I was checking out the female and male acts with the highest amount of ROTYs in the last 10 years...

• 2012 exo debuted too didn't they? Surprised bap took home most of the awards.

2015 💀

This year no bg deserves any roty award tbf. 2022 was absolutely gg domination!

°⨳°·..·°⨳°⊹٭ 𝓙𝓞𝓨 ٭⊹°⨳°·..·°⨳°

e59e7135c19a6341cc1e93725017b2ba7130662a.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv 87421ed4a49499627715cb8666cc133529df9593.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv b2fee2c558a21bd6472498e040b6dad3a40db33e.gifv

• 2012 exo debuted too didn't they? Surprised bap took home most of the awards.

2015 💀

This year no bg deserves any roty award tbf. 2022 was absolutely gg domination!

B.A.P could've been a big force If they were in a better agency. It didn't even need to be a big3. So much potential for nothing.

It's a painful situation, cause NewJeans would have been a ROTY in almost any other year. But IVE is just too strong.

• Thinking back of 2017/2018 I remember how I was surprised that there existed a row of award shows tho who decided to go a different rout and even awarded smaller groups.

My ulti group is no where near being popular, they are not even a middle-class group and still won 6 awards to this day, where 2 of them were as rookie of the year/Best newcomer. And this is crazy tho since you mostly think that all award shows would follow a criteria where they would award a new artist with most views or most sold CDs and so on, but some award shows just say fuck it and award people for other things.

Its weird a bit to realise that there might be 10-20 award shows in Korea and you expect that almost all awards go to the same artist for selling the most, having the most views,... and so on but even being nice to smaller artists sounds like something you often won't think could be done.

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• On the "bgs made no impact this year", it's mainly because no big4 groups or big produce groups were debuting. (with the exception of Xdinary Heroes but they are a band so Ig circumstances are different...). Had there been a major debut from those ends, it would have been a bit different.

Hybe debuted not just one, but two gg. Then you have IVE which isn't big4 but had a lot of hype pre-debut and managed to maintain it and grow it even more. Kep1er being the produce group. JYP debuted NMIXX, etc. IVE's impact was huge though, so yeah they'll sweep. Still, lots of groups coming from big places...

I wouldn't say bg don't deserve awards though. I think they still put in the work and did their best considering the circumstances and cards handed to them. Tempest's music is very fun and vibrant, and I think people would like it if they gave it a chance...

I would just give gg's more awards or something...

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• Bad News is such a good and fun song.

I haven't listened to their comeback, but I will check it out!

• On the "bgs made no impact this year", it's mainly because no big4 groups or big produce groups were debuting. (with the exception of Xdinary Heroes but they are a band so Ig circumstances are different...). Had there been a major debut from those ends, it would have been a bit different.

This exactly. Just looking at this list you can tell it's been a long, long time since there was a year where a major company (or Produce) didn't debut a boy group. There weren't even any boy groups from the mid-tier companys like Cube.

Heck just a couple of years ago people were bemoaning that girl groups were being left behind because outside of itzy and aespa, no girl groups were really making any headway with their debuts and now look. It honestly wasn't until IVE debuted that we kick started this girl group wave.

• This exactly. Just looking at this list you can tell it's been a long, long time since there was a year where a major company (or Produce) didn't debut a boy group. There weren't even any boy groups from the mid-tier companys like Cube.

Heck just a couple of years ago people were bemoaning that girl groups were being left behind because outside of itzy and aespa, no girl groups were really making any headway with their debuts and now look. It honestly wasn't until IVE debuted that we kick started this girl group wave.

Next year there will be SMNBG, Trainee A, JYPNBG, the Boys Planet bg :Gaeul5:

• That’s true the last big 4th gen BG was enhypen, SM BG is coming , HYBE and JYP might debut BG soon.

• :pepe-magnify:

`✵•.¸,✵°✵.。.✰ 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘪 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴, 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘢 𝘧𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘴𝘺, 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘧𝘦𝘤𝘵 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘤 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘢 𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘻𝘪𝘯𝘦. 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘪 𝘸𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘶𝘱 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺, 𝘪 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘣𝘢𝘳𝘣𝘪𝘦 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘴 ✰.。.✵°✵,¸.•✵´

Dahyun, Jeongyeon and Jihyo in Talk that Talk MV | Twice, Merry happy,  Twice mv   Chaeyoung 🗡💙👓 - TALK THAT TALK MV (1) | Kpop wallpaper, Kpop girls, What  is love

`

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!