The 4th generation doesn't have a top boy group and top girl group

• As we all know the 4gen has started since 2018 ( some might argue that it started a little bit later ) which means it's being 4 years that this generation started but we have yet to see a top boy group and a top girl.

What i mean by that is that this generation doesn't have a group that beats every other groups in all categories like for example during the second generation we had Girls generation who owned the Korean charts, sails that could compete with boy groups sales, and they had the most number one show wins, and for Boy groups we had BigBang who excelled in all categories although their sales weren't huge no one could be them on charts and Korea had chosen them as their representative bg.

For the third Generation for ggs we have Twice and Blackpink who excel in multiple categories beating all other ggs and for boy groups we had Exo and then they passed their crown the BTS who dominated everything.

But it comes to this generation the 4th generation we don't have a clear number one, we have Aespa who recently achieved the highest album sail for a gg but the charts have yet to follow with them it's either a hit or miss when it comes to Korean charting, for their Spotify well they're on pare with other ggs, when it comes to music show wins well they don't beat any other gg.

For I've who made their debut 7 months ago have two songs who made it to number one on the charts a lot a huge number of music show wins which is really impressive for them, good Spotify numbers but their sales although amazing for them they still didn't beat any records.

G-idle and Itzy both debuted at an awkward times not at the beginning of 4gen but also not at the end of 3rd gen so it's pretty weird to compare them to the other girl groups of this generation.

When it comes to G-idle they where the dark horse of these year, manged to have one of the most acclaimed song of the year so far maintaining number one for a very long time which was impressive for group that people thought would fade away after the scandal but they proved everyone wrong, but let's go to their sales although they're good they still lack a lot of group with their popularity, when it comes to their music show wins i can't compare them to other ggs simply because they have a couple year of advance compare to them, they have good number of Spotify listeners but they don't beat anyone.

Itzy had a great start with Dala Dala beating different records but unfortunately those records got beaten by other groups, they still have a good number of sales and Spotify listeners but not enough to crown them number one.

Rookies like Lesserafim, Nmixx and Kepler have being doing well for themselves although Lesserafim beats them in all categories for now.

Boy groups, for these generation boy groups achievement are so weird when have groups like Enhypen who are million salaires with amazing Spotify numbers but fail to chart and their music show wins are small. In general it hard to categories boy groups because the gap between them isn't huge from txt, Stray kids ( these two are like g idle and Itzy) to treasure all these groups have good sails and Spotify numbers yet no one really take number one spot in everything.

To summer this 4gen is generation which has multiple top groups and each one of them excels in one category and each have enough success to sustain them for a long time and that's what makes it special a generation with great achievement that where once hard to obtain.

• nana18

Changed the title of the thread from “The 4th generation doesn't a top boy and top girl group” to “The 4th generation doesn't have a top boy group and top girl group”.
  • i know eh, damn kpop groups. they should debut and make 1 million albums sales chart #1 on bb and spotify. whats wrong with these 4th gens. half of them debuted like 7 months ago and they cant even compete yet with 3rd and 2nd gen who had 7+years in their career. smh where do they get these idols

• I don't know about boy groups but for girl groups it started in 2019 based on comments from Knetz I mean, they never mentioned girl groups that debuted in 2018 when they bring up 4th gen girl groups ranking and stuff its hard to put them all together in one generation and maybe unfair to them.

• Aespa would of won tons of music shows if Next level wasn't directly in release competition with Butter BTS/IU which is literally kpop biggest fandoms in Korea. Fact that Next level did so well vs literally the toughest competition in Korea digitally isn't something that other gen groups faced. Exo had a massive fandom but it doesn't really compare to modern Bts/IU is a wall digitally in Korea. Plus it was a digital release with no album so Next level didn't get a physical score which made it impossible for Aespa to win anything while being one of the biggest songs in Korea in 2021. In general Music show wins is always hit/miss as it depends on other releases at the time, how many music shows the company sends the group to do in their promo period etc.

Aespa selling 2 mil albums total in their second year isn't something average or expected, or winning so many awards in their first year. Their recent release is literally in top 20 Melon,5 charting songs in top 100? It isn't like Aespa is doing bad. It's literally only Ive/Gidle/LE SSERAFIM and Aespa for 4th gen in there right now. People just don't like the group I presume or it's popular to discredit Aespa like OP, to blush off these achievements as average or nothing special is delusion. I never/don't expect Aespa streams to be insane internationally with SM current music direction with them, but it isn't bad like a lot of antis claim it to be.

Just like Blackpink/Twice early years, It would be Aespa and IVE now as top groups for 4th gen. The market is way more saturated than ever so I think less and less will there be such a monopoly or majority like previous gen. Which isn't at all a bad thing like 3rd gen stans would brag about. Different era's and Koreans are all about whats trendy, Kpop has taken a back burner to the public for a while now.

In Korea kpop from Boygroups just isn't there for 4th gen, though internationally I think Stray kids are doing good digitally and bunch of Boygroups are selling albums like hot cakes. So for me it be harder to say who are the Top 4th gen boygroups.

• aespas charting isnt as bad as you guys are making it out to be for girls

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• aespas charting isnt as bad as you guys are making it out to be for girls

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I know, Aespa has 5 songs in top 100 in melon. A lot of groups don't even chart in top 100.... Apparently because it didn't hit number 1 on the chart which are generally public friendly songs, anti's are quick to be toxic...

• groups you mean btw twice is against iu and Big Bang and taeyon and bts early years and they smash everyone

• so what are you trying to say aespa is the leader of 4th gen? Cuz hun it’s too early to tell when there’s ive

When did I say I don't like IVE or that "top" has to be exclusive or that AESPA is the leaders? Am replying to OP discrediting Aespa achievements or that they aren't one of the clear top groups for this gen currently..... Like Blackpink/Twice was for the start of their gen....

• True, if there is only 1, it could be boring

not just that but more competition keeps the kpop companies on their toes and (hopefully) prods them to do better and better each time even if it is to beat the competition...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!