2022 MAMA Artist of the Year Predictions: IVE #1

• OP you know damn well Stray Kids did not sell more than BTS this year. And the person that makes that chart has been spreading misinformation. I can't believe you didn't do a double-take when you saw Stray Kids getting 30% just so BTS won't be over 44% chance of winning.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• OP you know damn well Stray Kids did not sell more than BTS this year. And the person that makes that chart has been spreading misinformation. I can't believe you didn't do a double-take when you saw Stray Kids getting 30% just so BTS won't be over 44% chance of winning.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Jas, I suppose only releases between November 1 and October 21 are elegible for the record sales' criteria. BTS only had Proof (3.3M). Stray Kids released Christmas EveL, Oddinary and Maxident within this period (780k + 1.7M + 2.3M = 4,78M). So I think It makes sense.

• OP you know damn well Stray Kids did not sell more than BTS this year.

Didn't Stray Kids MAXIDENT sell about 2.5M in October? That would make for 3.6-3.7M total sales in 2022. Not sure if I'm missing something or how the prediction has calculated the score tbh.

EDIT: I have no idea what I'm talking about, poster above does though

• mind that it's CJ MNET MAMA and IVE is group under Starship which is owned by KAKAO

it will be BTS because the difference in points is just too small

IVE will win rookie award

might win song of the year, and best female dance as well

also it's MNet so there might be some 'cooking' done behind the scenes to make sure that judges vote this or another way

External Content www.youtube.com

• Jas, I suppose only releases between November 1 and October 21 are elegible for the record sales' criteria. BTS only had Proof (3.3M). Stray Kids released Christmas EveL, Oddinary and Maxident within this period (780k + 1.7M + 2.3M = 4,78M). So I think It makes sense.

yap you are right

only albums released between this time are counted, previous albums ain't counted because they were counted to MAMA 2021 :)

External Content www.youtube.com

• Ff5L9_5aEAA70Qv?format=jpg&name=900x900

:Leeseo37:

Best new GG artist: Either IVE or NewJeans

Best new BG artist: (idk these groups enough to make a guess/ prediction)

Best female artist: Nayeon

Best male artist: PSY or Kang Daniel

Best Female group: ( we know how voting will go..) i see Blinks smaking that vote button, but id be surprised if Aespa could beat them

Best Male group: Do i even need to say it:pepestare:

Best Vocal performance Solo: Taeyeon INVU

Best Vocal performance Group: Again...does it need to be said :check-bee:

Best Dance performance Solo: PSY That That or Nayeon POP

Best Dance performance Male Group: GOD SO MANY GOOD ONES :cryingr: I'm fine with anyone taking this award truthfully, i legit follow all these groups :waterr:

Best performance Female group: I can see Blinks breaking the Vote button... but in terms of performace i hope IVE, Lesserafim, or (G)-Idle takes this one

Best OST: dont know any of the songs

Best Collab: PSY That That

Best Hip Hop and Urban music: ( idk any of these except for) J-Hope

SOTY: PLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEE (G)-Idle!

AOTY: I honestly dont know who to pick, between fandoms and how crazy BIG fandoms get to vote...Just gonna let this one roll on its own...:pepe-tinfoil-hat:

WWFC Top10: PLEASE! MY GIRLS LOONA :drinktears::pepe-firing::pepe-laser-eyes:

• How trashy has Mnet been with Voting :pepewhat: ( NOT INCLUDING PRODUCE SERIES)

• Jas, I suppose only releases between November 1 and October 21 are elegible for the record sales' criteria. BTS only had Proof (3.3M). Stray Kids released Christmas EveL, Oddinary and Maxident within this period (780k + 1.7M + 2.3M = 4,78M). So I think It makes sense.

BTS has massive back catalogue sales, its unlikely anyone has more album sales than them in the given period. And no one knows if MAMA counts total sales for an artist in a period or just particular albums, after all its artist of the year and not album of the year. These preds seem pretty inaccurate tbh.

Its sad this misinfo is being spread cause if BTS wins its again going to be a massive outcry, which has already begun in this thread about the award being rigged, when BTS would lead in almost all metrics except digitals, which only accounts for 20%, assuming judges vote for them.

Frankly audacious that BTS winning awards or being in contention is still called rigged. Sigh

• BTS has massive back catalogue sales, its unlikely anyone has more album sales than them in the given period. And no one knows if MAMA counts total sales for an artist in a period or just particular albums, after all its artist of the year and not album of the year. These preds seem pretty inaccurate tbh.

Its sad this misinfo ia being spread cause if BTS wins its again going to be a massive outcry, which has already begun in this thread about the award being rigged, when BTS would lead in almost all metrics except digitals, which only accounts for 20%, assuming judges vote for them.

Frankly audacious that BTS winning awards or being in contention is still called rigged. Sigh

Well, they said during the announcement of nominations yesterday, specifically what was released within this period will be counted. So I'm just reproducing what I read/heard yesterday in the live. I have no intention to extend this discussion over a fan prediction. I might be wrong, ofc.

In the end, regardless of the fact they are right, 40% judges decision is still part of the official criteria. So If they decide to give to an other act that is not IVE and is up there high in other criterias, It's still not rigged. No matter what K-pop stans say.

• Well, they said during the announcement of nominations yesterday, specifically what was released within this period will be counted. So I'm just reproducing what I read/heard yesterday in the live. I have no intention to extend this discussion over a fan prediction.

In the end, regardless of the fact they are right, 40% judges decision is still part of the official criteria. So If they decide to give to an other act that is not IVE and is up there high in other criterias, It's still not rigged. No matter what K-pop stans say.

They say this for the eligibility period each year does not mean legit sales for the year will be left out. We will see anyways when the awards are announced.

MAMA has never stated it's only album released in any given time slot that will only count. Otherwise, how would BTS have won ArTOY with just Butter CD sales when other groups cumulative sales for 2021 surpassed just Butter CD sales? BTS had their back catalog from 2021 counted which was close to 9M which gave them an advantage. So when you guys purposely accept misinformation and then cry rigged when the results are different (and from an account that have spread misinfo that was proven wrong no less) I'll sit here and smile at all the bitter tears kpop stans in this thread looking like certified clowns.

• They say this for the eligibility period each year does not mean legit sales for the year will be left out. We will see anyways when the awards are announced.

They said "released" too.

Yeah, let's what the future holds. But one thing we know for sure is that people will complain if BTS wins. They complained because BTS won ArOTY on mama in 2016. Complained because Spring Day won soty. Complained because BWL won. Complained Dynamite won. Complained because Butter won. They can't never escape.

:pepe-tea:

• MAMA has never stated it's only album released in any given time slot that will only count. Otherwise, how would BTS have won ArTOY with just Butter CD sales when other groups cumulative sales for 2021 surpassed just Butter CD sales? BTS had their back catalog from 2021 counted which was close to 9M which gave them an advantage. So when you guys purposely accept misinformation and then cry rigged when the results are different (and from an account that have spread misinfo that was proven wrong no less) I'll sit here and smile at all the bitter tears kpop stans in this thread looking like certified clowns.

They said yesterday in the live announcing the nominations, you can watch yourself or just read my post above to Paradis. I'm just saying what I read/heard.

I'm aware It's just a random fan prediction that doesn't have any relevance in comparison to the real award show. If people take It so seriously, It's up to them. I just thought It was interesting to have an idea about who could be nominated and how the judges decision may end up having a lot of influence.

About crying over BTS winning, I cant talk about everyone in the thread, but I'd be more happy to see them winning than IVE, since I don't even listen to the girls songs. Anyway If they do, I don't think It's undeserved too.

• MAMA has never stated it's only album released in any given time slot that will only count. Otherwise, how would BTS have won ArTOY with just Butter CD sales when other groups cumulative sales for 2021 surpassed just Butter CD sales? BTS had their back catalog from 2021 counted which was close to 9M which gave them an advantage. So when you guys purposely accept misinformation and then cry rigged when the results are different (and from an account that have spread misinfo that was proven wrong no less) I'll sit here and smile at all the bitter tears kpop stans in this thread looking like certified clowns.

and Mnet never say they count back-catalog either. Therefore, to say prediction is misinform is acting like there is an official statement saying they count back-catalog. There is no clarification on how they count the number so people can predict either way. People who took fan prediction seriously acting like their faves win/lose as if their faves depending on them is the clown lol.

Didn't Butter still has 2.9M sales at the end of last year. Butter in the top 8 of Gaon digital yearly with 600M and Permission of the dance have 400M and they obviously win in MV views + Apple Music.

so with/without back catelog, they still have the number last year to win AroTY.

CD sales were only 20% last year (30% this year).

They never said it's neither one nor the other. Nobody knows, nobody will ever know.

BTS was ahead in both scenarios last year, so it doesn't prove anything. BE was in the eligibility period.

• its funny bc bts has the number to back it everywhere year before but this one

so if they win their fans can know its due to external things but not numbers

The judges are usually swayed by flashey international records like billboard so I'll be surprised if BTS don't take it

2023 & beyond will be interesting but mama always change their criteria based on who's attending or not lol

• External Content twitter.com

Another predictions acc with pretty much the same numbers

IVE is #1 for both ArOTY and SOTY but it's not a big gap in either so it's entirely possible they get nothing :drinktears:

• This thread contains 21 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!