Is Aespa nugu outside of China and Korea?

• So I went to give aespa's new song a listen. And while on their spotify page, I realize the song "illusion" they released on 6/1 only have 8M streams on spotify.. I know it's a surprise drop, but it's already been over 3 weeks, and for a single release that's really low for a "4th gen leader" girl group?

Someone tell me this is actually normal and not because I am used to seeing blackpink numbers. I personally really like the song and as a non fan already listened to it more than 20 times, and this song is perfectly suited for international audience, not a slow ballad song. so the fact that it hasn't even hit 10M is a total surprise to me.

• why would people outside of Korea refer to a group with a Korean word?

• I only live in 1 country outside of China and Korea and can answer that all Kpop is nugu here...Good luck on getting answers from the other 192 countries.

you mean you don't constantly have tracking data for kpop sales and spotify numbers for all 192 countries in the world especially the maknae South Sudan????? what kind of non-success stan are you????

• the song was a bside, no? a surprise one at that, it's not a big deal. also let's please leave bp out of this.

your taeyong badge... is he cosplaying todoroki from mha?

He was definitely inspired by Todoroki ^^

• why are you comparing a group that debuted in 2020 with a group that debuted in 2016 :pepestare:

I am not comparing to BP. I just thought a "4th gen leader" group with a single release should get 10m streams after 3 weeks? The streams doesn't match the popularity I keep hearing about.

• Asepa will be grateful to you for contribution of 20 streams. May LSM will guide to the path of kwangya and helpful to asepa to kill naevies and save them from anons.

• Don't bring Blackpink into this you troll :cursing::evil:

First, don't use BP here.

You guys (in general) are funny, the same ones talking s about Aespa and using BP for bait are also the same ones who shitted on BP in the past :suure:

Why people always bring BP names to make a war with aespa? Fuckin no life :clown:

I am comparing them to BP because I have no other GG to compared to. Only them and BP are able to sell 1.5M for an album. So you'd assume they have similar fandom size. But for some reason nobody is listening to their new song? At least outside of China and korea since they don't use Spotify.

I know it's a not promoted single but for a GG that can sell 1.5M, the new song only have 8M streams after 3 weeks. It's a good song nonetheless so I don't get it.

• I am not comparing to BP. I just thought a "4th gen leader" group with a single release should get 10m streams after 3 weeks? The streams doesn't match the popularity I keep hearing about.

This is a bside. I just looked. It’s on par with other leading 4th gen gg bsides tho? Ive’s Royal has less streams, but a comparable total (7M); outside from My Bag, which is its own minor hit, this is higher than GIDLE’s bsides; higher than most of Itzy’s bsides on Loco except the two that went viral (and it can probably pass at least one of those).

I know you’re just trolling and trying to shade aespa but for anyone reading who’s actually interested..

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• This is a bside. I just looked. It’s on par with other leading 4th gen gg bsides tho? Ive’s Royal has less streams, but a comparable total (7M); outside from My Bag, which is its own minor hit, this is higher than GIDLE’s bsides; higher than most of Itzy’s bsides on Loco except the two that went viral (and it can probably pass at least one of those).

I know you’re just trolling and trying to shade aespa but for anyone reading who’s actually interested..

This! And like, it's a surprise song with no promotion from a very young group so what are people expecting?

And using BP is just illogical when one debuted in 2016 and the other in 2020.

Anyways, Aespa releases are amazing, their discography is gold and let's wait for their official cb!!

• It is new though. This time its not in anon. I think the OP also is the same person who wrote that long ass essay in anon on how aespa flop with Life too short.

why would be them? they were brave to use their public account and post it on main, why would they hide in anon section? it doesn't make any sense

• This is a bside. I just looked. It’s on par with other leading 4th gen gg bsides tho? Ive’s Royal has less streams, but a comparable total (7M); outside from My Bag, which is its own minor hit, this is higher than GIDLE’s bsides; higher than most of Itzy’s bsides on Loco except the two that went viral (and it can probably pass at least one of those).

I know you’re just trolling and trying to shade aespa but for anyone reading who’s actually interested.

The song is released on its own, not with another song, so it's not a b-side. The other songs you mentioned are actually b-sides (released with title track), so it makes sense. My point is that for a standalone release it has really low streams, for a GG that can sell 1.5M, even if it's unpromoted.

• Streams are meaningless. Money comes from sales.

If all you do is stream then your faves will starve.

you think the sales will go to your favs, when most of the sales will go to the company and the songwriters. :angryr:

Before being million seller BP were rich because they were doing great in Korea. Back to back hits, this is why they don’t need to cb every year to make banks.

• you think the sales will go to your favs, when most of the sales will go to the company and the songwriters. :angryr:

Before being million seller BP were rich because they were doing great in Korea. Back to back hits, this is why they don’t need to cb every year to make banks.

If the company don't get paid then they will not hire song writers and they disband your faves. KPOP is a business. It is all about sales and about money. It is not folk music.

Hallyu itself is an export scheme supported by the Korean government because Korea needs to export to stay wealthy. If things don't bank they get canceled.

Why do I watch survival shows? This!

• If the company don't get paid then they will not hire song writers and they disband your faves. KPOP is a business. It is all about sales and about money. It is not folk music.

Hallyu itself is an export scheme supported by the Korean government because Korea needs to export to stay wealthy. If things don't bank they get canceled.

You make absolutely sense. Before physical boom a lot of GG we’re doing bad with album sales maybe the exception was SNSD, twice, izone, and BP.

GG have always been GP darlings the argument that only album sales makes money is tiring and false. When most GG are rich just because they’re doing great charting and streaming wise.

• You make absolutely sense. Before physical boom a lot of GG we’re doing bad with album sales maybe the exception was SNSD, twice, izone, and BP.

GG have always been GP darlings the argument that only album sales makes money is tiring and false. When most GG are rich just because they’re doing great charting and streaming wise.

i have thought most charting and streaming money goes to the producers, cfs and gigs are probably legit money source for idols, but for those who are not very popular in korea esp boygroups i think main money source is sales and touring, at least even if company gets most money in the end they use it to fund their next comebacks, so less sales could lead to some of them having no comeback and disband

• This thread contains 2 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!