i think all cbs should have a rollout like newjeans' debut

• I think it's more towards open the preorder after the songs drop so fans will buy it only if they're satisfied with the quality. But again, most fans will still buy it even the songs aren't that good. So, I don't see any difference, honestly.

• You can only do this if you're confident about your music. you're delusional if you drop a song like O.O and expect people to look forward to your debut :eyes:

• I'd be pretty impossible for most companies to budget MVs like that. Although I do like the idea of more groups doing low-budget videos for b-sides like Hurt or even the Cookie MV.

• If everybody does it, it would start becoming boring soon and people would start wishing for teasers like how it was during the good old days.

๐๐“๐’ โ™ก ๐๐ฅ๐š๐œ๐ค๐ฉ๐ข๐ง๐ค โ™ก ๐€๐ž๐ฌ๐ฉ๐š

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• If everybody does it, it would start becoming boring soon and people would start wishing for teasers like how it was during the good old days.

i don't dislike the current standard because its "boring" though. i dislike it because releasing concept pictures for 3 weeks doesn't "build hype" for me. its essentially filler content, that you will see if you buy the album anyway. only fans care anyway so its hardly actually "promotion".

who's your favorite artist?

• Music videos cost a lot of money.

For big groups from rich companies:

It should be pre-release MV, then lead single after month with MV too, other videos can be just performance/full choreo videos.

For groups from mid/small companies current 'norm' is much better and less expensive.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Music videos cost a lot of money.

For big groups from rich companies:

It should be pre-release MV, then lead single after month with MV too, other videos can be just performance/full choreo videos.

For groups from mid/small companies current 'norm' is much better and less expensive.

im starting to realize some people in this thread misunderstood me. i didn't mean that they need to release an mv for every song on the album per se. just that they should drop the pretext and release the music first. also many groups have had at least one bside mv along with the main track mv in the past. mustering up two mvs for an album isn't that expensive for bigger companies.

• i don't dislike the current standard because its "boring" though. i dislike it because releasing concept pictures for 3 weeks doesn't "build hype" for me. its essentially filler content, that you will see if you buy the album anyway. only fans care anyway so its hardly actually "promotion".

They do all that teasing so that the fans will preorder the album. I also believe 3 weeks is too much, but the labels also need time to prepare with the album count estimate.

• They do all that teasing so that the fans will preorder the album. I also believe 3 weeks is too much, but the labels also need time to prepare with the album count estimate.

i would perfer to buy albums based on the music personally. like others i will preorder for my fav group bc i trust the music. but the pictures do little to entice me. and im sure many kpop fans feel the same. ofc you will preorder the album of your favs if you're that kind of stan. even if you don't like the pictures that much. the biggest album buyers will buy all versions without a second thought about the pictures anyway. preorders for most groups start before the the pictures drop anyway :angryr:

• Why not both? Concept MV that donโ€™t really show the songs but the feel of the comeback and teaser photos. Of course this would be more expensive

โค๏ธ Twice | Jihyo โค๏ธ

Twice Jihyo Gif - twice 2020

• i would perfer to buy albums based on the music personally. like others i will preorder for my fav group bc i trust the music. but the pictures do little to entice me. and im sure many kpop fans feel the same. ofc you will preorder the album of your favs if you're that kind of stan. even if you don't like the pictures that much. the biggest album buyers will buy all versions without a second thought about the pictures anyway. preorders for most groups start before the the pictures drop anyway :angryr:

I mean let's be honest, most kpop albums are bought for the photocards and photobooks. The album having your fav tracks is just a bonus. Kpop companies know what they are doing when they pull out such a roll out for their artist's comeback. And it seems to be working for them, so I doubt it will ever stop.

• I mean let's be honest, most kpop albums are bought for the photocards and photobooks. The album having your fav tracks is just a bonus. Kpop companies know what they are doing when they pull out such a roll out for their artist's comeback. And it seems to be working for them, so I doubt it will ever stop.

i get what you mean. im just saying that the people that are actually buying the most albums do not care either way about pics. they will buy anyway. photocards, yeah, but companies don't even preview the photocards for us lol.

• Am I the only one who is not getting what is unique about NewJeans rollout? The only thing that they did which was unique was releasing as many MVs as they can in less time as possible. And it would not be feasible if they weren't from financially the biggest company in kpop history or were from unknown company. Otherwise pre-releases are nothing unique. Most YGE groups have done it, BTS have done it and recently aespa as well. They actually did them better by making songs available on official platforms and promoting those pre-releases. You might be talking about something different because I'm just assuming you're talking about pre-releases.....

• Am I the only one who is not getting what is unique about NewJeans rollout? The only thing that they did which was unique was releasing as many MVs as they can in less time as possible. And it would not be feasible if they weren't from financially the biggest company in kpop history or were from unknown company. Otherwise pre-releases are nothing unique. Most YGE groups have done it, BTS have done it and recently aespa as well. They actually did them better by making songs available on official platforms and promoting those pre-releases. You might be talking about something different because I'm just assuming you're talking about pre-releases.....

attention, hype boy, and cookie are all newjeans' promoted, lead singles. so by dropping attention with no prior announcement, no pictures, no member introductions (since it was a debut), they essentially posted a title track mv out of nowhere. very gutsy but obviously paid off.

Participate now!

Donโ€™t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!