So Kmedia Continues The Pattern Of Ignoring Historic Unprecedented Korean Achivements

• when it comes to BTS .. really the only act capable of such monumental achivements goes wildly unreported. Meanwhile every little thing done by other kpop acts get hugely exagerated and amplified. From the stadiums that turn out to be glorified arenas to mediocre chart placements to west recognition.

And even if something gets reported we get shit like this elevating the entire kpop industry and pretending that kpop as a whole had any hand in said achievement.Fhr9p3vWQAYYKTk.jpg

Freaking 3 grammy noms and all they care about is the next BTS.

This guy is prolly a hybe stooge which makes it even more disgusting.

20221116_182741.jpg

Discuss

• Go to Best Answer
  • Why are they attributing BTS's success to the rise of Kpop when it's the other way around? Kpop rose to where it is today because of BTS's achievements and success. Remove BTS and Kpop is still in its own bubble. Is that really that hard to comprehend?

• the fact that he used to be that guy who called out kmedia for downplaying BTS's impact and first grammy nom and now, he's doing it himself.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I am surprised at Kim Yong Dae, he was always very rational. Unless the title is just click bait, would like to read whole interview.

But sadly I am not surprised with the others, they are really salty.

• It's not hard to comprehend, it's just hard to accept.

BTS's success despite everyone going against them has always been a bitter pill to swallow. Everyone, from kmedia to kpop stans, are willing to attribute Kpop's expansion to anyone but BTS

• Best Answer

SK really can’t acknowledge that they effed up. There will never be another BTS from SK or even Asia again. The rest of the world will move on from kpop and are ready for the next trend. Maybe Latin, African, or more likely a western white act. At this point even the UMG GG has a better chance as the next world dominating act (as long as it doesn’t have too many Asians). The obstacles faced by POC artists are a lot, but Asians are particularly discriminated against in the western entertainment industry. SK media really worked hard to undermine BTS and thus they really hampered SK’s soft power for decades. Having a world dominating act from SK would’ve increased SK’s soft power but Incels only cared about wanting to feel like they are as good or better than BTS. SK has always believed that the music act that will dominate the world would be a GG ( because they love GG) but that will never be the case. GG in general and specifically Kpop GG concepts aren’t popular in the west among the GP. The world is not like SK.

• the fact that he used to be that guy who called out kmedia for downplaying BTS's impact and first grammy nom and now, he's doing it himself.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The irony of it, shameful.

• I am surprised at Kim Yong Dae, he was always very rational. Unless the title is just click bait, would like to read whole interview.

But sadly I am not surprised with the others, they are really salty.

• One positive note I will take before I write my opinion on his obvious Hybe payroll stance and kpop kumbayaing is that he thinks the girls will carry the torch and not the boys. :pepe-life-support: #women'sfirstwin

Only cause Hybe's pretty much given up on their post BTS bgs and is focussing on the ggs, else he would be singing a different tune.

• The article and the headline say different things. He is a music critic not a fan, so he will look at the growth of Kpop as a whole. And if he was known to have called out the media for downplaying BTS success, why you think he has bad intentions now.

Like this wasn’t that deep to act like he betrayed them or something.

• The article and the headline say different things. He is a music critic not a fan, so he will look at the growth of Kpop as a whole. And if he was known to have called out the media for downplaying BTS success, why you think he has bad intentions now.

Like this wasn’t that deep to act like he betrayed them or something.

I see things really haven't changed here : Sandy acting obtuse in BTS threads shooting for anything downplaying or is against BTS.

But I'll bite cuz m in the mood. The example in the tweet illustrates how the media talks about BTS by linking their achievements to the supposed expantion of kpop industry. Essentially downplaying BTS when we all know that BTS and only BTS proved capable of such monumental achivement. Kpop hasn't. Actually it's the other way, kpop owes a lot to BTS.

Also if u don't know who the music critic is idk why u are defending him. He is very known in army circles. And these statements exposes further something we all knew how he is essentially a hybe agent with his selective praise of hybe ggs calling them laughably the next BTS .

Anyway was nice seeing u here Sandy :finger-heart:

• SK really can’t acknowledge that they effed up. There will never be another BTS from SK or even Asia again. The rest of the world will move on from kpop and are ready for the next trend. Maybe Latin, African, or more likely a western white act. At this point even the UMG GG has a better chance as the next world dominating act (as long as it doesn’t have too many Asians). The obstacles faced by POC artists are a lot, but Asians are particularly discriminated against in the western entertainment industry. SK media really worked hard to undermine BTS and thus they really hampered SK’s soft power for decades. Having a world dominating act from SK would’ve increased SK’s soft power but Incels only cared about wanting to feel like they are as good or better than BTS. SK has always believed that the music act that will dominate the world would be a GG ( because they love GG) but that will never be the case. GG in general and specifically Kpop GG concepts aren’t popular in the west among the GP. The world is not like SK.

Best answer :borahae:

• idek what to say :pepe-hips:

comparing is just wrong

• External Content twitter.com

• Very disappointing that these ppl are discussing about next BTS when the current BTS is still active as a group and esp really that’s your first thought upon hearing their 3 noms?, plus the ggs he recommend shows his bias a lot, like how is I’ve and gidle not in the list?

is there a list of groups he recomm?

External Content www.youtube.com

• All Kpop critics are the same. I will just ignore them and don't give them importance if I were you.

And is the news really underreported? Cause it was trending high on Naver earlier.

• Once someone achieves a certain level of greatness, we accept it, expect it, and then get bored of it. You see it a lot in pro sports. Like Lebron is the best basketball player since Jordan but hasn't won an NBA MVP since 2010.

It's the same with BTS. They've won every award/record already, people don't care so much when they win one more.

• Once someone achieves a certain level of greatness, we accept it, expect it, and then get bored of it. You see it a lot in pro sports. Like Lebron is the best basketball player since Jordan but hasn't won an NBA MVP since 2010.

It's the same with BTS. They've won every award/record already, people don't care so much when they win one more.

You can add to that, that Grammys is a rather western focused phenomena and most Koreans don’t even know what it is

• I don't know what has or hasn't been reported in Korea since this just came out, but I do find that critic talking about the next BTS like they are something you can manufacture to be very disrespectful to BTS's artistry. You can manufacture legends?

Okay Jennifer GIFs | Tenor

What's even more distasteful is that he's basically doing it in front of their faces.

• Kim Young Dae has always been on hybe payroll wbk

Around '19-20 he used to do those interview shows praising bts 24/7, then bora translated his interviews to english, then he got clout from i-armys then bighit noticed him

recently, he took yoongi's interviews for weverse magazine if i'm not wrong...he's been close/affiliated to hybe since then

*Its for gq magazine and not weverse

• I don't know what has or hasn't been reported in Korea since this just came out, but I do find that critic talking about the next BTS like they are something you can manufacture to be very disrespectful to BTS's artistry. You can manufacture legends?

Okay Jennifer GIFs | Tenor

What's even more distasteful is that he's basically doing it in front of their faces.

because they are still a boyband, they are still a kpop group, they were still put together by old guys sitting in a room looking at trainees

in the eyes of the industry, if they can do it once, they can do it again(they wont, but wont stop them)

its the reason IMO that JYPE/HYBE/YGE(with treasure sorta) is heavily pushing self production/writing stuff, i dont think its a coincidence that stray kids has catapulted BGs, and they dont either

e/ and I dont find the "we are not surprised about the grammy nods" as insulting, thats just being nitpicky as fuck

• What I got from that: Yup, they're delusional :wink:

As to the "non-reaction" to the Grammy nods, I think its too early to call it. However, combine Kim Yong Dae's shrug at it with talk of the "next BTS" - it's like they think its EASY and they were the ones that ultimately should be given the credit cause BTS is just another KPOP idol that they can remake.

:pepe-clown-gear:

• You all should invite WhyKnock to these threads.

He strongly believes that K-O-R-E-A-N-S don't deserve to have K-pop and BTS should have emigrated out from their ungrateful country.

Craziness need to be united. ^^

IMO, I rather not speak on behalf of Koreans.

They apparently are not that obsessed with Kpop or BTS, as i-fans are and do take Kpop for granted.

That is understandable, the locals always take their cultural expressions - food, art, architecture etc., for granted, while outsiders can get obsessive.

As much applies to Koreans as it does globally.

• You've done it now. :boredr:

• I find it ironic the the SK government funded Hallyu specifically to push their soft power to emulate the soft power of the US. Then the SK media and locals undermine the pinnacle of this soft power goal and even the current SK government went along with it. Yes the locals take it for granted but in most countries they would be proud to have BTS. Whether the GP cared about something or not, they were always proud to hear about a citizen doing well in that field. They certainly never cried about how someone else deserved the accolades or that the person currently on top is going to be replaced. If they don’t care about it, they are just proud and want them to keep succeeding. SK is doing something else. They undermine BTS and I find that weird.

• I find it ironic the the SK government funded Hallyu specifically to push their soft power to emulate the soft power of the US. Then the SK media and locals undermine the pinnacle of this soft power goal and even the current SK government went along with it. Yes the locals take it for granted but in most countries they would be proud to have BTS. Whether the GP cared about something or not, they were always proud to hear about a citizen doing well in that field. They certainly never cried about how someone else deserved the accolades or that the person currently on top is going to be replaced. If they don’t care about it, they are just proud and want them to keep succeeding. SK is doing something else. They undermine BTS and I find that weird.

The government and the people are two different things.

And no, most countries would behave in the same way - they sure like hearing their country or countrymen praised by others, but that does not mean they are going to be overly bothered about that object of praise..

if you think other countries have done it differently, then please give examples.

In fact, SK is somewhat different that it at least has provisions to give exemptions to celebrities with some achievement, even if not to Kpop. Others don't even any such provision.

US for example, did not spare Muhammed Ali from conscription to Vietnam. And believe me, Ali is as big as it gets. Of course these are multi factored, and Ali had racial issues against him. But still.

• That is because if BTS wins a Grammy they do have to give the military exemption and they don't want to talk about it again as of now

• SK really can’t acknowledge that they effed up. There will never be another BTS from SK or even Asia again. The rest of the world will move on from kpop and are ready for the next trend. Maybe Latin, African, or more likely a western white act. At this point even the UMG GG has a better chance as the next world dominating act (as long as it doesn’t have too many Asians). The obstacles faced by POC artists are a lot, but Asians are particularly discriminated against in the western entertainment industry. SK media really worked hard to undermine BTS and thus they really hampered SK’s soft power for decades. Having a world dominating act from SK would’ve increased SK’s soft power but Incels only cared about wanting to feel like they are as good or better than BTS. SK has always believed that the music act that will dominate the world would be a GG ( because they love GG) but that will never be the case. GG in general and specifically Kpop GG concepts aren’t popular in the west among the GP. The world is not like SK.

Of course they screwed up royally. The short term envy of the incels ruined it

They are evil

I have pointed out that it was wrong for Koreans to treat BTS and Lee Jieun in the same league for many, many years as well.

• Kim Yong Dae used to be a shooter. The man got to him I see, too bad...Seriously though I haven't actually read the article so my thoughts are missing some context. It's cool for reporters to talk about BTS helping to expand kpop because honestly they have. However, it's not cool to dismiss BTS' legendary status and keep looking for who's next. There may never be another group period, let alone kpop group, that is as globally popular as BTS is.

Tell'em Bangtan is dancing on the floorImage result for bts dancing gif fire

• Of course they screwed up royally. The short term envy of the incels ruined it

They are evil

I have pointed out that it was wrong for Koreans to treat BTS and Lee Jieun in the same league for many, many years as well.

WhyKnock got his soul-mate for korea bashing in 134340Moonchild

^^

You guys are crazy to think people should form their preferences in music or life - based on what impact their support/lack of support will have on markets, politics or sociological dynamics etc.,,

No Korean is thinking - "Ooh BTS is a rare non-Western act to succeed globally in recent centuries, so I should support them, whether or not, I personally like the music"

Same applies for other nations too - More non-Americans visit Niagara falls than Americans do.

More Yoga schools exist, Yoga is much larger a market - in the West than in India, where the Govt like Korean govt is trying hard to push yoga internationally as Indian soft power.

No India is going to take up Yoga, so that Yoga gets a great push in the world.

Edited once, last by bbgc ().

• Maybe he just simply paid by MAMA to hype their line up, its just next BTS thing giving bitter taste to BTS fans

Day 1 — November 29: Stray Kids, TXT, JO1, Kep1er, HYOLYN, BIBI, Forestella, NMIXX, LE SSERAFIM, Street Man Fighter, KARA, DKZ

Day 2 — November 30: TREASURE, ENHYPEN, IVE, ITZY, Zico, Lim Young Woong, (G)I-DLE, NiziU, INI, NewJeans

• Niagara is indeed not a good example. The Canadian side of Niagara is said to be more impressive and in fact the Canadian Niagara is the only part of Canada many people will see in their lifetimes.

Kim Yong Dae used to be a shooter. The man got to him I see, too bad...Seriously though I haven't actually read the article so my thoughts are missing some context. It's cool for reporters to talk about BTS helping to expand kpop because honestly they have. However, it's not cool to dismiss BTS' legendary status and keep looking for who's next. There may never be another group period, let alone kpop group, that is as globally popular as BTS is.

There won't be another one who will attain the popularity of BTS because times have changed.

KYD is jut saying empty words.

• This thread contains 38 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!