said TxT dont use ads, and now you say they maybe use ads, but not in the numbers other companies do. Sorry, but looks to me that you have no idea of what are you talking about.

• The " JYP uses mostly ads " debacle falls flat on it's butt in the long run when future charts show their daily views do more numbers than newer releases of other groups eventually

I die everytime I see these tweets

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

:Leeseo37:

• Itzy are clearly so lost in their identity it is getting sad. Cheshire sounds like Psycho from Shein. Not a bad song but a bad Itzy song. Korean charting I wouldn’t write off especially considering how Sneakers had risen. But internationally it is over for Itzy and JYP switching the release date from Friday to Wednesday was a sign that they know. Like 600k debut in streams? Those are Treasure numbers. Meanwhile Antifragile has yet another day with 1.4M streams. Looks like midzys jumped ship to become fearnots after they saw a girl group that can perform like Itzy but with actual vocals and good songs. Can’t say I blame them.

• This thread contains 47 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!