Why are kpop fans so toxic?

• Why is there so much discussion based around talking about how bad something is or how poorly someone is doing, and if someone chooses to make a positive thread or tweet everyone and their mom must come out of the woodwork to talk about how that idol/group is actually garbage in the grand scheme because someone is doing better than them?

Like what causes this culture?

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

• Once you become a kpop stan the devil invades your soul. That explains why everyone is always angry

#truth

I’m not even innocent. I think its because Kpop is still sorta fringe so were all grasping at straws to be the ONE fandom to truly go mainstream worldwide so we have to really hold onto the small wins, mixed with companies literally brainwashing people into being militias for their group of choice, mixed with the target audience often being much younger and much more impressionable so they learn these defensive and offensive tactics young AND have them reinforced repeatedly for either clout or the personal gratification of keyboard war wins and its a cycle that just repeats itself because truly were all just crabs in a barrel

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

• I’m not even innocent. I think its because Kpop is still sorta fringe so were all grasping at straws to be the ONE fandom to truly go mainstream worldwide so we have to really hold onto the small wins, mixed with companies literally brainwashing people into being militias for their group of choice, mixed with the target audience often being much younger and much more impressionable so they learn these defensive and offensive tactics young AND have them reinforced repeatedly for either clout or the personal gratification of keyboard war wins and its a cycle that just repeats itself because truly were all just crabs in a barrel

:pepe-tinfoil-hat:

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• its not just kpop

negativity always gets more engagement online

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Wait in my other thread about camp can you post full sized pics of keys costumes?? I want them immortalized, especially Ronald McDonald and Marge because in an AU those versions are married

My sig is a single picture, someone else made it on twitter

which thread? I will try to find the pics for you

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It's not limited to kpop.

Negative/controversial/hateful/toxic posts on any topic will always get more engagement than a positive post. With the negative ones, people are more willing to argue against it or defend their views, with a positive post people have less inclination to argue against it or don't feel the need to defend their views.

I guess it's the human need to be right.

• I’m not even innocent. I think its because Kpop is still sorta fringe so were all grasping at straws to be the ONE fandom to truly go mainstream worldwide so we have to really hold onto the small wins, mixed with companies literally brainwashing people into being militias for their group of choice, mixed with the target audience often being much younger and much more impressionable so they learn these defensive and offensive tactics young AND have them reinforced repeatedly for either clout or the personal gratification of keyboard war wins and its a cycle that just repeats itself because truly were all just crabs in a barrel

Nah its a fan mental illness, nothing to do with kpop really. Mainstream means nothing were just fans lol not the members or the company that put in the work or talent. It's almost like sports fans they get a dopamine hit of trying to live through their favorite team same with kpop you have all the success stans army is the biggest example of this shit plus the toxicity and im saying this as an army. We are nothing just fans nobody gives a single fuk what we are doing as long as you keep buying the merch and albums. Kpop fans are the most immature people as well because of the level of toxicity and competitiveness over nothing.

It's very weird because you can go look at say Beyonce fans or usher fans and brad Pitt and Angelina jolie fans do any of these fans of western musicians and actors act like kpop fans do? NO they will support them buy buying an item or album watch their film and that's it. They don't no life themselves to go stream for them or go buy these celebrities millions of dollars of gifts nor do they go out of their way to pay or organize insane things for them like a birthday sign on the wall street market board etc, or bulk buy 10000 albums because reasons etc. Only kpop fans engage in all this ridiculous nonsense.

Almost no kpop group is naturally popular the vast majority is overhyped by the fans basically padding the stats by bulk buying like a crack head on his last hit and zombie streaming.

If there was an app where people could send ads to you kpop fans would flood your shit with xyz group 24/7 it's like Jehovah witnesses but kpop instead 🤣🤣🤣🤡

• Whenever I see this question come up, I wonder are there some Kpop fans who don’t interact with a lot of people with interests outside of Kpop or maybe just haven’t experienced as much in the world yet? Because this happens across all fandoms and types of things people are passionate about: from celebrity culture to sports fans to nerd culture to politics to different music genres, there is a constant strand of needing to one-up people. It’s not a new phenomenon and it’s not specific to Kpop. I’m sure there’s some aggrego quilting community out there raging about the right weight of needle to use. ^^

I guarantee you the toxicity of Kpop is nothing like politics or sports. I never saw gangs of Kpop members of the rival group plotting to bring burning scooters into a Kpop concert. No one is firing off rounds over people’s heads to send warning shots because they support a rival gg.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• I guarantee you the toxicity of Kpop is nothing like politics or sports. I never saw gangs of Kpop members of the rival group plotting to bring burning scooters into a Kpop concert. No one is firing off rounds over people’s heads to send warning shots because they support a rival gg.

or going to their houses and bashing their heads in

or if their fav team loses send death threats to them and their families...

people are people and there will always been crazies within every fandom kpop or otherwise

• Whenever I see this question come up, I wonder are there some Kpop fans who don’t interact with a lot of people with interests outside of Kpop or maybe just haven’t experienced as much in the world yet? Because this happens across all fandoms and types of things people are passionate about: from celebrity culture to sports fans to nerd culture to politics to different music genres, there is a constant strand of needing to one-up people. It’s not a new phenomenon and it’s not specific to Kpop. I’m sure there’s some aggrego quilting community out there raging about the right weight of needle to use. ^^

I guarantee you the toxicity of Kpop is nothing like politics or sports. I never saw gangs of Kpop members of the rival group plotting to bring burning scooters into a Kpop concert. No one is firing off rounds over people’s heads to send warning shots because they support a rival gg.

Politics is an apple to oranges comparison.

Yes its utterly ridiculous to fight over it BUT atlest fighting over it has some tangible merits unlike kpop which has no effect on anything, politics depending on who you get elected or laws you push for can litterly change the world, help or doom others we can just look at the legacy of recent stuff from the usa and Russia as an example. From trump to banning of abortion to wars in Ukraine and war drafts etc. Politics can fuck up everything or "save" everything so it atlest to some extent has a reason to be fought over

• Politics is an apple to oranges comparison.

Yes its utterly ridiculous to fight over it BUT atlest fighting over it has some tangible merits unlike kpop which has no effect on anything, politics depending on who you get elected or laws you push for can litterly change the world, help or doom others we can just look at the legacy of recent stuff from the usa and Russia as an example. From trump to banning of abortion to wars in Ukraine and war drafts etc. Politics can fuck up everything or "save" everything so it atlest to some extent has a reason to be fought over

Fair point, fair point.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• I HONESTLY don’t think it’s just a Kpop thing. I think, unfortunately, this is a stan thing and a human thing.

Pick any pop culture standom on social media and you will see people losing their absolute minds with toxic behaviour.

Sports, music, film actors… hell, even tv shows like Drag Race - which sets out to preach tolerance to viewers - you will add some of the most awful words and actions I’d you watch social media from the fans.

Life now just seems to feel like everyone is a caged tiger, prowling their tiny space to protect it and lashing out at any perceived threat.

• Yes it has. Water has always been wet.

I will contest this

Something covered in water is wet not the water itself

I slipped on the wet floor

The rain made all of my clothes wet

"Wet" is not describing the Water rather it is describing the Floor or the Clothes in these examples

nobody says

I watched her dive into the wet water

... or at-least nobody used to say that, I guess it could have changed "Literally" never used to mean "Figuratively" but now it does even in the Dictionary because so many people used it in that context

"I literally died of embarrassment"

So whilst Water may be wet by modern English definitions it wasn't always so

• This thread contains 3 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!